ZMGaming.com

GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
Thanks for the skillban! Should probably change your server to "rookie only."

Comments

• holty007holty007 Join Date: 2013-08-17 Member: 186917Members
    GORGEous wrote: »

13 mins in 70 odd kills to 7 deaths. seams odd to me. No one can be that good.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    It was a 32 player server with a lot of noob skulks. There are about 50 people in NS2 that can do that.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    edited December 2013
    It's one server in loads, find another server to rape on.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    It was a 32 player server with a lot of noob skulks. There are about 50 people in NS2 that can do that.
    actually i'd say about 100 people.
    only about 50 of them play comp however.

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Move on, so there are really servers banning good players, okay.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    holty007 wrote: »

13 mins in 70 odd kills to 7 deaths. seams odd to me. No one can be that good.

Lol, newbie is strong with this one. It isn't hard against bad players. Especially not if you grab a shotgun and JP.

And it becomes more possible if you play on large servers, because bad people tend to play on large servers, plus you see skulks more often, which means you can get kills more easily, then on a small server.
    edited December 2013
    It was our choice to ban him. If he wishs to prove he was not cheating upload a vid of him playing with the same kills.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Way too much pug swag for that server. O_O
    25502.jpg
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • AconitAconit Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185502Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Do you realize you were not baned because of your skill, but because you used it to farm kills ?
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Well, here's a scrim of me playing 10 months ago for nxzl against arc. I'm sure you can find more recent videos of me playing scrims and matches on reddog or any of the other casters. I also offered to stream right then when you started talking up the banhammer in game.

http://www.twitch.tv/lolgorgeous/b/366092618
    Aconit wrote: »
    Do you realize you were not baned because of your skill, but because you used it to farm kills ?

I'm not sure how I was farming kills... Most of my kills game from outside shipping hive which we were arcing and sieging from a phasegate in obs. The next largest share of my kills were defending server room from the 10 skulk base rushes. What constitutes farming kills? It's not like I was sitting in your hive for 5 minutes shooting freshly hatched skulks.

If you guys didn't want me to play there then you simply could have asked or stated so instead of towing the silly cheating line.
    Y99NdBo.jpg
    edited December 2013

What? you see that he died 7 times in that 13 min game. If you can't stay alive you cant exactly end it even if you are killing 80% of the opposing team. Sometimes it takes more then 1 really good person to end the game. How exactly do you farm kills these days btw?

Lets imagine worst case. He had zero deaths and was in the hive shooting fresh spawns from eggs. Even THAT wouldn't be farming kills as it would be impossible for him alone to clear a 15 man team AND kill the hive alone. It would be his teams fault for now running in to help. Farming kills? please...

EDIT: Fair point to the post below.
    Okay, "farming kills" was not the best expression. My point is : you had 13 min and 70 kills to realise you were crushing the opposing team on your own. Don't see the issue ?

I don't understand why you stayed on the server. Basicaly you ruined the 23 other players game without (apparently) noticing it. I don't agree with the ban and think the admin should have asked you to only use pistol, jump in the chair or maybe leave, but it is clear they had to react...
    edited December 2013
    Hence why I said the server should be labeled as rookie. If you don't want good players to play on your server, then label it as a rookie server. Don't ban them for cheating.

There were a couple other marines that were only like 25-2, but I suppose the cutoff for cheating is 26-2.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Banning someone for being too good is a bit much. You can ask them to leave, or kick them. No need for a ban tbh.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i feel sorry for that hive, pooping out all those eggs.
    FOR NOTHING!

Okay, "farming kills" was not the best expression. My point is : you had 13 min and 70 kills to realise you were crushing the opposing team on your own. Don't see the issue ?

I don't understand why you stayed on the server. Basicaly you ruined the 23 other players game without (apparently) noticing it. I don't agree with the ban and think the admin should have asked you to only use pistol, jump in the chair or maybe leave, but it is clear they had to react...

we did not think of this at the time. but good feedback for us

Also thank you for the twich. but there is a problem we banned PUG not GORGEous
    edited December 2013
    I agree with your last post, Obraxis and GORGEous. Banning for something else than PROVED cheating is dumb. Even more without warn....Bad server is bad...

On the other hand, being capable of warping an entire server on your own and effectively doing it are two different things. Do you see chess players crushing a new player just because they can ? No. It's called sportsmanship.

PS = Rookie or not rookie server is not the question. Obviously you didn't need a greeny name to understand it was filled with noobs...Was a 10-1 KD not enough for that ?
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    A ban is a bit too harsh I agree. Asking the player to go gorge/commander might have been better or a kick with a warning but did the player have the slightest bit of remorse when he was farming the enemy team over and over? Did he not realise it? The excuse that "oh it should be rookie friendly" doesn't hold much weight here because it obviously had a lot of rookies and you would know that larger servers tend to be less stressful and more attractive options for rookies.
    I was hardly farming the entire team. My team wasn't even winning despite my kills (and the 2-3 other people on my team sporting 5:1 to 10:1 kdrs). We held from server room to observation, but couldn't even really hold mez or ET RTs, nor plat. Aliens had from shipping to warehouse at various points in the game. It's not like the game ended in a 5 minute rofl-stomp. It was 15 minutes and pretty even at that point.

I specifically joined that server because a) it wasn't rookie and b) it was a clan server with a bunch (5+) clan members in the game.. Ironically, but probably not coincidentally, most of them happened to be on the other team when they banned me.
    edited December 2013
    holty007 wrote: »
    Also thank you for the twich. but there is a problem we banned PUG not GORGEous

Pug = GORGEous... in case you didn't see his forum signature...
    He kinda likes pugs.
  • simple_simple_ Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188102Members
    One should probably avoid these servers from ZMGaming altogether.
    A groge biled through the wall in terminal, and I considered that cheating. But one of the admins there kicked me for saying so.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Maybe this will clear some things up. I was in the server during this game. I joined rather late and GORGEoue/Pug already had 77 kills with 7 or so deaths. The first thing I heard was that he was cheating. My first kill was on him. lol So I told the guys he wasn't cheating. Then later, it seemed I was safe from engaging a pack of Marines and then suddenly died by GORGEous/Pug. I saw him him and he was not in position to kill me. So, of course my instant reaction in a matter of rage, was HAX! I now realize that I do have a relatively high ping as it is a UK server and it was simply latency.

They kicked him and then he posted here almost immediately. I don't blame you. I'd be mad too. I've played with GORGEous on numerous occasions on numerous servers. He doesn't cheat. He doesn't hack. He actually quite good and fun to have your team. Zefram and I had a lengthy discussion on the issue about it later and I told him to apologize for me but in case he didn't relay the message, here it is. GORGEous, I'm sorry for the way you were on the server. And, yes, you are correct. A 32 man server full of n00b skulks is an easy way to have an abnormally high KD. Again, I've personally played with him, as I'm sure many others have as well and they can back me up on this. He doesn't cheat. He doesn't hack. End of story. I'm sorry for the way you were treated.
    I'm not mad and don't hold anything against you guys. I didn't even think anyone would read this thread. Just posted it right after in the heat of the moment. Thanks for acknowledging what happened.