character creation discovery

jstoiajstoia Join Date: 2009-12-15 Member: 69667Members
player A makes a creature.
......inputs preferred habitat..look..type of food supply.. depth...aggression... goals...

player B sees player A's creature in his game.

Player A receives some sort of recognition when player B discovers his creature

player B updates "creature journal" to include new creature

Player A has a "creatures found journal" that lets him know when players found and liked his creations.

"Global Habitat Board" for game updates what players have found and how rare the creature is.

Comments

• CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2014
    Adding creature creator would be kind of cool

I'll fix that for you - @AurOn2
    You don't need
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    jstoia wrote: »
    ......inputs preferred habitat..look..type of food supply.. depth...aggression... goals...

Player A has a "creatures found journal" that lets him know when players found and liked his creations.

"Global Habitat Board" for game updates what players have found and how rare the creature is.

Woah, this suggestion is chock full of assumptions.
    However, if this does ever make it into the game, I hope you enjoy your big book of penis fish.
  • jstoiajstoia Join Date: 2009-12-15 Member: 69667Members
    lol. i am sure they could figure out some sort of filter. and i think it would be great to have your stuff in other peoples game
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'm just thinking "Spore"
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    jstoia wrote: »

Woah, this suggestion is chock full of assumptions.
    However, if this does ever make it into the game, I hope you enjoy your big book of penis fish.

Simple flag or favorite system for the lifeforms would solve the issue of the infamous penisfish. flag the innapropriate ones, and with enough flags, they are not used in anyone's game but their creators
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited January 2014
    Simple way to solve the rampant penis fish problem:
    Community content Yes / No
    A tickbox like this would mean you can choose if you want community content. also, make it a dropdown box so we can select content from specific people or highest rated if we do set it to no!
    like so
    Community content Yes / No
    Friends Yes / No
    Top rated Yes / No

note red was just put in so i can highlight what I Would pick.