Full IP strategy

JoesephKonyJoesephKony Africa Join Date: 2013-12-21 Member: 190469Members
Hi there!

I'm a veteran NS player that would like to share some thaughts on the Full IP strat.
I played the other day on a US server I belive, and people were doing very good and we won about 75-80% of the games with me as commander for the Marines due to my Full IP strat.
Basically it's: Make as many Ip's you can at start, skip extractors, then rush for hive.
When you get Flux Capacitor 2 upgrade you can have at least 8-12 IP's before needing Flux Cap. 3.

I also went 6 armory/Full IP some games wich is usefull. Start with 2 IP's, have your players rush their hive then go 3-6 armory outside their Hive or in your Base. If you do it in your base you will win because they will loose their spawn tickets eventually.

Hope someone else has further strategies to share regarding Full IP.

Thanks,
Kony

Comments

• ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    Early rush is definitely a viable strategy, but I find them boring in pubs. It's almost a guaranteed win practically every time for either side if the majority of people listen. They are also extremely frustrating for the opposing team. I think these types of strategies are best left for the competitive scene.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I like personal ips. no waiting times.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    I won the other day with a full upgrades strategy. Basically all you do is get upgrades early, plenty of extractors, send 3 man pushes constantly to kill the aliens' natural harvesters, complete all upgrades while pinning aliens into their starting hive then roll in and shoot it. It doesn't count as a win unless the hive goes down either to a welder or sentry though.
    Not going to even mention your best mine strat?
  • JoesephKonyJoesephKony Africa Join Date: 2013-12-21 Member: 190469Members
    What are you thoughts on Robo rush? Basically go 5-6 robo factories after you reach Flux Capacitor lever Four.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Roobubba wrote: »
    I won the other day with a full upgrades strategy. Basically all you do is get upgrades early, plenty of extractors, send 3 man pushes constantly to kill the aliens' natural harvesters, complete all upgrades while pinning aliens into their starting hive then roll in and shoot it. It doesn't count as a win unless the hive goes down either to a welder or sentry though.

Hell no. You get ejected for such stupidity in pubs. Upgrades? LMFAO.
  • firepowerfirepower Join Date: 2011-02-01 Member: 79839Members
    edited December 2013
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    edited December 2013
    Well it worked and it did not lol. It was really effective when the other team had a lot of afk players. Then when you tried it the next game we went right to xeno and well that was really fun, for the aliens. If I recall your base then got literally stomped by a heard of onos. lol

Well not exactly the best plan it was really exciting lol.

This is something that can be fun from time to time to switch things up but no one should be doing this all the time as it gets boring real fast and ruins the game.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also giving stomp to lerks. That's pretty fun, too.
    Zero, we kicked some serious butt. We won 75-80% of the games with me as Comm and X as luitenant. We went mostly full IP and as alien we did Drifter rush. The games you won you won because you had researched Flux capacitor before us.

Good games though.
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    This thread.... What?
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    different game pparently
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Guys... the Flux Capacitor is what makes time travel possible. Sheesh.

No, but seriously—I have no idea what the OP is talking about. Is he straight trollin'?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    DarkATi wrote: »
    Guys... the Flux Capacitor is what makes time travel possible. Sheesh.

No, but seriously—I have no idea what the OP is talking about. Is he straight trollin'?
    Basically, his strat is spamming as many infantry portals as he can on his starting res. Sending his marines right into the hive. They die they spawn instantly. Get phasegates up to decrease travel time. Then you just win by having higher numbers. Essentially a hive rush.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Also known as the 24p strat.
    edited December 2013
    Got banned from comm chair on this one american server, apparantly they thought my Full IP/Full Robo/Full Armory taccs were too overpowered in public games since the win rate was really high.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    so you send all your marines to hive 1, while the kham dropped the 2nd hive on the other side of the map. (Because ya know, using the same strategy nonstop is kinda easy to counter).
    They then ignore you shooting their hive while they rush your only CC. Bonus points if they setup a hidden gorge tunnel close by.

Only reason crazy tacts work for multiple times in a row is because atm there are so many greens, acres of grassland look like nothing compared to that.
  • SiG_SiG_ Singapore Join Date: 2013-12-17 Member: 190211Members
    You forgot to research the red flag tech to counter the onos rush. And the mobile IP upgrade so that the marines can carry their personal IPs with them instead of having to spawn in base all the time.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    This strategy is EXTREMELY easy to encounter (unless your team sucks). Simply rush marines base and you win.
    Got banned from comm chair on this one american server, apparantly they thought my Full IP/Full Robo/Full Armory taccs were so overpowered...
    SiG_ wrote: »
    You forgot to research the red flag tech to counter the onos rush. And the mobile IP upgrade so that the marines can carry their personal IPs with them instead of having to spawn in base all the time.

True, mobile IP I guess would make this a Tier III A or B tactic.

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Unfortunately, it only worked once...

Also if I recall you got banned from the chair after your team kept flipping out at you for spamming all your res in robos when you felt you lost the game.
    Robos are needed if going Full Robo All in. Basically you also need them to convert Res in to Flux energy. It's a legit tactic.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    you can counter such flux based strategies quite easy by getting a ton of scorpians out and catch the marine by surprise. also scorpians are going to be buffed next patch
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Sewlek wrote: »
    you can counter such flux based strategies quite easy by getting a ton of scorpians out and catch the marine by surprise. also scorpians are going to be buffed next patch

Are they finally going to hoovar without flapping?
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    Therius wrote: »
    Sewlek wrote: »

Are they finally going to hoovar without flapping?

yes, thats going to be a huge buff
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It was 'hovar without flaping' (I looked it up in the original thread not that long ago to check) but wtf dude, the scorpian doesn't need yet another buff!!!1!

Please tell me lemon trees will be getting nerfed this patch, the amount of citrus spam is getting unmanageable when you need to roost as lerk.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Robos are needed if going Full Robo All in
    You never go Full Robo.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    Is the hovar going to reach 88 MPH (with or without flapping)? Because if it doesn't, good luck countering the flux capacitor strategies with that, whether they are boosted by full IP or not.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Robos are needed if going Full Robo All in
    You never go Full Robo.

False. It's the only way to win if you comm on that rookie-only server. loool
    edited December 2013
    HeatSurge wrote: »
    Is the hovar going to reach 88 MPH (with or without flapping)? Because if it doesn't, good luck countering the flux capacitor strategies with that, whether they are boosted by full IP or not.

you can always compensate that by building more robo factories, but i get your point

edit: fail, i got it wrong :(