Whips

13»

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2014
    elodea wrote: »
    The best ones are when the whips get echoed onto cloaked infestation that has bug spread through the wall.
    ...I'm ashamed to say I've used that to my advantage on veil to save nano from arcs...
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Is it still a bug if it has existed since the beginning of time ? Playing as intended.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Scatter wrote: »
    Is it still a bug if it has existed since the beginning of time ? Playing as intended.

I hear complaints all the time about people abusing it. But it showed up in build 250 and its now build 262. I'm guessing in those 12 builds they don't care to fix it or don't think its a bug. I don't care anymore myself.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Jekt, everyone knows mines behind un-lag-compensated doors are unavoidable. I award your arguement 0 points. Mines are like the counter to whips because they kill the cysts when they explode them, and without cysts you can't put whips there can you? can you?

I hope whips never get removed. They r gr8.

Amazing times watching late night ns2 streams and schadenfreuding at the internal rage that goes on when people get whipped, bonewalled, ruptured, and drifter blocked while also being gang banged from corner interping or that random eclipse crate.

The best ones are when the whips get echoed onto cloaked infestation that has bug spread through the wall.

I want to see all that get done at once, and throw in an ink to make it trippy. imagine all that surrounding a phase gate, you'd warp into vision hell. can you bone wall the gate?
    SUPER_SARS wrote: »
    Scatter wrote: »

I hear complaints all the time about people abusing it. But it showed up in build 250 and its now build 262. I'm guessing in those 12 builds they don't care to fix it or don't think its a bug. I don't care anymore myself.

most annoying infestation is the ballcourt to locker wall. power node refuses to not lose it's armor.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    amoral wrote: »
    Jekt, everyone knows mines behind un-lag-compensated doors are unavoidable. I award your arguement 0 points. Mines are like the counter to whips because they kill the cysts when they explode them, and without cysts you can't put whips there can you? can you?

I hope whips never get removed. They r gr8.

Amazing times watching late night ns2 streams and schadenfreuding at the internal rage that goes on when people get whipped, bonewalled, ruptured, and drifter blocked while also being gang banged from corner interping or that random eclipse crate.

I want to see all that get done at once, and throw in an ink to make it trippy. imagine all that surrounding a phase gate, you'd warp into vision hell. can you bone wall the gate?
    Yea, it is most fun to bonewall the phasegate so the marines get stuck and end up teleporting back lawl.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2014
    @SUPER_SARS The problem with infestation growing through walls has been around since infestation was implemented in NS2. There are old map builds I have from 174 and before which have that same issue. It is something that never got properly fixed.

We were told in the early days to make more space between rooms.....
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I don't think it CAN be fixed tbh. Not very easily anyway.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2014
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    A simple (but imperfect) solution may be for maps to carry a bit more info, ie walls that infestation cannot cross. When checking for infestation, an interval line can be drawn between the closest cyst/hive to the point, and declared infested if the line does not pass through such walls.

Graphically, however, infestation will continue to seep through walls. That will need more work.
  • MrPinkMrPink Join Date: 2002-05-28 Member: 678Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    A simple (but imperfect) solution may be for maps to carry a bit more info, ie walls that infestation cannot cross. When checking for infestation, an interval line can be drawn between the closest cyst/hive to the point, and declared infested if the line does not pass through such walls.

Graphically, however, infestation will continue to seep through walls. That will need more work.

Great, we can take the lag caused by cysts and double it then
    You know what we could do though guys. We could...remove cysts :>
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Aussies pls.

Do you guys really think the sarcasm and feeding off each other with these posts really accomplishes anything?

Yes, whips are retarded.. but really.. dead horse.
    edited January 2014
    I'm sensing some extreme bigot vibes coming from this thread all of a sudden. Stop insulting our way of life man.

EDIT: Also this entire forum is one big dead horse. Have you seen the types of threads posted these days?
  • JavertJavert Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15954Members
    Know pain wrote: »
    Anyone remember when whips would knock back a gl round or 2?
    Or 4...

• nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    This game is far to invested in killing 4-5 things b4 you can even start killing a RT in a competitive match. whip,crag,cyst,gorge tunnel. I personally feel that the crag is healing alien structures way to much. I haven't looked at the exact healing numbers on HP/Armour if someone will care to elaborate.
    It doesn't heal much, that is, if you're actively trying to kill something next to it it won't really hinder you. But if you get wiped and have to come all the way back it will have slowly put it back to almost full or completely full.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    Locklear wrote: »
    Aussies pls.

Do you guys really think the sarcasm and feeding off each other with these posts really accomplishes anything?

Yes, whips are retarded.. but really.. dead horse.
    Jaded American plzz

Last i checked, it was still alive and kicking. Constructive feedback over the course of months hasn't accomplished much (nor will it for the next half year), so at least let us have our fun trying to kill this seemingly invincible horse.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Wait, there was constructive feedback?

:D
    Let's just call it feedback.
    Armoury's don't slap you in the face when they open though, and they no longer heal armour. So they're not nearly as annoying. If the marines ARE armoury walling then they're locking themselves in as much as they're locking you out, so you can take the entire map and then it's just a waiting game.

That said if there was a way to remove armoury walls I'd be all for it. Maybe limit to 2-3 armouries a room?
    anyone remember the uber strat of veil walling?
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    amoral wrote: »
    anyone remember the uber strat of veil walling?

Oh the good ole days.
    4920_screenshots_2013-01-18_00001_zpsefb8b095.jpg
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    Constructive feedback over the course of months hasn't accomplished much (nor will it for the next half year), so at least let us have our fun trying to kill this seemingly invincible horse.
    So that's why whips were nerfed 3 different ways only a couple patches ago? plz...
    I know its disgruntled vet etiquette to not praise fixes or whats been properly addressed, and to only focus on what needs to improve... but spreading obvious misinformation like that is going too far. It's pretty much a lie if you consider changes since BT, (that's 10 months) and is damaging to the community in so far as affecting others' decision to provide feedback.

I dislike that users such as twiliteblue are being met with negative derailing sarcasm when attempting to contribute constructive feedback to an issue you supposedly care about. (not specifically referring you you, elodea)
    There's too many of you shooting yourself in the foot here and then setting yourselves up for "they never listen" ammunition when no one responds to.. whatever the hell is now going on in this thread.

So I'm killing your horse - thread closed.

edit: And AFAIK, all balance changes have been held back until WC is concluded.
This discussion has been closed.