You know your team(-mate) is bad when...

Comments

• ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    6fd692832db9ba9077929943d49fc5.jpg
    c28e2faee7a1cdc0fd079f61b8a8af.jpg

Based on the incredible true story.

This should be a thing!

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Argosh wrote: »
    6fd692832db9ba9077929943d49fc5.jpg
    c28e2faee7a1cdc0fd079f61b8a8af.jpg

Based on the incredible true story.

This should be a thing!

I'm trying to make it a thing. I might make backgrounds for marines and the other 4 lifeforms.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Official NS2 meme thread. Make it.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    when hes to busy chopping on a cyst to help shoot the 3 skulks you are in close ranged combat with right next to him
  • dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members
    when somebody on the enemy team has gotten 146 kills in a row.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    When you go on a sole mission to destroy alien harvesters and a team mate comes with you only to knife / weld said harvester...

Because we have all the time in the world to be doing that... :/
  • InnotaInnota Belgium Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17118Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    when your comm say his order in general chat
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    BoRRiS wrote: »
    When you go on a sole mission to destroy alien harvesters and a team mate comes with you only to knife / weld said harvester...

23 seconds to kill a harvester with an axe. 23 seconds to kill a harvester with level 0 lmg. 23 seconds to kill a harvester with level 1 lmg. 21 seconds to kill a harvester with level 2 lmg. 18 seconds to kill a harvester with level 3 lmg. Unless you already have weapons 2 or 3, might as well axe so you have the ammo to defend yourself... unless you need to kill it at a distance of course.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BoRRiS wrote: »

Think of them as bait. Skulk comes in to stop the marine chopping at the harvester, then you kill it. Hopefully you kill the skulk before it kills your buddy.
    edited February 2014
    james888 wrote: »
    Hopefully you kill the skulk before it kills your buddy.

Sometimes not. ;) I've been sad a few times that I've had to put the poor skulkie down after it did me such a huge favor.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

Sometimes not. ;) I've been sad a few times that I've had to put the poor skulkie down after it did me such a huge favor.
    Most of the time I would rather use them as bait. Unless they are one of those guys that kills every cyst. One of those guys who say "SSSHHH Don't attack anything" and empties a clip in the hive kinda guys. Then he is just a hindrance.
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow

Most of the time I would rather use them as bait. Unless they are one of those guys that kills every cyst. One of those guys who say "SSSHHH Don't attack anything" and empties a clip in the hive kinda guys. Then he is just a hindrance.

I loving using them as bait especially if they have a shotgun :P

I loving using them as bait especially if they have a shotgun :P

Sorry bud, your shotgun must've disappeared... <.< >.>
    I wonder how much more complex this topic would be if we put it in a pub perspective? I am not a bad player, but usually on the low to mid end of pugs when I do play pugs. I have seen other marines try to make me bait in higher level games.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    I wonder how much more complex this topic would be if we put it in a pub perspective? I am not a bad player, but usually on the low to mid end of pugs when I do play pugs. I have seen other marines try to make me bait in higher level games.

im not so much bait as an active decoy. I know my place in the pecking order, and it's typically the decoy.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    edited February 2014
    @beigealert To the defence of stealing SG's in my experience other people get better SG then me. I seem to get the one that doesn't fire strait and had a big glow stick attached to it... I'll get destroyed within 30 seconds of buying my own crappy SG. But when I pick up you shinny nice one I'll go for a 20+ streak!!

-when ninja GT/PG is finished and the first thing they do is attack the nearest cyct or power node....

When you say "stay in the GT you make noise when you get out". And when the "accidently" come out they go back in...

When your shift walking and joe shmo comes running up to you... And waits for you to go in first...

amoral wrote: »

im not so much bait as an active decoy. I know my place in the pecking order, and it's typically the decoy.
    I don't make myself bait, I know better. I do know the pecking order too. I was just trying to keep the terminology the same from low level pubber to pugs.
    amoral wrote: »

I don't make myself bait, I know better. I do know the pecking order too. I was just trying to keep the terminology the same from low level pubber to pugs.

if it's a pub, I'll usually just yolo it, and I rarely travel with company. they can't bite shit anyway.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited July 2014
    ... they weld alien harvester for 3 minutes
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited July 2014
    as far as using teammates as bait...Live bait works best!

edit: Also, did someone say meme thread!?

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/129738/ns2-meme-thread-original-art
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    Irregardless isn't a word :-\"
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    055ee7bac58f8c17c944e60355b305.jpg

Nothing irritates me more than when you're sat round the corner waiting to trap a fade and your marine buddy is like "OH HEY. YEAH THEM FADES EH? HATE 'EM. SAY UHH, I'LL JUST STAND HERE NEXT TO YOU AND WE CAN TRAP HIM TOGETHER HAH HAH HEH"
  • AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    I hate it more on the alien side. Another skulk biting an rt, you hide to ambush a marine and as soon as the marine comes the skulk stops biting and jumps right into the corner you're hiding in.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    You know your teammates bad, when 3 of you are on the other side of the wall the skulks are on, you look at your team and they got shottys, so you run in with LMG, and try to pull all the skulks towards you, by the time you look back your teammates are gone. And your dead.
    RadimaX wrote: »
    ... they weld alien harvester for 3 minutes

i've done that, welder OP
    055ee7bac58f8c17c944e60355b305.jpg

Nothing irritates me more than when you're sat round the corner waiting to trap a fade and your marine buddy is like "OH HEY. YEAH THEM FADES EH? HATE 'EM. SAY UHH, I'LL JUST STAND HERE NEXT TO YOU AND WE CAN TRAP HIM TOGETHER HAH HAH HEH"

I just had that work for my on tactical gamers. I was in gravity with three marines. We each had shotguns. A fade was moving by the door now and again trying to, I don't know, intimidate us. The third time he tried this, which was in seconds, we rushed him and nearly killed him. The commander places an armory, two guys go build and I hid in the little corner next to the stairs for the fade to come by. The one of the marines comes stands next to me. I tell him to move, but it is too late. The fade was going after him. We each got a shot in, the fade fleed up the stairs. I ran up one more shot, dead fade.
  • freebirdpatfreebirdpat Join Date: 2004-04-10 Member: 27826Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    When nobody on your team has an icon. Not one. The other team? They have 30 icons over 8 players.
  • AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    When nobody on your team has an icon. Not one. The other team? They have 30 icons over 8 players.

I know a lot of good players without icons. I play without any icons most of the time although i got some...
    Also it doesn't show your teammate is bad, it just shows that players on the other team spent money and/or time by playtesting, maptesting or squat5ing.