Build 261 now live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Like most of the changes. Also not in the changelog (I think):

New 'select hallucinations' button to fill the empty spot left by storm. No more trying to click individual hallucinations in the middle of a fight. I'm going to miss evacuating onos from combat areas with the removal of storm, but I suppose it makes sense combined with enzyme. Also, does the 'requestweld' console command send a waypoint to nearby marines, or do they just hear the audio cue?
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Fixed error in changelog:

Drifters turn rate lowered slightly

should read

Drifters turn rate increased slightly
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Hugh wrote: »
    Ots wrote: »
    where's eclipse? O_O

You didn't really think that we would release it BEFORE we milked every last drop of 'Coming end of 2013,' did you?

Nope.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Added Chuckle console bind

I just cried a bit. My heart is so happy.

Also, SamusDriod for MVP of NS2. Give the man a badge.
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for posting the changelog in time with the update.
    Downloading the patch, I want to try the new minimal HUD :)
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    where's eclipse? O_O

You didn't really think that we would release it BEFORE we milked every last drop of 'Coming end of 2013,' did you?

So I guess we should expect it in a new years eve update?

• HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Wonderful stuff! Some long time coming changes in there! Give that man a job already!... At least a part time one.
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Disables the minimap, useless redundant info, team res text, status bars above things, so only a health bar, removes minimap.
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    where's eclipse? O_O

Well i would've thought you would release it before wc's start, instead of in the middle of the tourney. -.-

• PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Disables the minimap, useless redundant info, team res text, status bars above things, so only a health bar, removes minimap.
    Is it possible to select which we want to include? I don't like the idea of not having a minimap.

While I'm asking questions, does mucous membrane have the same AOE as old Storm? Was storm always the same size? Cause Storm always felt bigger than Mucous. I don't know.

Edit; Thank you for bringing bindable chuckles!
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I don't think storm was changed.
    Having more options that what there is is not good, can cause people to be overwhelmed when looking at the options, and takes more development time. Minimal hud is minimal hud.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also you don't seem to get point popups in minimal hud for anything other than kills... So no random numbers showing up for assists or building things.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'd also like to be able to choose what is and isn't on the hud, instead of selecting between 2 presets. That's bonus though, having a minimal option at all is great.
    Use @Mendasp 's mod, and beg server admins to run it.
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Great build and good work samus & sewlek.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    All good except vortex and stormzyme. Don't know what would possess someone to make such silly changes as those.

Also, whips arn't addressed.

WCS qualifiers. More like PVE world cup 2.0.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    New patch on work-at-home-day...
    Say no CCTEE, be strong! Be strong!
    I feel kind of bad for whips. When they win the world tournament they'll get no recognition, the winner will be one of the teams instead :(
  • FreekerFreeker France Join Date: 2013-10-28 Member: 188858Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Increased enzyme cloud and mucous membrane cost to 2 (up from 1)
    Merged enzyme with storm
    Enzyme requires now a shift hive

Like that. I already see the "shift or crag 1st?" topic coming back.
    Now, make the hallucination useful and i'll have a real choice to make at the beginning of a round ^^.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Freeker wrote: »
    Increased enzyme cloud and mucous membrane cost to 2 (up from 1)
    Merged enzyme with storm
    Enzyme requires now a shift hive

Like that. I already see the "shift or crag 1st?" topic coming back.
    Now, make the hallucination useful and i'll have a real choice to make at the beginning of a round ^^.
    Hallucinations are currently 1 at a time. I'd like to see them at least 1 per drifter, or even better - 1 per entity (so you can hallucinate whole team, hive, and few harvesters at the same time). Even better if you could hallucinate any structure you have, not only harvester and hive.

• B3rTB3rT Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183058Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Twig wrote: »
    where's eclipse? O_O

Yep, and it will be that great, that people will celebrate it with fireworks!
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I don't think I've been this excited about a new patch before. GREAT WORK to all involved, thank you!!!!!!!!
    B3rT wrote: »
    where's eclipse? O_O

Yep, and it will be that great, that people will celebrate it with fireworks!

Gee I wonder how people would celebrate with fireworks in game :-? B-)
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Obraxis wrote: »
    While this patch contains a huge amount of fixes which took a lot of testing, I would like to ask the community to keep an eye out for a 'rifle jam' bug. We're pretty sure it's still there, but it may have been reduced or possibly even fixed. We have our suspicions on how it's caused, any reproduction steps on this would be really helpful (if it in fact still happens).

It's still there unfortunately. Rarely happens but when it does, it usually got something to do with quick reloading and not completely spending your clip.

Overall, this patch is awesome though. Not really sure what you guys did but my loading times are superfast now. Oh and commander keys...so much love. Upgraded my silver badge to shadow because of this. <3
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    when do you think we will get better support for eyefinity/multi-screen setups?

Hopefully never, as it would give you quite an edge over most other players.