NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• aYosaYos Join Date: 2013-01-14 Member: 179469Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is there any way to move HUD items around your screen? Instead of health being on the left is it possible to center it, a long with ammo/energy? Or must it pass a server consistency check?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    SUPER_SARS wrote: »
    How hard would it be to insert this into the shine admin mod? That way most of the public servers out there, that run shine already, can have this already implemented.

I don't see any need to do so, also shine hooking is not really made to hook into gui classes. (you can do so but it's pretty painfull)

@aYos:
    That would be possible but would require some work and also yeah you would need to change stuff in lua files which doesn't pass the consistency check if the server doesn't support the mod somehow.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited January 2014
    As of the next build, I am only "overwriting" the main menu lua file, the rest is done through hooks and other dirty ways.

At the moment the KAD/KDA switch works, but the letters above don't switch places (it still says K A D), that's the only downside. I'll see if I can fix this, eventually.

Edit: Just fixed the KAD/KDA thing, thanks to bawNg :)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    They gonna be scrapped from tournaments then? Also, awesome.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I'm not sure what will happen with the NSL maps, next build I'll update them anyways as I don't expect an immediate transition.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Force em to go cold turkey man.
  • philoglphilogl Join Date: 2012-10-24 Member: 163529Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp doing werk.
  • IwaboIwabo Spain Join Date: 2014-01-16 Member: 193189Members
    edited February 2014
    Just updated. Fixed a bug that made the waypoints remain on screen after completion if you had them like in vanilla NS2. Let me know if you notice something odd.

Edit: I updated again, I noticed that I could move the prop remover (holograms) to this build too. So the particles setting also removes all the holograms and stuff.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Just updated. Fixed a bug that made the waypoints remain on screen after completion if you had them like in vanilla NS2. Let me know if you notice something odd.

Edit: I updated again, I noticed that I could move the prop remover (holograms) to this build too. So the particles setting also removes all the holograms and stuff.
    hey good job mendasp
    l2p
    I just published a change, there was a problem where the ambient sounds option wouldn't work through the menu, that's fixed now.
    edited February 2014
    Another publish. I "backported" the menu, which I had to do differently from what I'm doing in build 263. If something explodes let me know. So right now CustomHUD overwrites zero files.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Hello, fellow residents of the Competitive forum, I have published yet another update with something special.

Client-side stat tracking.

Since it's client-side it's obviously not 100% accurate but I thought it'd be useful.

Every time you die you'll see a summary of the amount of player and structure damage you've done in this "life" (ie. from when you spawned to when you died) and your current overall accuracy. The problem here is that I can only track accuracy for hitscan weapons (rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc), so gorge spit or grenades do not count towards this accuracy, for example, as that's tracked server-side.

When the round finishes, or you go back to the RR, you get the stats for the whole round and you get a nice rundown of accuracy per-weapon with and without Onos hits.

As always, let me know if you encounter problems. Cheers.
    Wow, amazing update man.

You must've had a pretty good assistant to make something like this happen, quality release.
    edited February 2014
    I'm still working on improved stats, but with the release of the 263 beta I've made the mod compatible with 262 and 263 at the same time. So you can run it in both versions.

In 263 you'll get a new option menu to switch the lowlights option from the official one to the NSL lights, which combined with other options, fully recreates the NSL maps.
    I'm still working on improved stats, but with the release of the 263 beta I've made the mod compatible with 262 and 263 at the same time. So you can run it in both versions.

In 263 you'll get a new option menu to switch the lowlights option from the official one to the NSL lights, which combined with other options, fully recreates the NSL maps.
    Just let me know if you need an assistant again, our previous work was such a big hit so you should consider.
    xoxo
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    Why is this awesome mod hidden away in the comp forum? A lot of people like to customize their hud that aren't involved in the competitive scene.

Also, is there any chance we can get options to remove the build number in the top left corner? And maybe an option to hide the marine armor and weapon upgrade icons?

Really love this mod and wish it was whitelisted on more servers. It seems to work on the UWE servers which is nice.
    It's hidden here for two reasons, the first is that it started as a response to a request of a "light HUD" for competitive, and the other is because if I make a post about the mod in the general forums it's probably going to be moved to the mod forum.

I can remove the build number as part of Minimal GUI and add an option for the weapon/armor level, maybe even make it cycle between nothing, text, icons. But I'll do this when I'm done with improved stat tracking (server-side hits, ie. more accurate stats) that I'm working on. This could be done by maybe this weekend, or early next week.

And finally it works on servers that allow mods that use the entry system instead of just overwriting files.

I post all the updates I publish in here and then pester people about them while playing. Which brings me to the next question:

There's been a request to add a parasite indicator for marines, which should be doable with something as simple as changing the color of the name in the nameplate, or even adding that parasite icon you get in your HUD next to your name, etc, and I'd like to know everyone's opinion about it. This would be only for friendlies, of course, since aliens can already see what's parasited :P
  • king_yoking_yo Join Date: 2009-04-15 Member: 67192Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    yep that would be great, one less thing to ask in the middle of a game.
    Also, is it possible to have an ammo counter? I hate to have my ammo on the gun, I can't see it when im reloading, running and stuff.
    You mean having an ammo/reserve counter bottom right? Absolutely
  • king_yoking_yo Join Date: 2009-04-15 Member: 67192Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    yes exactly that, ala nearly every fps known to world.
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    need parasite indicator for marins and commanders (myb yellow or green player name)
    edited February 2014
    So, good and bad news:

The new stat tracking system is finished (not online yet), but since it requires a server component, you won't be able to use CHUD unless the server has it installed. With this change it can't be used at all unless both server and client are running it, as the number of network messages differs (it will give you "Invalid Data" when trying to join a server).

I'm thinking what to do at this point as not every server is running the mod, and properly configured servers shouldn't be allowing it to run (if you can use the mod in a server and the server is not running the mod you could potentially do all sorts of nasty stuff).

I guess I'll just release it as-is and think about a solution for that really special case of not-well-protected servers later.

I'll release the update when I add the features I promised, which shouldn't take me long.

Edit: Nevermind, I found a workaround... CHUD will work like always no matter if the server is running it or not (if the server allows it).
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    Here are some ideas if you ever plan to declutter the commander huds.

Commanders are people too! - http://i.imgur.com/0DxPv6U.jpg
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    @Mendasp A few of the AusNS2 clanners have done some testing and we've discovered that for some reason CHUD seems to be stopping ARCs from doing any damage to alien structures.

In servers without CHUD, ARCs target structures, fire and do damage as per normal
    In servers with CHUD, ARCs target structures, fire, but don't do any damage to any alien structures

Don't know whether build 263 has anything to do with it.
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    @Mendasp A few of the AusNS2 clanners have done some testing and we've discovered that for some reason CHUD seems to be stopping ARCs from doing any damage to alien structures.

In servers without CHUD, ARCs target structures, fire and do damage as per normal
    In servers with CHUD, ARCs target structures, fire, but don't do any damage to any alien structures

Don't know whether build 263 has anything to do with it.

i can confirm the arc bug
  • bonagebonage Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162230Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    in addition to above, the arcs take no damage on infestation with chud on, and do not have the movement debuff applied either.