Fana's 10 Minute Twitch Ban

MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
This discussion was created from comments split from: A frank NS2WC discussion.

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    That's not the point. Fana didn't even speculate on what happened, he didn't provide any information that had a chance to be false (except that there may/may not have been drama). Then Wasabi bans him for saying...well nothing, as well as calling him out for having incorrect facts? What facts did he provide that were incorrect.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Well, considering he wasn't a part of the conversation between Titus and Bitey, I'm going to go ahead and say "Bitey was a member of Titus, now he isn't." is the limit of his factual knowledge of the situation.

It just shouldn't be aired here. It has nothing to do with him. It has nothing to do with you.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Gliss wrote: »
    damn why isn't there any speculation about why i left

i need attention too
    I've never been in Titus. Does that count for anything?
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2013
    GORGEous wrote: »
    Well, considering he wasn't a part of the conversation between Titus and Bitey, I'm going to go ahead and say "Bitey was a member of Titus, now he isn't." is the limit of his factual knowledge of the situation.
    Considering that I have first hand knowledge of exactly how close Titus was to being a very different team than it is today, given that I've been told accounts by players involved describing a considerable amount of drama, and granted that I've seen chat logs proving that at least parts of said drama occured, that is in fact not the limit of my factual knowledge of the situation.

I appreciate your input though, GORGEous. Your uncanny ability to provide unfounded criticism in the snidest manner possible is, as always, impressive.

Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    That's not the point. Fana didn't even speculate on what happened, he didn't provide any information that had a chance to be false (except that there may/may not have been drama). Then Wasabi bans him for saying...well nothing, as well as calling him out for having incorrect facts? What facts did he provide that were incorrect.
    Yes. Although even if I had written something that was false, that is still no justification for censorship. The lack of transparency and general hush-hush attitude that permeates the administration of this tournament is what I set out to combat with the OP, and it has clearly failed spectacularly when even innocuous twitch stream chat conversations are being censored.
    Always a pleasure, Fana. Best of luck on your latest quitting of NS2.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for illustrating the quality of your participation in this community with another troll post, GORGEous. I hope you will kindly forgive me for initially being so enthusiastic about this tournament that I considered making a comeback. I'll be sure to remain stonefaced the next time something interesting happens to avoid giving you further opportunities to troll.
    Sounds good. Let me be the first to thank you for your future silence.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fana, I need to say it, but you shouldn't use your fame/infamy as a leverage to try to have people change their minds. You also shouldn't let competitive mismanagement or drama be an excuse to quit playing the game altogether. You already did a great service getting Eissfeldt the chance to play in the tournament, but don't be surprised if your actions left you with a target on your back. I have no place in competitive drama, but as a fan of yours, I do wish you to continue playing. So why not just watch from the spectator seating and see how the tournament unfolds.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2013
    fanatic wrote: »
    Thanks for illustrating the quality of your participation in this community with another troll post, GORGEous. I hope you will kindly forgive me for initially being so enthusiastic about this tournament that I considered making a comeback. I'll be sure to remain stonefaced the next time something interesting happens to avoid giving you further opportunities to troll.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they're trolling. Most of his posts bring up valid points about containing team drama within the team and really is no one's business.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2013
    Actually, I don't see any of our members or ex members bringing up our own team dramas, but it's always an outsider who assumes and posts what they believe has gone on. It's rather naive to think that people don't care about gossip in a small community, especially about one of its top teams.
    My reply was (word for word): "Bitey was a starter for Titus, and they were not happy to lose him." and "They also lost rline, who was also a starter (there was a lot of drama, I won't repeat that here)."

Fana's post in chat wasn't just an innocuous statement. There's connotations of something else (drama!) and if that wasn't the intention, poorly worded. Like anyone else, even you Jekt (I've been to the ausns2 forums), we defend ourselves when posts or intimations about our team comes up. Any team who values their members, past or present, would. Did it deserve a time out? Maybe not, but I can understand why after dealing with Fana's posting over the last few months, why Wasabi had that reaction.

At the end of the day, it sounds like someone got a bruised ego when they were dismissed and wanted to make some more noise. A ten minute time out from a stream turned into a diatribe. I'm sure this post will be picked apart too.
    edited December 2013
    Zefram wrote: »
    Fana's post in chat wasn't just an innocuous statement. There's connotations of something else (drama!) and if that wasn't the intention, poorly worded. Like anyone else, even you Jekt (I've been to the ausns2 forums), we defend ourselves when posts or intimations about our team comes up. Any team who values their members, past or present, would.
    No matter how poorly worded my comments were (and they were poorly worded, this was instant chat, not a forum where I can sit and edit my posts for hours), it is no reason for censorship. That you don't even acknowledge that it is problematic for tournament admins to use their powers for personal purposes to stifle conversations on subjects they don't like, speaks volumes. This was a minor incident, but it clearly shows that all the maladies which led to the issues described in the OP are still in place. Criticism is as usual dismissed and treated as an annoyance.

Maybe not, but I can understand why after dealing with Fana's posting over the last few months, why Wasabi had that reaction.
    You have a lot of nerve complaining about my posting, considering it's all been in an effort to right your wrongs. Feel free to point out a single post I've made that hasn't been justified.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Oh yeah, it's all Zefram's fault. Just blame Zefram.

It is your fault.

What are we talking about again?
    edited December 2013
    No matter how poorly worded my comments were (and they were poorly worded, this was instant chat, not a forum where I can sit and edit my posts for hours), it is no reason for censorship. That you don't even acknowledge that it is problematic for tournament admins to use their powers for personal purposes to stifle conversations on subjects they don't like, speaks volumes. This was a minor incident, but it clearly shows that all the maladies which led to the issues described in the OP are still in place. Criticism is as usual dismissed and treated as an annoyance.

You're the good guy here and we, the admins, have only done wrong and bent the will of the people for our selfish gains.

I don't mind criticism. I welcome it because it sometimes reveals areas of lacking or needing refinement, which you've brought to this tournament. Thank you, Fana, for that. I do however oppose criticism, and mainly your criticism, that not only brings things of contention but also insinuations of malfeasance that tries to impugn my, or the other admins, character. You do it in a smarmy, self righteous, slanderous way and often without complete facts. Post after post drips with this attitude from you. Fana is never ever wrong and even when he is he's right (or just goes back, self edits, and removes the parts that he got wrong).

I really don't know how you have the audacity to write that we usually dismiss the complaints about this tournament. Yes, we've made mistakes. Did we correct them? Yes. What legs do you stand on when we've kowtowed to virtually EVERY demand "the community", mostly you, have made? Every single one.

Back to this incident, which after all we've been through, is minor, brought on by your own poor wording (your admission). Do I condone censorship? Hardly ever, but please, Fana, continue to use it to incite the masses again in an attempt to derail a tournament that's almost at its completion.

I don't even know why I waste my breath.

*snip*
    If you can, try to not take things too far - Mouse

*snip, snip* Apparently, parts of this post was deemed too inflammatory by forum moderators and wholly snipped, so I'm editing it to be more digestible. - Zefram
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Get off your high horse zefram.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    lol internet drama is the best
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    This thread was split from A Frank NS2WC Discussion because it was off-topic.
    I then locked this thread, because its topic doesn't warrent public discussion.
    Take it to PM guys.
This discussion has been closed.