Help Wanted: Referees Needed For the NS2WC

ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
edited December 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Registration for the Natural Selection 2 World Championships are now closed. Teams have been seeded and sorted into their groupings. Matches will commence this weekend. If you'd like to help out as a referee for any of the almost 100 matches occurring over the next 2 weeks, please email us at (info at ns2wc dot com) with your name, in-game name, and SteamID. We'll email you with more info soon. Thanks!

Comments

• BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
    I assume as a referee i'm supposed to judge if a round should restart if there is an early disconect, give warnings when too much inappropriet language appers or help kick a player that is crashing. Stuff like tha

I'm affraid I probably can't volunter due to a final push in school before christmas. But it would still be interesting to know what a NS2 referee does.
  • sally_pantssally_pants Join Date: 2013-02-21 Member: 183241Members
    Can players who are playing on a team in the NS2WC be a referee for other games? Or is that against the rules?
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    Is there an existing document or link that covers the referee responsibilities and qualifications?
    Can you give some insight around what might be expected of a referee (ie how much of a time investment might be needed)?
  • carnage-wp-carnage-wp- Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162250Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    how do i find my steamID?

apparently this his how without playing a game: http://steamidfinder.com/
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    we can do it from across the pond I assume?
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    The main responsibility is proper application of the rules. It's mostly a common sense job where you help teams run their matches in a timely manner, settle possible disputes, police bad behavior, and report scores.
    Can players who are playing on a team in the NS2WC be a referee for other games? Or is that against the rules?

Registered players can ref matches in the WC, but refrain from reffing those games that are in the same group as your team's groups.
    Spooge wrote: »
    Can you give some insight around what might be expected of a referee (ie how much of a time investment might be needed)?

Each match lasts an average of 90 minutes, but may be more. It's 2 maps with 2 rounds on each map.

If you're still interested, send us your info and we'll give more specific directions. Thanks for the inquiry.
  • The_RangerThe_Ranger So.Cali Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12800Members, Constellation, WC 2013 - Shadow
    If more are needed, I'd like some info. Days/Times/Etc. Based off that info, if I felt I had the amount of time needed, I'd throw my hat in.