Build your own lifeform

Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
Will there be an accessible dev kit for building sea creatures, animating them, and describing their interactions (with each other, other sea creatures, and the player/sub)? If so, I'd love to see UWE promote a competition to build our own lifeforms, of which the winner(s) would be officially added to the game.

In addition, I'd like the player to be able to easily add any of these creatures to their own local copy of the game in a free-play mode.

Comments

• SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Mod support not a priority for the initial release, we wanna focus on building an awesome game, but eventually we would like to add it.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Awww, mod support gonna come later in development? Then you need to put a lot of creativity into gameplay to compensate or people wont play it for too long.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    A creature creator like in Spore would work wonders for diversity, especially if the creatures were shared communally!
  • princessprincess Yaaar! Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Benson wrote: »
    A creature creator like in Spore would work wonders for diversity, especially if the creatures were shared communally!

I concur. Character creators are awesome, in any game. Putting your own design and personality into a game makes it more fun (for me anyway!).