alien buy menu fade description text outdated...

ffbox222ffbox222 USA Join Date: 2014-01-13 Member: 193069Members
alien buy menu fade description text outdated...

g21b.png

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    There are a few tooltips outdated in the game, I'm not sure if anyone is going to bother going through them all now...
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'm surprised no one had caught that yet.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    There are a few tooltips outdated in the game, I'm not sure if anyone is going to bother going through them all now...

Could you list those that are wrong? they can be fixed then
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited January 2014
    I'm pretty embarrassed we never caught that one, actually. If you have any others, yes, please list them and we can probably SamusDroid will definitely get them fixed in time for 263.
  • ffbox222ffbox222 USA Join Date: 2014-01-13 Member: 193069Members
    Yeah there are other things that eat at my ocd in this game! Like floating hives and map bugs that have never got fixed or uwe might not even know about them to begin with. Poor sound placement and those stupid doors and draw distances not being honored in the level design. When I saw that the fade text was outdated that was the straw that broke me. I have uninstalled since uwe doesn't seem to care to polish the game.

The only game devs right now that seems to meet my expectations when it comes to attention to detail and polish is valve and cloud imperium games. Im not so sure im really interesting in anything uwe is doing now or in the future.
  • ffbox222ffbox222 USA Join Date: 2014-01-13 Member: 193069Members
    Narfwak wrote: »
    I'm pretty embarrassed we never caught that one, actually. If you have any others, yes, please list them and we can probably SamusDroid will definitely get them fixed in time for 263.

Why don't you just boot up the game and look for yourself? Like when trying to place a gorge tunnel it will be green as if telling you ok you can place it here. You click and it doesn't place. Or you kill a onos and still 5 seconds after he is dead the floor rumble sound is still playing. Or the fact that you can just walk into a onos that is sheilding and shot him in the face and do damage. Or stand right next to a whip and not get hit. The entire game is bugged man the way i see it. Why is there a horrendous humming sound in the menu. Why can i walk through macs? Why is my marine face in the ceiling when im in a vent. Why do the loading screens get cut off on lower res. Why does text overlay on the server browser? The entire game needs to be polished. Dont even get me started with the gameplay.

The game could be so much better then it is.

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2014
    Why is my marine face in the ceiling when im in a vent.
    This one is a serious issue, tbh. Sometimes you can hide under some thin surface (say, where onos can't reach) and aliens still can bite your head through ceiling.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter

Oh wow. I spotted this one the very next day it was changed, but didn't bother to report because I thought it would fall under the massive category of "not important enough". A few weeks back I noticed it still hasn't been fixed and thought that shits just really aren't given.

The fact that it has actually gone unnoticed instead of ignored makes me question what the hell is going on during the fine-tuning of any patch. When a gameplay feature gets altered, shouldn't it be a total no-brainer to also notice that its tooltip needs adjusting?

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Therius wrote: »

Oh wow. I spotted this one the very next day it was changed, but didn't bother to report because I thought it would fall under the massive category of "not important enough". A few weeks back I noticed it still hasn't been fixed and thought that shits just really aren't given.

The fact that it has actually gone unnoticed instead of ignored makes me question what the hell is going on during the fine-tuning of any patch. When a gameplay feature gets altered, shouldn't it be a total no-brainer to also notice that its tooltip needs adjusting?

Then it's your job to report it then. NOTHING is "not important enough" it literally took me 20 seconds to fix this. There are hundreds of tooltips, playtesters cannot catch everything.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    lol this hasn't been fixed because it was legitimately not known about?

Hmm, guess I'll go through all the tooltips and make a collection of factualyl incorrect and misleading text.
    Why don't you just boot up the game and look for yourself? Like when trying to place a gorge tunnel it will be green as if telling you ok you can place it here. You click and it doesn't place. Or you kill a onos and still 5 seconds after he is dead the floor rumble sound is still playing. Or the fact that you can just walk into a onos that is sheilding and shot him in the face and do damage. Or stand right next to a whip and not get hit. The entire game is bugged man the way i see it. Why is there a horrendous humming sound in the menu. Why can i walk through macs? Why is my marine face in the ceiling when im in a vent. Why do the loading screens get cut off on lower res. Why does text overlay on the server browser? The entire game needs to be polished. Dont even get me started with the gameplay.

The game could be so much better then it is.

To be fair, the game is in such constant need of adjustment that polish just gets knocked under the rug time and time again. Not that I disagree with you.

Whips and AI pathing is beyond help I think. Alpha macs, arcs, drifters, alien structures are probably always going to phase through each other, get stuck on things, stack on top of each other, generally do really strange shit.

Structures being green before you place them but not actually being allowed to place them from both commander and gorge view was brought up in the bug thread. Dunno what's happening there.

You can fix the annoying humming noise by subscribing to a mod that changes the main menu music. At least the NS1 theme I use doesn't have it and + music being muted the main menu is silent.

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    The gorge tunnel issue was fixed like 4 builds ago and only very rarely happens now.

The "hum" is the menu open sound and a DSP effect.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    edited January 2014
    xen32 wrote: »
    Why is my marine face in the ceiling when im in a vent.
    This one is a serious issue, tbh. Sometimes you can hide under some thin surface (say, where onos can't reach) and aliens still can bite your head through ceiling.

Or marines can shoot your lifeform.

• TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    SamusDroid wrote: »

Then it's your job to report it then. NOTHING is "not important enough" it literally took me 20 seconds to fix this. There are hundreds of tooltips, playtesters cannot catch everything.

My point is, the moment an ability gets changed, shouldn't updating their tooltips be a checkbox somewhere near "press save" and "remember to breathe" instead of something that has to be retrospectively spotted? This happening once I could understand, but drifters still claimed to be invisible scouts a few months back and rupture still says it can only be used on cysts.

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    and rupture still says it can only be used on cysts.

Eh what does rupture do then?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It causes immersion.
    CCTEE wrote: »
    and rupture still says it can only be used on cysts.

Eh what does rupture do then?

It can be used anywhere on infestation. I checked the tooltip and it seems to have been updated now, but it was outdated for quite a while.

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Well, we had tons of such small mistakes just a few build ago, like incorrect tooltip, or outdated minimap on loading sceen.
    They seemed to fix most of those by 262.