*NEW* High Skill Only Competitive UK Public Server

KiloKilo Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187529Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited February 2014 in Server Discussion
Vexta High Skill Only Competitive UK Server
16 Man
78.129.232.62:27021

After having to play on 18-24man servers on top of canceled pcw's we decided to created this in an attempt to help players get a competitive friendly-fire gameplay experience whilst remaining in the pick up and play public environment.

No Rookies or Low Skill Players, there are plenty of servers for rookie-low skill players to play on (looking for lots of admins to help enforce this *see below*). Our server will not let players join a team who have less than any of the following: A 1600 ELO, 0.4 K:D ratio, 100 hours play time, 10 hours on NS2Stats servers!

Deathmatch mode is enabled until both teams have a commander to help keep the server alive after rounds and to give players something to practice pre-game.

Only Shine Admin & NSL MODS are used:

NSL maps (Replacing all standard versions)
NSL Jambi
Custom HUD (Customize your HUD from the 'General' Tab in Options)
Cross-spawns for non NSL Maps
Shine Administration
Pre-Game Plus (shine)
NS2Stats (shine) (Press M > NS2Stats for Match Reports & Personal Stats)

* As said above looking for people to keep the server high skill and give access to:

"sh_kick", "sh_say", "sh_rr", "sh_setteam", "sh_enablerandom", "sh_reset"

Steam message you're NS2ID's to us for admin consideration!
Commands are all logged, troll around and admin rights will be removed!
If you think you should qualify the skill level to play on the server but it wont let you join a team, please contact me via steam!

Comments

• zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    Low skill players will never improve if they only fight other low skill players. Just saying.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Nice Idea, but do you fail if you don't meet all the criteria, or if you only fail on one?

I have 1500hours, I want to get better and play gather/pick-up type games. I just don't reach the skill requirements. The ENSL gather system never seems to fill up when I want a game..
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Nice Idea, but do you fail if you don't meet all the criteria, or if you only fail on one?

I have 1500hours, I want to get better and play gather/pick-up type games. I just don't reach the skill requirements. The ENSL gather system never seems to fill up when I want a game..

Yes you fail if you don't meet all the criteria. But you can ask the admin (kilo) to set you on the whitelist ;)
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Is it allowed to advertise in this forum now?

@Soul_Rider
    the idea isn't exactly new, such servers have never seen much traffic. I have such a "PRO" server setup for several months now and it doesn't really see any traffic

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I play on your servers every now and again, and have some really good games, but as you say, there is not always a lot of gamers on there.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    *PHASED* to Server Discussion.
  • KiloKilo Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187529Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    @zeep I'm not suggesting all servers should follow suit and split rookies and pros. There are plenty of pro servers rookies can play on.

@Soul_Rider As Ghoul said you need to meet all criteria, I find it strange you don't meet it though It's not very high tbh. Maybe you tried to connect on the first day where I had set it up wrong and it was not letting people with private accounts connect because it was returning there hours played as zero, this has been fixed now. Either way send me your NS2ID and I'll sort you out. I've pm'ed you...

Thanks Talesin wasnt sure where this belonged :/