The AusNs2 League has kicked off! Round #4

AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS!Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
edited March 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
I'll be keeping this thread updated with any and all infos related to game times (which may result in streams, if you are interested to watch)
Round 4 maps: Descent, Tram
Round 4 results
3-1>| VS Int
Round 3 maps: Biodome, Jambi
Round 3 Results
4-0 Int vs GoN
1-3 Hello vs Envy
4-0 RaZe vs G.
4 - 0 >| vs Tum

Round 2 maps: Caged; Summit.
Round 2 results
3-1 RaZe vs Aus
4-0 Hello vs Numero Onos
3-1 Bottom end vs Gladitatoes
0-4 Intent vs Envy
3-1 Gorge of nazareth vs Team Tummy

If you believe you are interested in streaming one of the matches (last week we had a few games at the same time, so 2 games went un-recorded) Send me a steam message and i'll forward you to the important persons, (i have all the important ausns2 admins on friend, that is to say, all of them.) and i'll see what i can do.
Round 1 Results:
Maps: Tram; Veil.
4 - 0 hello vs AUS 4 - 0
0 - 4 The Bottom End vs RaZe
3 - 1 Intent. vs Numero Onos
2 - 2 Gorge of Nazareth vs Gladiators
0 - 4 Team Tummy vs Envy

You can find all important info on the League Here, And Here.

You can watch the matches Here.
Phil has taken up streaming matches aswell, Here
And You can watch matches from GoN perspective Here.

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I would love to watch, but every single advert that comes on breaks the player and I cannot watch any of the videos. When twitch fix that, I'll watch :P
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    You realise you can just get addblock. Just saying.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    They stopped that, now it blocks audio and pops up a message when you'd get an ad anyway, even if you have adblock.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Adblock stops everything twitch throws at it.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Having now watched the first two rounds, I have to ask the question, what strat were you going for in round2?

Were you going for fast JP's, or planning for a GL rush?

Going to watch the rest now...
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited February 2014
    that is an oldie and a secret i like to keep. don't want to give it away just yet. we may play tram again and i may want to use the full strat. (i.e not get base rushed *facedesk*)
    Note: we had armor 2. Which i really think i might just adopt from now on. if you lane block good enough early armor 2 can really work engagements in your favor. particularly with welders.
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    edited February 2014
    Twitch replays available here.

Unfortunately there was a lot of waiting for games to start, so judiciously skip through the video until you find the game starts. You won't miss much apart from seb's awesome drawing skills.

It was really great to be able to watch these matches and review performance. Learned a great deal.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    it's spelt Liar. auron pls.
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nezz pls, it's lire.
    #OP now updated with results. see you next week!
  • Taz-Taz- Australia Join Date: 2003-11-26 Member: 23597Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Khyron wrote: »
    Unfortunately there was a lot of waiting for games to start, so judiciously skip through the video until you find the game starts. You won't miss much apart from seb's awesome drawing skills. It was really great to be able to watch these matches and review performance. Learned a great deal.

If you're seeing pre-game stuff you've gone to twitch and clicked the wrong links. I've painstakingly highlighted the rounds and those are the ones that are linked on the schedule page.

@Taz-

We watched the originally posted link by AurOn2, which was just the full coverage of their individual match, as none of the others had been played...
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Week 2 Predictions from nezz & w00t:

Maps: Summit & Caged
    nezz wrote:
    GoN vs Team Tummy (3-1)

With Team tummy being completely new to competitive NS2 i have given GoN the upper hand. With both teams have limited knowledge on Caged i have given Tummy a alien round win which would be a upset.

Team tummy show promise, there general skill level is decent, Just need a little transition into competitive play and a idea of strategy and class/player make up and they will be upsetting teams on a weekly basis.

Intent vs N^ (0-4)

Intent are a new team on the block aswell with a few campaigned players and a few limited experienced players from low tier teams. They show potential and rely heavily on strong leadership from iGnite to perform well. General skill level is good, while they need to improve on engagements & tech path. Tthey will prove to be strong competition for all teams in the future

> | vs Gladiators (2-2)

Both teams are in the beginning phases of there careers in NS2. if they can sustain long enough and not become in-active in 2 weeks they both have decent lineups that with time & practice can gel well together. I would think Bottom End would have the upper-hand in this match but due to there in-ability to play NS2 actively I think Gladiators will take rounds of them.

I haven't been exposed alot to these two teams so can't offer much advice other than to focus on engagements & tech path.

Hello vs nO (4-0)

Hello will take this with very little resistance vs a learning team nO. Even thou Hello are very rusty they boast strong individual players and good amount of game knowledge, Which will prove to strong for nO.

nO have some quality up & coming players (eg: warped) however I think this team lacks leadership from a experience player about making the right calls at the right times.

RAZE vs AUS (3-1)

I've given raze the upper hand. I think alot comes from a few individual performances more-so then a team. There very in-consistent due to a large lineup and a massive skill gap between a few of there members & constantly changing peoples roles. There good players play alot of ns2 (Bruno).

AUS is well AUS. Expect anything. possibly 25 lerks or a welder rush on the hive who knows. They have a few solid players but lack experience together as they also boast the lineup as big as China's army.

Good luck boys,
    nezzA
    w00t wrote:
    GoN vs Team Tummy (2-2)

Both of these clans are newly formed and both of them comprise of decent pubbers along with players who played in drafts as well as pugs. I've gone for a draw here given that the general skill level between the two teams appears to be about the same. However i have very little experience beyond playing several pub games with some of both clan's members and as such lack the ability to write up a preview of either clan

Would not be surprised to see the game go either way, or even a lopsided victory. Cohesion and team work will be key here as i think the players are evenly skilled

Intent vs N^ (0-4)

Intent are a newly formed clan that i firmly believe can be a force, given that they comprise of skilled players led by iGnite, who has a great deal of potential as long as he remains interested in the game, shoutout to OldWick as well who i remember as carrying Nescera back in the earliest seasons of NS2.

On the flipside, they are coming across Envy, a team comprised of players from both former number 1 teams in Australia (Seraphic Nexus/Nostromo and Ascension), with all of them having well above average aim along with excellent skill in all alien lifeforms. In addition to all this, members of this clan have extensive experience playing some of the best teams in world. The key here will be how cohesive they are as team as well as the commanding capabilities of Outsider.

I expect a routine victory from Envy however would not be surprised if Intent manage to steal a round or two, should Envy get complacent.

> | vs Gladiators (3-1)

The Bottom End is a newly formed squad comprised of the best members from the now defunct 50 Shades of Grey and 20% Cooler clans. Led by Ten/Inter (Thanks Spider!) they have the potential to reach much greater heights should they consistently scrim and endeavour through the inevitable losses in the early stages of a clan. Shoutout to 10% Cooler who i remember as having amazing aim at his peak.

Gladiators is also a newly formed squad comprised of members mostly from the most recent draft as well as some of the best pubbers in the Australian community. They have a relatively solid core set of players and regular scrims with other clans such as Gorge of Nazareth and Numero Onos will go a long way to significantly improving their game; Shoutout to Lonewolf Jedi who i've had the pleasure of playing with and who i believe excels at both on field play and in the commander's chair.

With regards to the round, i've listed The Bottom End as slight favourites to win in what should be a tight contest, and would not be surprised to see the game go either way or a draw.

Hello vs nO (4-0)

Hello is another clan that incorporates the rest of the current Australian top tiered players. Formed as a merger of Lord Mayor and X. this team comprises of some of the best players in Australia, all of whom have extensive experience in playing high pressure finals. Provided their players don't lose interest and regularly scrim they will be vying for top spot in this current season. Particularly shoutout to Jekt as one of the best players in Australia as well as Bonage for being the world's hardest gorge to kill.

Numero Onos is a relatively long-lived clan containing a very solid core of players who started off as a learning clan back in the first AusNS2 draft. With their relative activeness in both the pug, pub and scrim scene, i expect them to get better and better with every game. Led exceptionally well by Crouch, they have the members with great potential to succeed in this tournament. Shoutout to Warped who's fade improves with game i watch and accompanies that with a very well rounded marine game.

With respects to the round, Hello will have just too much firepower and too much skill for Numero Onos to handle; all of Hello's members are veterans from the former best clans in Australia (SrS/Nova/[]) and will know exactly what it takes to win and win efficiently

RAZE vs AUS (4-0)

Raze, a robust clan with a large roster that has up until the advent of Rust in early December been one of the most active clans in Australia, Lucas2616 and Bruno in particular were possibly the most active players in the community, regularly pugging and scrimming in both Australia and the United States. As a result of this, Raze possess two of Australia's best along with a very strong roster of players, with their activeness and the leadership skills of Lucas2616 i expect Raze to be the darkhorse of this tournament. Their only potential downfall would be their overly large roster and the cohesiveness of their members.

AUS, everyone within the Australian NS2 community will have heard of AUS, the longest lived clan in possibly all of Natural Selection, with an abnormally large roster and a creative streak for strategies, AUS represents unpredictability and uncertainty at its finest. This team will shock and frustrate some of the best clans in Australia by pulling off some of the most hilarious victory rounds. Expect the unexpected; 6 Gorge base rushes, 6 Lerks and possibly any other strategies you can name, AUS will probably pull it off.

Based on their activeness as well as overall skill level, i'd be predicting a quick RaZe win, but as mentioned before, don't be surprised if AUS pulls off a stunning upset/draw, and at the very least expect them to steal a round.
    edited February 2014
    @Taz- You also took out seb drawing bondage. ;(

I'll make sure to Keep this thread updated throughout the league gentlemen.
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    This is awesome guys, keep it up!! :D
  • zimoizimoi Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22482Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2014
    Just a note that the majority of matches are played on Sundays at 8pm Sydney time. (This website helps working out the equivalent time in your region http://everytimezone.com)
    i was going to say you forgot to suggest our timezone but wow that website is nifty.
    Wow, that's 9am UK time. I'll try and be awake, but can't guarantee it :D
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    Taz- wrote: »
    If you're seeing pre-game stuff you've gone to twitch and clicked the wrong links. I've painstakingly highlighted the rounds and those are the ones that are linked on the schedule page.
    Ooohh nice, thanks Taz.

For anybody wondering where Taz means, check here, links to individual games in the replay column.
    edited February 2014
    The bottom end Vs Gladiators ended with a 4-0. however, due to technical difficulties (3 sluts/mercs/nonclanmembers at one time, one only joined for 1/2 minutes and had minimal impact) so the bottum end had to cede a round to glads.
    Ending in a 3-1.
  • bonagebonage Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162230Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    That was not the only infringement they made Auron, and as far as infringements go, they made several big ones (the biggest was one of their players joining spec, then jumping back in to play). We have rules in place for a reason, and we expect every team that signs up to the league to abide by them or face the consequences. Both captains were understanding after it was explained and both agreed that the outcome tonight was fair and just.
    Gorge of nazareth vs TUM ended in a GoN 3 - 1 TuM
    can watch games here
    From GoN (my team's) PoV. no casted stream, (seb/philogl was asleep)
    Right, so I am 50mins late, but the stream is offline, surely the games haven't finished already? I used the timezone thing to check, and it is just before 9pm sydney time...
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    You're 24 hours too early.
    HAHAHA Oh crap, it's only Saturday... :P
  • duvelduvel Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26318Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    damn, i really wish i could be there :(
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Great games yesterday GoN! Bask in the glow of your victory while it lasts, but beware team tummy's inevitable and merciless revenge!
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Week 3 preditions from nezz
    nezz wrote:
    Here we are. Week 3 into the league already and there are some much improved teams on the front.

This week we venture into the forbidden depths of Jambi & Biodome. Two great maps and offer a wide range of strategy. Good luck to all the teams.
    Up first;

Numero Onos vs -/AUS/- (2-2)
    Two evenly matched teams to begin the round 3 shoot out, I can't help but think this will be a draw however it can become a easy 4-0 victory to either team. The key to winning this game for either team is who has the strongest marine game and how efficiently they can play it.

RAZE vs Gladiators (4-0)
    This week is going to be tough for the Gladiators. I haven't seen much of Gladiators play, I don't see them putting up much of a fight & should use this as a learning experiment to try out some new things. Mix & match personnel and try and last as long as possible. Using lame to there advantage and hitting RTS is where they might take a game off raze.

Envy vs Hello (3-1)
    The match we have all been waiting for. The gods of AusNS2 meet in a heavyweight title fight for there forum badge. This game can go either way I believe. Envy still new team playing together trying to gel and run smoothly boasting a lot of talent, This is were they can come unstuck & lose rounds quickly. Hello have a very strong line up but it depends on which players play is to how they perform. & how mad Jekt gets.

Bottom End Vs Team Tummy (4-0)
    These two teams show promise in the future. At the current stage however this should be a relatively easy win for the Bottom End. Team Tummy need to keep focused and find positives in there game & work on the weakness. Don't get to disheartened by a stomp. Bottom end host good players from Snx B team and a few pub heros with there pub accounts.

Intent vs GoN (3-1)
    This is the game i'm looking forward to. Intent is new & has improved so much in the past 2 weeks already that i have seen. I believe intent has the power to take this 4-0 with relative ease over another new clan in GoN. If any new teams want to get better quickly have a look at the way intent are going about there game. The under-dogs of this competition by far. I'm yet to see any GoN scrims so can't give any helpful feedback or knowledge to you guys.

​MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR.

[EDIT]
    bonage wrote:
    This season, there is a massive battle occuring in the low-mid tier of the league, meaning that many of new teams are getting to experience many close rounds to fight their way to the top. This weeks match of Numero Onos vs Aus looks to be cracker, and will be a close match for sure that could go anyones way. Team Intent vs Gorge of Nazareth also poses to be another interesting game.

However, one of the biggest matchs this week, and probably for the season, is happening this Sunday at

Hello vs Envy
    9pm AEDT | 2am PST | 11am CET
    twitch.tv/ausns2

It is sure to be a whopping clash between some of the best players in Aus. If philogl manages not to get stuck under any stairs, we should be in for some close rounds. This match will be cast, and we post an update on that shortly.

You can also find the replay of this week's match between The Bottom End vs Team Tummy cast by Philogl & Jekt here: twitch.tv/philogl/b/506502306

Good luck to all teams this week, and may the gorge be with you. Always.