Connection problems? Here's some solutions

Comments

• LodgarLodgar Ru Join Date: 2013-10-23 Member: 188799Members
    Another games is okay. This is a not firewall issue i mean. I use comodo.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    @lodgar
    Can you post your network configuration please?
    I.e. router, modem or a combo, wired or wireless, if wireless what channel, other computers on the network, and VPNs and then the models of the hardware you are using?

Just looking at your log, it looks like you are getting flooded.
    See the first page in this thread for more info on flooding and how to resolve it.

(easiest method is lowering steam's server refresh rate.. unless you have a Thomson router/modem - then you are screwed.)
    I have vpn connection. And i dont have router or modem.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    @lodgar
    The VPN is probably the issue :)
    but about six months ago, everything was fine ... after kakoto updates and the problems started ..
    @lodgar
    Well this is why i asked you for all that other information.
    I cannot help further without it. :)
    How do I get interesting information about my connection?
    Okay. Thx for help.
  • b75498b75498 The Moon Join Date: 2013-12-13 Member: 190036Members
    Hi, I bought this game a few days ago and for some reason, I get 999 ping on every server. I tried net_stats in console and I sometimes have 22,000+ ping. However, when I'm in the ready room I have a constant 200-300 ping, but spikes when I join a team or die.

http://pastebin.com/uj9D1Z1y

http://pastebin.com/MAzzQgL5

I'm also using wireless. Also, when I play TF2, I rarely get lag and have around 50-60 ping.
  • NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    @Ironhorse
    http://pastebin.com/YCevqLmF <
    there is my net_log
    http://pastebin.com/akuHQrpf <
    there is my dxd

My problem is that whenever I open up my server browser a lot of servers are 999 ping with ? for there other statistics. No matter what server I choose to join I'm given a "Attempting Connection" loading screen before it disconnects me. It has me slightly befuddled since the game was running fine not 2 days ago. My computer is hooked directly to my router so its not wireless by any means.
    @nailo sounds like flooding.
    have you tried limiting the rate of server queries ?
    Steam > Settings > In Game > "In game server browser / Max pings per minute"
    Lower this number significantly and see if you still have this issue.

Also.. you're not u sing a thompson router, are you?
  • NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @Ironhorse

Thankfully I can say I'm not using a Thompson router. I've just tried what you said about limiting the server queries, I lowered it to the maximum lowest setting but the problem still persists.

Here is a screenshot of the issue. First time posting a pic to the forums so not sure how to spoiler tag it or whatever *shrugs*

For the most part its all still the same result. Trying to join a server pulls up the "Attempting Connection" screen followed by a disconnect saying I was unable to establish a connection with the server.
    Can you join off friends from the first try?
    edited December 2013
    @Ironhorse

I'm afraid not. When I try it pulls up the server stats and all I get are the ip and a message saying the server is not responding. Spamming the refresh button eventually brings me to the loading screen where I once again get a "Attempting Connection" before the eventual disconnect

Whether or not its join game or server info I choose when trying to join on a friend its still that same result
    First pic is where I've tried joining on a friend and after refreshing a few times it gave me what you see there but still said server is not responding. Thereafter I refreshed it until it tried connecting me to the server upon which I was given the time old message taken in the 2nd pic. The message I get regardless of what server I pick or how I go about joining said servers
    What do you think @Ironhorse ? Should I just do a clean re-install? Its the only other thing I can think of.
    No, I am more interested in finding the culprit at this point than risking a reinstall which may magically fix the problem but never show the reason. :p (not that I think it would help though)

Never seen this before..
    Ok, can you provide me with as much info as you can regarding your network setup ? Modem and router model numbers and software versions, your isp, how many other users are on your network, speed results of your connection (and line quality results to determine things like jitter) etc etc
    edited December 2013
    Sure but it will take me a bit Ironhorse so give me a bit lol
    If there is anything else you need Ironhorse please let me know so I can get it. After all I'm not sure what you need
    here ya go @Ironhorse , also please bear with me as I'm not all that tech savy lol
    Modem info
    Firmware Version:

CZP002-4.3.009.16

Model Number:

PK5001Z

Hardware Revision:

A0B

Serial Number:

S130Y03028836

Internet Service Provider Century Link
    # of users on Network 3
    Speed Results of my Connection: 11.768/0.895 Mbps.
    edited December 2013
    So no separate router?
    And did you do a line test?
    pingtest.net is helpful for me

p.s. your modem gets terrible reviews
    http://www.amazon.com/ZyXel-pk5001z-CenturyLink-ZyXEL-PK5001z/product-reviews/B008O91ZCQ
    no router, apparently my modem can work wonders like that *shrugs* I'm trying to use pingtest but I keep getting errored saying the server is down or my firewall is blocking it. I cut off my firewall so my firewall ain't the issue there
    Also @Ironhorse I did the line test on another website and I got the stats of 9.62 download, and .67 upload. Alongside ping 64ms. Never knew my modem was considered so bad. But for the most part I've been playing NS2 for a long time without this issue cropping up
    im looking for packet loss and whats called "jitter" more than download speeds.
    Most line test sites can provide this..
    It is very telling btw, that pingtest.net isnt working for you.. did you accept the java runtime?
    Indeed I did. Cuts off halfway though giving the message that either my firewall is blocking it or the server id down
    Ok so just a thought here:

Can you confirm that those servers which show up as 999 ping are actually join-able by having another friend join it sucessfully?
    I ask this because some of those servers in that pic you provided are servers which had not updated the latest build that was released today. (like mavicks)
    edited December 2013
    I can confirm it @Ironhorse . IBISgaming is one and also lets not forget that I actually started having this issue the day before yesterday only not as bad. So its not a patch related issue I'm afraid
    I have both ZeroIBIS and Joe<IBIS> friended and both have played on IBISgaming today
    Also cG.Gibs and cG.Tico both played on Gibs Gorge Hut
    edited December 2013
    can u get the server ip from your friends or any other method (in the console while trying to connect?)

Then exit ns2 and go to
    Start > type "command prompt" in the search bar > select command prompt > type "tracert thentheipaddresshere" > hit enter and then post the results here
    edited December 2013
    So far I'm getting this
    1 * * * Request Timed Out
    2 * * * Request Timed Out
    3 * * * Request Timed Out
    and it has kept repeating this up to 16 so far

@Ironhorse it went to 30 repeating like above timing out each and every time
This discussion has been closed.