What Do YOU Think Of New Menu Music?

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    tummy likes it

I love that @coolitic disagreed with this. "I like this", "NO YOU DON'T".
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    The original NS2 main menu theme is awesome. Every bit as iconic and soon-to-be-nostalgic for NS2 as the old main menu theme was for NS1. I'd love for them to be kept separate.
  • SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    Kamamura wrote: »
    It needs more brass instruments, like trumpets.

SCNR

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited December 2013
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    tummy likes it

I love that @coolitic disagreed with this. "I like this", "NO YOU DON'T".

Hmm and it seems you and 2 others flagged one of my posts on this topic when nothing was wrong with it. Your constant abuse of the flag button and trolling towards my posts are unacceptable. @IronHorse I believe a certain someone/people were already warned by @GISP to not constantly troll my posts and have also been warned to not abuse the flag button.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    "Nothing wrong with it" is really very subjective. His feelings are not.

EDIT: Also stop calling mummy.
    So saying "I wonder if UWE is going to do anything about this?" is considered spam?
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Menu music needs more cowbell.
    coolitic wrote: »
    So saying "I wonder if UWE is going to do anything about this?" is considered spam?

It is in the context you used it in.
    Im sorry but I need some admins here to clear this up such as @GISP and @IronHorse because you wont stop trolling all my posts.
    edited December 2013
    @GISP and @IronHorse I believe a certain someone needs to be warned about not constantly disagreeing with my posts.

EDIT: Also that post you are talking about, a MODERATOR flagged it as spam. That should tell you what their opinion is.
    edited December 2013
    Erm, by disagreeing I said that the context it was used in is NOT spam, so it isn't "constantly" disagreeing with your posts.

About that moderator, then I say he judged my post wrong.

Also, please do explain how that is considered "spam".
    The mod call for your disagree flag was a joke, I can how you didn't understand that though.

You ask for a mod to clear up whether your post was spam or not then discount it when one has already? Granted not one of the ones you wanted, but that's irrelevant. Good to see that you're never wrong, you didn't get the answer you wanted so the mod was incorrect.

If you can't figure out what is spammy about your post you have issues. Or at the very least, why some people could see it as spam.
    edited December 2013
    So you are saying I have "issues"...

I simply disagreed with that one moderator and called ironhorse and gisp because I trust them more and would like to know their opinion.

Also, you did not explain to me exactly how that post was spam, because I would like to know why you think it should be considered "spam" as I cannot understand why that is spam.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Align, another moderator, has already warned the users who flagged. Check their profiles to see.

I find your post disagreeable and unnecessary in tone, but i don't know that I'd consider it spam per se. (you didn't even mention 249 fade this time)
    I think people are responding to you and your reputation of spamming when considering the presumptuous negativity you presented in your post, and not necessarily your content.

Good god those flags should not be shown publicly..
    edited December 2013
    Disagreeable is one thing I'm fine with, but, I never realized it had a negative tone to others and I most certainly did not mean to say it with a negative tone, so sorry for any confusion caused by that. (still, flags were unnecessary)
    edited December 2013
    Trying to get back on topic (chance of success at 40% 30%), I agree with some of you that the NS1 and NS2 menu musics should be kept separate, or at least needs a better job mixing them together.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    I dunno, I like the new music. Maybe there could be an option for which sound track to be played, or a mod with such an option? I should add that UWE pretty strongly dislikes adding additional options as it means more possible bugs and with lots of different permutations for all the total settings in the game there can be more hidey-holes and more testing work to find potential problems.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the thread yet, but there's also NS1 music in the Eclipse map itself. The readyroom alternates between the NS1 marine and alien themes, and at round start it uses the NS1 round start music instead of the NS2 round start music. This is only on Eclipse as well, and doesn't affect any other maps in the game. It's a pretty neat touch. :)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Seeing as I have no clue how to add it as music like it's done already, I don't know if I can make a mod to be able to switch tracks since that would require making them be music, and adding other tracks.
    @Narfwak, while UWE is right not to add too many options, I really cannot see how switching between tracks could cause anything beyond minor problems. Maybe they already are working on this?

@SamusDroid, I'm not the best scripter, but perhaps you can integrate a media player into the game? This would not only allow for switching tracks, but could be used for a variety of other applications.
    It is not worth the effort to integrate a media player into the game for the main menu.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Media player is not possible.
    Eh, I dont know that much about coding stuff anyways.

Hmmm, maybe we can replace the music file that plays the current ns2 music with one that contains both songs? Or just put the one you want?
    That would require changing the sound fev which I don't know how to do.
    I believe all music files are contained in the single .fdp. Seeing that they are all bunched together, I see why this wouldn't work. I guess we would have to wait for UWE to do something then.

How about playing the music as just a sound that loops? And muting the original bgm?
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why cant all the tracks just play randomly?
    edited December 2013
    Because UWE didnt code it that way. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take too much time for them to do it though, but I'm no coder.
  • semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    I didn't even realize... I guess I've had music disabled for a while.
    Changing anything other than playing and stopping a sound requires changing the fev and rebuilding.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited December 2013
    Yeah the new menu music sucks, sorry lol. I didn't even notice there WAS a menu music before this thread. No, I didn't have it turned off - it was just SO unremarkable, lol.

Some of the previous menu-musics have been really kick-ass tunes. Weird, funky and so forth. Gimme some o dat!

I'm still annoyed tho I can't find that one menu music that was REALLY awesome. It was the menu music we had when there was an orange-lit metallic corridor (and some computer consoles at the far end) as menu picture. Edit: Found the menu picture, remembered it disturbingly well:
    hiB2M.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Yeah the new menu music sucks, sorry lol. I didn't even notice there WAS a menu music before this thread. No, I didn't have it turned off - it was just SO unremarkable, lol.

Some of the previous menu-musics have been really kick-ass tunes. Weird, funky and so forth. Gimme some o dat!

I'm still annoyed tho I can't find that one menu music that was REALLY awesome. It was the menu music we had when there was an orange-lit metallic corridor (and some computer consoles at the far end) as menu picture. Edit: Found the menu picture, remembered it disturbingly well:
    hiB2M.jpg

I don't remember this ever being a menu theme. Like I said, I would if I knew how. I'm sure I could figure it out, but CBA atm.