NS2WC Registration Open - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited November 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageNS2WC Registration Open - Natural Selection 2

Never before has a stage so big been set for Natural Selection 2. Just over a year since launch, the pieces are in place for what promises to be a immense celebration of community, skill, and sportsmanship. The Natural Selection 2 World Championship is coming. After being funded against overwhelming odds, and despite the unprecedented scale and scope of the undertaking for a community of NS2′s size, the NS2WC just got a step closer to happening. Today, registrations opened for teams wishing to participate in a tournament that could see you fly across the world to compete live on stage in Cologne, Germany. The official tournament website has opened for business: ns2wc.com. Head over to read the rules and …

Read the full story here

Comments

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • MewSkittyMewSkitty Join Date: 2012-12-01 Member: 173805Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    HECK YEAH BABY!!!!

xxx
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    first :P

You defeated me!

• blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    Still can't believe this is actually happening. Makes me proud of this community and never want to leave.

btw Hugh: my nick is blind, not blindNS, you always mix that up :P
  • paologerochipaologerochi Join Date: 2010-04-25 Member: 71534Members
    Omg, YEAHHH BOYYYYEEE!! Finally!!!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Free ticket registration will open soon(TM). Looks like I will have to check your site nonstop, I don't want to end up like all the guys who wanted an Onos badge :D
  • trinity.nstrinity.ns Join Date: 2008-12-07 Member: 65688Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Could we get a time map like the last time? Or tell me when it starts local time at least!
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I would like some more info on the venue if possible, I am really interested in going but need to do a bit of cost research first to make sure I can afford it.
    Free ticket registration will open soon(TM). Looks like I will have to check your site nonstop, I don't want to end up like all the guys who wanted an Onos badge :D

I do have a sneaking suspicion the tickets for this will be quite popular, would it be possible to have a heads up in advance for what date/time the tickets will be available? (when it is known) I was very fortunate with my Onos tier and I wouldnt want to be one of the unlucky ones for this!
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Oh no! I'm away on the same weekend as the finals! I miss the live fun. :(
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    W00t i hope that i shall be able to make an apperence at this! gonna be some EPIC NS!
  • rayzourayzou Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184066Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Is it possible, once your team is created, to manage the roster ? Maybe we'll have some new fresh players sooner or later.

<3 this news
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    Can i edit my own hud mod for the game with same stuff that mendap's mod uses or is it unfair advantage?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Zinkey wrote: »
    I would like some more info on the venue if possible, I am really interested in going but need to do a bit of cost research first to make sure I can afford it.

I do have a sneaking suspicion the tickets for this will be quite popular, would it be possible to have a heads up in advance for what date/time the tickets will be available? (when it is known) I was very fortunate with my Onos tier and I wouldnt want to be one of the unlucky ones for this!

This. @Hugh!
    ;)
  • RahmosRahmos Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170738Members
    Are the Devs going to keep the game balance the same? ex. not buffing/reducing armor/hp of aliens, marines, structures?
  • rayzourayzou Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184066Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    rayzou wrote: »
    Is it possible, once your team is created, to manage the roster ? Maybe we'll have some new fresh players sooner or later.

<3 this news

Rules answered my question.
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Ooooh man. Can't wait! :D
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    RedDog wrote: »
    Ooooh man. Can't wait! :D

You actually can't, cause you need to organise it, silly.
    Where will the ticket registration be opened?
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    tickets will be available soon. we will post an update via the @ns2wc twitter to alert you on where to get them. As stated above there are over 100 seats in the arena. ESL is located in cologne, germany about 10+min away from the train station.
  • vandeamvandeam Join Date: 2013-03-24 Member: 184307Members, WC 2013 - Gold
    Guys i'm looking for a teamup my nick name ingame is "Can't Touch This" if there any team recruiting please send me a message, i'm a good player 250+ hours
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @vandeam head over to the "Veteran" section of the forums, there's a thread there called "Looking For Team" where you can post that kind of stuff
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Found a link to the tickets on http://www.ns2wc.com/ > About > Event Tickets. I signed up for one there and it has come through, didnt see any mention of this on twitter?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Yeah, I have registered and got my tickets for the ns2wc already :) Looking forward to seeing you all there :)
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    What happens if more than 28 teams apply?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    They pick the best.
    Zinkey wrote: »
    Found a link to the tickets on http://www.ns2wc.com/ > About > Event Tickets. I signed up for one there and it has come through, didnt see any mention of this on twitter?

Why was there no official announcement o.O

Well, anyway, got mine. See you there B-)
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What happens if more than 28 teams apply?

They're guaranteeing a certain number of spaces for premiere div/div 1 teams, other than that it's probably first come first serve
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Would be nice if someone release a list of signed up teams one day BEFORE the signup closed.
    I didnt receive a confirmation mail and im a bit confused atm.
  • nadylinadyli Join Date: 2007-11-01 Member: 62791Members, Squad Five Blue
    fanatic wrote: »
    I have trouble putting into words just how ridiculous it is that Eissfeldt has been banned from participating in this tournament. There is not a single competitive player that believes that he has ever used a hack in a match. Yes, it was stupid of him to use a hack on his main account to spectate other players for wallhacks, but that is no reason to exclude him from playing in this tournament.

When I first heard about it, my immediate thought was "oh wow, that was silly of him, how funny". The idea that anyone in the NSWC admin group would be dense enough to punish him for it didn't even cross my mind. I still have trouble believing it actually happened. This goes beyond the rule mongering we saw during the beta, this is just pure incompetence.

Eissfeldt even suggested that he could stream every match he played in the tournament, which would show without a doubt that he isn't hacking, but that wasn't good enough either. I was really excited about the NSWC -- I was even considering making a comeback before this happened -- but there is no way I am going to support a tournament that is run in this way.

Unless the situation is rectified immediately, this tournament will live in infamy.

hehe

• LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Good luck to all teams that register!