ns2_redemption (screenshots included)

roflgatorroflgator Join Date: 2007-09-10 Member: 62246Members
edited February 2013 in Mapping
**NEW UPDATED SCREENSHOTS IN POST BELOW THIS POST**
***MAP IS AVAILABLE FOR DL TO TEST OUT IN STEAM WORKSHOP***
This map is currently a WIP. I have only made one other map and it was for NS1.
The map is playable and i will release a beta within the next couple of days.
Im very new to this so i will def be spending a lot of time adding more trims and details to sharpen things up. :) And some feedback on things that I can improve will def help me in the future.
im working on the lighting big time*
the minimap was a bit screwed up when i was taking the screenshots but it is fixed now.

VI64x9Q.jpg
vImkIWr.jpg
EpuJEPD.jpg
Kr5chuH.jpg
DOtKSKU.jpg

Comments

• roflgatorroflgator Join Date: 2007-09-10 Member: 62246Members
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    can we see an overview of the map?

from the screenshots it looks empty and 'rough' on the edges
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    looks cool, some interesting looking rooms - light is a little bright for my liking :)
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Looks pretty good. Maybe it would be nice if the lighting were more dramatic (more contrast and color) but I can understand wanting to make a fairly well lit map for competitive purposes.
  • roflgatorroflgator Join Date: 2007-09-10 Member: 62246Members
    You guys are def right, its bright and a lot of the lighting was off, i decided to update it and add some more lighting and colors. Also added a minimap (however i havnt looked at any tutorials and dont know how to make the vents orange yet.)
    WYyDMX9.jpg
    egBd80X.jpg
    nWnWOqv.jpg
    igTubIV.jpg
    GYlo05E.jpg
    y8rrVvo.jpg
  • FunkyFungusFunkyFungus Join Date: 2003-09-09 Member: 20691Members
    edited February 2013
    like the new lighting :)

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Yes, it does look nicer when it is darker. One thing you might want to focus on is having the lights placed more strategically: right now they just sort of add brightness at various points, but they would be more interesting if they were shaped like spotlights highlighting specific piece of geometry or specific areas. That way instead of just being diffuse sources of light, they would be more visually interesting highlights.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Looking pretty good so far. The cafe could use some more texture variation on the floor, but other than that it's off to a good start.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I'll hold them off whilst you escape, samus! *brandishes axe*
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    So... does playable mean it's actually balanced?

Also, *necro* :P
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Looks really nice. Is the creator still around?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    I haven't heard anything back from him, yet. But it will be playable now, unlike before where it had no com invisible, occlusion, or pathing, and not ideal location entities.
  • bdbkushbdbkush .ca Join Date: 2014-02-13 Member: 193974Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Does the map name on your fixed reiteration still get called on as "ns2_redemption"? or is it ns2_redemption_fixed ?
  • bdbkushbdbkush .ca Join Date: 2014-02-13 Member: 193974Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Gave this a play-through on Black Mesa Research Facility with 20/20.. Seems very marine sided, names need to be added to areas on the map otherwise they're referred to just by letter "A-G". Seems promising, I'd say maybe 85% done with 15% needed to be spent on optimizing balance to give aliens a better chance.
  • XaleXale Paris / France Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24767Members
    edited May 2019
    Just tested it :

Problems spotted in game :

- Power points in the middle of the map doesn't seems to work
    - One of the RT near Marine start (Up left) seems to use another power than the one near it
    - No vents in minimap

EDIT :

I just noticed a fixed version here, but no changelog and screenshots :(

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229784975