Mine radius overlay

ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
edited January 2014 in Ideas and Suggestions
Can we get a mine blast radius overlay when the mine slot is equipped? A lot of people waste mines by grouping them so close and 1 death can set them off like chain reaction. Something similar to the overlay that is displayed when you go to drop an observatory and it shows the circle radius it reaches with the circle overlay. Really bad photoshop;

Txlbx1u.jpg

Comments

• firepowerfirepower Join Date: 2011-02-01 Member: 79839Members
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    This would be sweet and very helpful, but perhaps if implemented, make it something that can be toggled on and off. I know well enough by now where to put them, I could do with less visual clutter.
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bigger explosions are better! Not sure it's that needed, Hydras don't have radius circles. They only apply to commanders and im fine with that.
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hydras don't have radius circles.

I imagine the radius circle for a hydras FOV would be too big for a gorge player to even see. It would engulf the entire room and serve no purpose. Not a fair or reasonable comparison. Mine circles that show the effective area is reasonable and would help eliminate bad mine placement. But I agree with @2cough about the toggle to avoid more unnecessary screen clutter.