Questions on Matchmaking on servers

ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
We all know that matchmaking is apparently coming at some point but what is the plan with it?

Will UWE take the Valve route like CS:GO and restrict it only to their servers?

Or will it be more like TF2 where you get matched with players across all the available servers?

Will servers need to be whitelisted? How is that determined? Will this kill off moded servers other than UWEs official moded servers? What about when you want to have a simple mod like snowballs in your server or basic mods like admin systems or badges? What about when YOU want to be able to add your own badges or simple extension mods?

I and many other server admins want to know what the plans so that we know how our communities will be effected.

UWE made the game support a lot of modding but how will these mods play with any match making implementation b/c right now things like the hive restrict most everything.

Comments

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So many questions. The answer is 'maybe'.
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    They'll most likely have a competitive matchmaking with ranking, and maybe a casual matchmaking with more players, much like CS:GO, as well as keep the server browser. This in my opinion is the best way to do it.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    That makes sense, I was trying to figure how they were thinking of implementing it while still making it as easy as it is now to mod your server ect. Obviously they want to help support all the great community servers and other mod servers so many people have set up.

I am just wondering if there is any concrete idea how they plan to do this or if they want to get some ideas from the community b/c we are always happy to make suggestions; especially for a major change such as this which will effect so many players and communities.