Combat Mode Relaunch

Comments

• SnipoSnipo Join Date: 2004-04-26 Member: 28234Members, Constellation
    the solution to combat sadly was... bail on it.. like UWE did

UWE doesn't care about mods only donations for the next game that they also wont care about mods :)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Just posting to say I played 6 rounds of combat yesterday with zero issues. Mod is fine, if you're having issues it's something else.
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    Mod works ok just need people to play. I have tweaked server side about 30 lua settings to give it more KARNAGE for both sides.
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    Btw thought I'd chime in... If anyone does manage to fix that lua issue or has some balance changes just send us a pull request on GitHub and I'm happy to publish any updates to the workshop.
  • NS-SoldierNS-Soldier Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179856Members
    so will there be decrease in damage for shotgun & flamethrower, both are very powerful against skulks/hive/structures.

• RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well I couldn't play exosuit at all today. Stuck at 280 armor with +3 armor upgraded not to mention the insane amount of rubberbanding.
  • UzenUzen Join Date: 2013-12-11 Member: 190007Members
    today i got my server up and running with this mod and i love it but when players voted to change default start map... we starting loading and it kicked every one.

saying your game files do not match the server's try verifying your game cache in steam, or maybe an update just came out. any ideas on how to fix this thanks a lot
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Checked mapcycle.json for outdated mods etc. ?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation

I want to note that while combat mod does run it does so while tossing consent errors. The only way for server operators to run combat servers is to reduce the size of the error code as to reduce HDD writes or to have and SSD. However eventually the drive will run out of disk space from the error log.

Biggest issue on my server...TONs of the following:
    Error: Warning: Sound length queried for sound that doesn't exist: /combat/upgrades/alien_lvl_up
    Error: Warning: Sound length queried for sound that doesn't exist: /combat/upgrades/marine_lvl_up

In combat_Player.lua around line 409 find
    xp = xp * mateXpAmount

and add this one line above
    if xp ~= nil then

• CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Exos only have armor 0 after respawn.
    Also had that bug when you take jp and only have 30 armor until you get level 3.
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Cuel wrote: »
    Exos only have armor 0 after respawn.
    Also had that bug when you take jp and only have 30 armor until you get level 3.

Well everytime you die as exo you need to recycle all your upgrades because once you respawn WITH your upgrades already purchased, they don't carry over and you end up with 280 health/armor and no damage upgrades. You need to purchase +2 armor then your exosuit then purchase your +3 armor and your weapon upgrades. I can deal with that if it wasn't for all the insane amount of Xenocide spam killing off my welders that it makes exosuits almost redundant while lerks and onos just reign supreme.
  • cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members
    Just started my combat server today and could not load descent, stargate and nest. Error messages were "File not found" or "Game file do not match server". All others loaded OK. Does anybody else know of a work around? Thanks in advance!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Those maps require the extra entities mod to be installed. Do you have that installed on the server?
    cpt000 wrote: »
    Just started my combat server today and could not load descent, stargate and nest. Error messages were "File not found" or "Game file do not match server". All others loaded OK. Does anybody else know of a work around? Thanks in advance!
    Workshop was off a few min today, bad timing perhaps.
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Those maps require the extra entities mod to be installed. Do you have that installed on the server?
    As far as I know being extra entities is built into the combat mod, Worthy's co_chuteout and pump are the only map I have to run the external extra entities mod. If I'm missing something then my bad ☺

Will try the extra entities mod. I'm also getting random disconnections - is it an issue with the mod or the host server?
    cpt000 wrote: »

This error is caused by the workshop going down which has become a VERY common issue. See: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/133326/solution-to-workshop-mod-problems

Please continue to report this problem so it gets attention as it is going to keep occurring until UWE accepts that it is a problem that needs fixing.

Also now that I see it is not reported yet but a fix to spit is needed as it deals like 4x damage or something crazy now.
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Gorge spit projectile sometimes isn't destroyed upon contact, dealing damage every tick. It's especially obvious against the command station and armory, but can sometimes happen against marines.
    Yesterday we had a couple of people abusing the bug on the IBIS combat server. I should have recorded the mess. I have their IDs, but I'm sure you'll want to watch them abusing the bug first.
    Hopefully, we can get an update to combat mod to fix the bug or some instructions on how to fix it ourselves. If any more info is needed please let me know b/c I want to ensure the bug is fixed asap.
  • wb_spankwb_spank Join Date: 2013-07-11 Member: 186056Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    ZEROibis, you should not rely on anyone to fix this, as it was already noted the original devs have abandoned this. UWE has no vested interest to resolve this, they did not make this mod, why would they accept responsibility for this?

Instead, a couple of the other server operaters have resolved these issues. I believe the kSoCal server has, you should contact the admin there.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    wb_spank wrote: »
    ZEROibis, you should not rely on anyone to fix this, as it was already noted the original devs have abandoned this. UWE has no vested interest to resolve this, they did not make this mod, why would they accept responsibility for this?

Instead, a couple of the other server operaters have resolved these issues. I believe the kSoCal server has, you should contact the admin there.

False, I said I would fix game breaking bugs if I can, know how to, and have time, which, as you can see by the number of fixes in the official build, is not much. If there is something that is fixed you should send it to me, or let me know of the fix and I can delegate some time to fix it, and send it to the proper people.
    edited December 2013
    Yes one would hope that if someone knows of a fix they would post it up so that the people that have the ability to modify the files on the workshop can update the mod...
    So these are 3 bugs that I know of in Combat:

1) Gorge spit is persistent against the command chair. Firing 6 spits at the command chair will cause it to break down in less than 30 seconds. It's like the effect of 600.

2) Upgrades for aliens completely randomly disappear. So you could spawn without any of the 6 upgrades previously selected. Only solution: dying.

3) "File not found" error - cannot load stargate or descent map. Will kick out players as a result.
    Would sincerely appreciate any attention to above bugs, Samus. My server is now regularly operating at 60% or more, and IBIS's is almost always at 90% or more. People really like combat since it gives them a chance to practice expensive alien lifeforms like onos and fade. Thanks for your efforts.
    #3 is not a combat problem but an issue with the game due to workshop not being implemented very well see: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/133326/solution-to-workshop-mod-problems

The bug is in now way unique to combat it can occur any time you use a custom map or any other workshop mod.

#2 occurs sometimes and is due to a glitch where your egg is detected as being blocked by the game engine and is canceled. As it is canceled you do not get your upgrades. A possible work around could be to add a timer that would run a check after a players evo would have ended to see if they currently have the upgrades they are supposed to and if not auto reegg them as a fallback.

#1 is the current major issue in combat mod but no one that knows how to fix it is currently interested in sharing that information.

Lastly, there is still the issue that the game tosses constant errors like a billion times a second when combat mod is running and players are connected or am I the only one who still sees this error even on fresh installs for some reason.
    #4 - sometimes the combat maps load up as conventional maps i.e. chair is open, rt has to be built, etc. Changing the map fixes it. But it can be very confusing if the server is full of newbie players.
    #4 should only occur if combat mod is not loaded. The only thing which would cause that would be the workshop breaking as usual or it not being defined to load on that map/at all.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    #1 is the current major issue in combat mod but no one that knows how to fix it is currently interested in sharing that information.

This needs to get fixed PRONTO! It's unplayable now b/c people (read: trolls) know about it. I wasted about 3 hours tonight repeatedly kicking some troll who would copy people's names so we couldn't tell who to kick. Then, once we thought they'd left, they'd rejoin a few minutes later, and end the match with gorge, AGAIN.

EDIT: Offtopic for a sec... why the hell does it continue to allow a player who has been kicked 8+ times to rejoin the server???
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Here's my problems. The "omg game borked halp y no one fix it!"
    To actually be useful, you need reproduction steps and or a log. That's the only way anything will get fixed. Making your own hacks and not telling anyone about the fix does nothing. Logs are in %AppData%/Natural Selection 2/. There's a LOT higher chance something will get fixed if you give a log and a description.