Indiedb Indie of the Year Awards - It's that time once again

IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 2,679 Advanced user
edited December 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Forum moderators if you feel this thread should be moved elsewhere or deleted that's fine.

It's that time once again, the Indie of the Year awards are going on, where you can vote for the top indie titles to choose from and see who gets the honors of making it to the top!

With my completely biased link in this very general discussion of the game I hope you vote for, you too can make NS2 'Indie of the Year' a reality! Because It definitely isn't going to be Minecraft or some Slender type game again..

http://www.indiedb.com/events/2013-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100#vote9998 - http://www.indiedb.com/games/natural-selection-2

In all seriousness, it's up to you whoever you want to vote for, and if you feel like NS2 is worth your vote, that is fine too. Just wanted to help increase awareness for our game.

The link to the Indiedb voting area is right below. - Also our Wolfire friend's Overgrowth game is on the upcoming game's list again.
http://www.indiedb.com/events/2013-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100

Happy voting.

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff Posts: 2,130 mod
    Ns2 has a Category all to itself. How can they not get top 3? :D
    Send me a private message if you need me to kill someone "help" with anything.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin.

Youtube Channel for Sydney Music
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    I doubt NS2 will rank high, the current active playerbase is at an all time low (as it has been for some time) but NS2 will probably get in the top 100's.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

HobocopdraktokZek
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,589 Advanced user
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Ns2 has a Category all to itself. How can they not get top 3? :D

"Best Real Time Shooter" is pretty much a given.
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
  • Gunman121Gunman121 Join Date: 2012-02-04 Member: 143616Members, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 15
    Natural Selection 2 all the way.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 876 Advanced user
    Just voted. Gogogo.
    Author of a ePaper manual for NS2, now also a steam guide
    Co-wrote the Marine EXO Suit Protocol
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members Posts: 283 Advanced user
    edited December 2013
    Celebration of the Best of Video Game Modifications over the past 17 years featuring:

Video: Natural Selection (as 1 of 20 titles)

btw: dont know how to embed youtube video with a specific start time
    8fnCz79.png 8fnCz79.png
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 401 Fully active user
    @coolitic You should refrain from speaking from now on. You're always so pessimistic. Have a beer m8.
    draktok2cough
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 677 Fully active user
    NeXuS wrote: »
    @coolitic You should refrain from speaking from now on. You're always so pessimistic. Have a beer m8.

And wrong in this case. We've been at 2000+ since dec 4th (yesterday 2450 for example). Previous lows I saw were 700ish peak. :D
    IeptBarakatdraktok
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    @NeXuS I dont drink =P.
    @current1y, NS2 used to be higher.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,683 Advanced user
    Behind all of coolitics pessimism must be a lot of love for him to still be here.

From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 677 Fully active user
    coolitic wrote: »
    @NeXuS I dont drink =P.
    @current1y, NS2 used to be higher.

Correct. You said it was "at an all time low". 700ish (previous low) is lower then 2500 (current). Why do i even have to explain this?
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,589 Advanced user
    current1y wrote: »

Correct. You said it was "at an all time low". 700ish (previous low) is lower then 2500 (current). Why do i even have to explain this?

Because math? Why is numbers?!
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 698
    I don't know, with soda drinker pro in the running... It is going to be some stiff competition.
    THE IP ADDRESS IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE.
    Kouji_San