ns2_sws_refinery

FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
edited January 2014 in Mapping
Mod ID: cb11261
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=212931169

This is the official Refinery map, stripped-down to Lava Falls (and some adjacent bits) for the Skulks With Shotguns mod. This map is best suited to smaller player counts.

I added some new pipes and crates hanging from chains so you can leap up more easily, and I replaced the death triggers in the lava with teleportation triggers.

Screenshots:

LgjlH2Z.jpg

OimDd92.jpg

G6rHvhx.jpg

Feedback is as usual very welcome.

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Can't wait to play it at the weekend.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    Is broken. Game won't start, it just spawns you in the middle. In regards to SWS, Ikea is also broken, it sometimes spawns you on the tech points if you manually reset the game, which happens a lot since egg spawning is broken sometimes. :-/
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    That issue has been fixed since then, the map now works. :P
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    A couple of tweaks today!

CHANGELOG (January 26th 2014)
    o Moved all spawns from the ground to higher platforms
    o Removed the vents
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Is it just me or are the teleporter output locations random? I mean I go in the drink in the same place twice and end up in different destinations.
    Yup, teleports are completely random.
    A new update!

CHANGELOG (february 16th 2014)
    o Fixed missing pipe prop at the south end
    o New ready room

The new readyroom exists of rooms from the original map (Extraction, Falls Approach, Transit), in order to indicate from the very start that while this is obviously Refinery, it's not the regular NS2 game mode.