UWE Official all running eclipse 24/7.

NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Eclipse is a nice map and all but can we please go back to the normal map rotation on the UWE servers?
As it stands, even servers with "All rotation" only run Eclipse.

Comments

• TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    I'm having the other problem of all servers over 16 people in Australia/New Zealand don't have Eclipse in the map rotation.

I haven't been able to play this map properly. 16 isn't a decent figure. *Licks a tear drop suspended on my cheek*
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    Turbine wrote: »
    I'm having the other problem of all servers over 16 people in Australia/New Zealand don't have Eclipse in the map rotation.

I haven't been able to play this map properly. 16 isn't a decent figure. *Licks a tear drop suspended on my cheek*

Contact admins to add it to their mapcycle, it doesn't get updated with a ns2 patch and must be done manually.

Can't comment on official servers, maybe @Ironhorse can do so.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    NedStar wrote: »
    Eclipse is a nice map and all but can we please go back to the normal map rotation on the UWE servers?
    As it stands, even servers with "All rotation" only run Eclipse.
    And in the meantime, if the textures cheats wouldn't be allowed on *official* servers, that would be great...

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yea i noticed there are a couple that are eclipse only.
    Its typically only for a week a map is released so that those who notice the updates don't have to wait for a server to rotate to it hours later*, but can jump right in.. and its usually only a couple of servers at most per region.. like here in the US i only see two. (i honestly didnt look that hard tho)

*That's why those servers are sometimes getting populated over community ones as well.

It should go back to normal rotation soon enough
  • NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just checked in-game, every single Official is running eclipse 24/7. A lot of populated servers when I play tend to be French, German or Russian. There's a few English speaking community ones but they are either full 99% of the time or they have subpar performance.
    I'm also staying wide away from anything above 18 players so my choices can be a bit limiting at times. So I usually end up flocking to the UWE official ones to get my fix.

I can see the charm in running 24/7 map servers upon release but changing all the Official servers to a 24/7 map rotation without reflecting it in the server name isn't the way to go about it. I can't remember it happening to such extend with Biodome.
    I'm usually a fan of community servers but in the case of NS2 I prefer the Official by quite a bit for a few simple reasons:

Community servers tend to run mods, all fine and dandy but steam sometimes shits itself resulting in me or a friend having issues dling the workshop mod. Far from common but it does happen a few times a month.
    Reserved slots. Getting kicked out of the blue is never fun.
    Too strict AFK kicking. Plenty of times I went to go to the loo, grab myself a drink only to be kicked from the server I just played a few rounds on. 2-3 min readyroom AFK kicking is way too strict. Extremely annoying as it results in another 10-20 min queue before you can get back in.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    This is pretty frustrating actually, especially for Aus players as we only have two non-official servers that are performing well. The UWE servers are good but they are inexplicably Eclipse only - still!