Dear Santa... all I want for Christmas...

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
edited December 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
...is Eclipse!!!

I've heard ever so many good (and vague :(( ) things about it from the playtesters!

Comments

• RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    you mean.. all you want for the holidays. Begin, the war on christmas!
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Wish biodome got more playtime than it currently does. I'm curious to see how eclipse plays as it will be the second NS1 map integrated into the new game. I'm expecting longer stalemateish games due to the (assumed) 4 tech point design like veil has.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Wish biodome got more playtime than it currently does. I'm curious to see how eclipse plays as it will be the second NS1 map integrated into the new game. I'm expecting longer stalemateish games due to the (assumed) 4 tech point design like veil has.

<.< >.> <.< Ppsssstt... you didn't hear it from me... but it IS 4... <.< >.> <.<

EDIT: well that looks like crap doesn't it!? Thanks for removing my "excess" spaces, forums!
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yes, it likes to do that.
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    ...... Is lots of full servers.

Let's whip these new recruits into shape
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    ...is Eclipse!!!

I've heard ever so many good (and vague :(( ) things about it from the playtesters!
    They shouldn't even be talking about it..;)

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    IronHorse wrote: »
    ...is Eclipse!!!

Fired.

• ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Dear UWE,

Please could you arrange for Santa to kidnap my wife for a few days so I can play NS2 without getting grief?

Ta!
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Shadow fade and onos or I riot
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited December 2013

And while their at it, they can include options to switch rifle models to this

And you know, NS1 Fade and NS1 Knife <_< >_>
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Nazo wrote: »

*cough* consistency checking kills modding *cough*

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    IronHorse wrote: »
    ...is Eclipse!!!

I mean things like "It's awesome", "It's gorgeous", etc. etc.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

<.< >.> <.< Ppsssstt... you didn't hear it from me... but it IS 4... <.< >.> <.<

EDIT: well that looks like crap doesn't it!? Thanks for removing my "excess" spaces, forums!

<.<    >.>   <.<      Pssst... You didn't hear it from me, but it requires more ALT+255...      <.<    >.>    <.<
    Kouji_San wrote: »

<.<    >.>   <.<      Pssst... You didn't hear it from me, but it requires more ALT+255...      <.<    >.>    <.<

Heyyy!!!                                   Wouldja look at that?
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited December 2013

What I ment was the ability to change the weapon model in-game (no mods), the same way you change your Marine/Alien skin

It dosent have to be anything fancy like CS:GO, where you can pick up different peoples guns and look at their personalized details, just an use all Rifles or all LMGs [of course they will both fuction the same way, its just aesthetic] {Same with Knife/Switch Axe}
    NS1 Fade for Shadow Badge donaters :D
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    ...is dev tools for linux users.
    Mesa3D.
    Caged
    Jambi with better colar.
    Santa gorges.
    Reindeer Skulks
    Elf Marines
    New game mode: Snowball fight.
    i could go on but those should be top priority.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Falldamage. It isn't eclipse without taking damage from jumping down to triad. With the CLANNG when you hit the ground hard.

I've been saying this for nearly a year now but unless the community demands it, fall damage is probably not going to happen.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    b-b-b-but what about discovery... is that in the pipes anytime w/ in next 3 months? ehhhh?
    2cough wrote: »
    b-b-b-but what about discovery... is that in the pipes anytime w/ in next 3 months? ehhhh?

I'd guess that's not coming out for a while.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Discovery is the map hinted at in the art book right?

Yeah, that would be cool to see too obviously in the eventuality of life. Along with support for that alternative SMG model, NS1 fade, Knife, and a server customizable tick rate.

Santa?
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Twig wrote: »
    ...... Is lots of full servers.

Let's whip these new recruits into shape

the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. 5he whip is strong, but my arm fell off.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members

What I ment was the ability to change the weapon model in-game (no mods), the same way you change your Marine/Alien skin

It dosent have to be anything fancy like CS:GO, where you can pick up different peoples guns and look at their personalized details, just an use all Rifles or all LMGs [of course they will both fuction the same way, its just aesthetic] {Same with Knife/Switch Axe}
    NS1 Fade for Shadow Badge donaters :D

how awesome would that be? why the f is this shotgun a pony? or, wait a second, this welder turned into a dong shooting blue Sparks.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    All I want for Christmas is...

Shadow Fade.
  • os2firefoxos2firefox Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185624Members
    Bring back the HMGs!
    os2firefox wrote: »
    Bring back the HMGs!

The last thing I want is more ammo for more people to bitch about NS2's balance and "constant gameplay changes" keep the HMG in NS1 and NS2C
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    NeXuS wrote: »
    All I want for Christmas is...

Shadow Fade.
    Tada!

edited December 2013
    I hope you are teasing this for the next build, and know something we dont know 8->

Edit: Just call the Christmas/New Years update: "The Nostalgia update"
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    Well Christmas IS technically at the 'end' of 2013. I can't imagine UWE will be spending a lot of time in the office around that period so I'm sure your wish is a realistic one!

But boy, eclipse is going to be amazing for sure.