How often do you see this in pub games?

GetFarqdGetFarqd Your mum's wet orifice Join Date: 2014-02-01 Member: 193706Members
edited February 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
* Game duration: 20 min approx
* John Doe's kdr: 1/17
* John Doe's personal res: 40
* /John Doe buys exo
* /John Doe walks into alien hive by himself and dies in 30 seconds
* John Doe's kdr: 2/18
* /John Doe leaves server
* /John Doe visits the UWE forum
* /John Doe marks this thread with spam/abuse/disagree

Comments

• Vitri0lVitri0l Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58106Members
    I try to aim for around 3/18.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    I would say instead of walking into the hive and dying you see a pub exo wanding around aimlessly and dying to a solo skulk.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited February 2014
    i dislike experienced people saving for exo when we are obviously losing because them spending their res on something may have prevented us being in such a bad state. But generally newbs just enjoy themselves and do what they like since they contribute little either way.

but in pub games never research exos before ar 2 and never research exos before jetpacks unless you want 90% of your team as exos
  • IdlerayIdleray Join Date: 2012-10-04 Member: 161464Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    * goes on marine
    * goes commander
    * never gets exo
    * taunts res hoarders: You're not seeing those exos
  • GetFarqdGetFarqd Your mum's wet orifice Join Date: 2014-02-01 Member: 193706Members
    Idleray wrote: »
    * goes on marine
    * goes commander
    * never gets exo

it's like you read my mind...
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    GetFarqd wrote: »
    Often

John Doe walks into alien hive by himself and dies in 30 seconds
    Often

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    This is quite possibly one of the worst threads I've ever seen on this forum.
    it's both redundant and in poor taste.

how's this, how often do you see threads made by players who don't know what they're talking about mocking other players for being marginally worse?

• orbitalshapeorbitalshape gameland Join Date: 2014-02-03 Member: 193754Members
    Vitri0l wrote: »
    I try to aim for around 3/18.

And how ofen u see

* John Doe's kdr: 1/17
    * John Doe's personal res: 60
    * /John Doe buys onos
    * /John Doe walks into marine base , and run back, cuz onos is faster
    * John Doe's kdr: 6/18
    * /John Doe walks into marine base again , and run back, cuz onos is faster
    * John Doe's kdr: 10/18
    GG
    * /John Doe leaves server
    * /John Doe visits the UWE forum
    * /John Doe marks this thread with spam/abuse/disagree , cuz it is pointless cuz exos are underpowered
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    How often do you see this in online forums?

* Thread topic: pointless
    * Thread length: 10 posts
    * /Moderator sinks thread
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited February 2014
    * goes on marine
    * goes commander
    * never gets exo

I just complain at the res-hoarders by passive-aggressively lamenting that they're the reason we're going to lose.

If a comm invests in something that field units can spend their pres on, then it needs to be utilized to get any kind of benefit out of it. Otherwise, the tres could be better spent on passive upgrades (i.e. weapon+armour) and you'll see a lot greater benefit/cost ratio out of it than you would out of investing in barely utilized purchasables. Res spent on early mines, or shotguns, or jetpacks, or even exos, is just wasted res if the field players don't buy them.

That said, this thread is dumb and completely unnecessary.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    d0ped0g wrote: »
    * goes on marine
    * goes commander
    * never gets exo

I just complain at the res-hoarders by passive-aggressively lamenting that they're the reason we're going to lose.

If a comm invests in something that field units can spend their pres on, then it needs to be utilized to get any kind of benefit out of it. Otherwise, the tres could be better spent on passive upgrades (i.e. weapon+armour) and you'll see a lot greater benefit/cost ratio out of it than you would out of investing in barely utilized purchasables. Res spent on early mines, or shotguns, or jetpacks, or even exos, is just wasted res if the field players don't buy them.

That said, this thread is dumb and completely unnecessary.

bonus points for just appropriating shotguns from green corpses. I'll save my sweet sweet pres for a new shotgun jetpacks welder combo. or gl if their upgrades are clamped up.
  • GetFarqdGetFarqd Your mum's wet orifice Join Date: 2014-02-01 Member: 193706Members

^ I told you guys the John Does would get butt hurt

• AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    You forgot to mention that res horders often pick up your shotgun, refuse to give it back, carry it into the hive and die...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

^ I told you guys the John Does would get butt hurt

As we are clearly in trolling territory now and the fun is over, can some mod please close the thread?

Thanks.
    Anzestral wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that res horders often pick up your shotgun, refuse to give it back, carry it into the hive and die...

actually, I have almost never seen that happen, most of the pub players are nice enough to give the SG back, especially when you have a much better KDR than they do.
    Mouse wrote: »
    How often do you see this in online forums?

* Thread topic: pointless
    * Thread length: 10 posts
    * /Moderator sinks thread

everything is pointless in your eyes.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
This discussion has been closed.