What Do YOU Think Of New Menu Music?

13»

Comments

• GommeGomme Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149208Members
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Maybe I should of made a poll....
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Kamamura wrote: »

This. This is MUSIC!

Get them drugdealers off my lawn, son! That ain't no music! THIS is music:

I don't mind the new menu music too much, but then I've never played NS1. I just don't understand why UWE have to change the track with every second big patch. Personaly I prefer one recognisable theme that will always get me in the mood of the game within the 10 seconds from starting the game up to having picked the right server and jumping in the game.

On a side note:
    I always found it sad that UWE didn't utilise some of the awesome soundtrack more. Most people never listened to "Origin of the Kharaa", "Rust & Steam" or "The Future". All of which are incredible tracks that really make the NS lore come alive before the inner eye.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2014
    Yeah the new menu music sucks, sorry lol. I didn't even notice there WAS a menu music before this thread. No, I didn't have it turned off - it was just SO unremarkable, lol.

Some of the previous menu-musics have been really kick-ass tunes. Weird, funky and so forth. Gimme some o dat!

I'm still annoyed tho I can't find that one menu music that was REALLY awesome. It was the menu music we had when there was an orange-lit metallic corridor (and some computer consoles at the far end) as menu picture. Edit: Found the menu picture, remembered it disturbingly well:
    hiB2M.jpg

The track from the video you posted is called "Frontiersman".
    The one you are looking for might be the second half of "Evolution" (theme starts at 1:05):
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Lol Kwisat, I think you're right. :P Awesome job finding it! I listened to that video, but the start threw me off. But it's definitely a modified version of what starts at 1:05. (1:12 to be exact.) Or maybe it just loops. Anyhow, that's prolly my favorite opener. :P
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    But it's definitely a modified version of what starts at 1:05. (1:12 to be exact.) Or maybe it just loops. Anyhow, that's prolly my favorite opener. :P

It reminds me too much of the old ITN News at 10 intro: