NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    More of, a toggle for it would be more fitting in this mod, than in my mod ;)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited November 2013
    Updated yet again:

- Added command to switch between KDA and KAD in the scoreboard (chud_kda)
    - Added command to switch tracers on and off (chud_tracers)
    - Added command to make the damage numbers smaller independent of the nameplate size (chud_smalldmg)
    - Added command to switch between default particles and minimal (chud_particles)

For now, in the particles command I've disabled all the marine building explosions and tweaked enzyme and mucous. Please let me know if I've gone crazy with the tweaking and what you want to see tweaked next.

Edit: Actually, the particles option was crashing the clients, so I've disabled it until I can figure out the crash.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Updated yet again:

- Added command to switch between KDA and KAD in the scoreboard (chud_kda)

I love you...
    Ok, huge thanks to Dragon for dealing with my noob coding knowledge and pointing me in the right direction for the particles implementation.

The particles command now works :)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Less particles is pretty amazing.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2013
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Added command to switch tracers on and off (chud_tracers)
    - Added command to switch between default particles and minimal (chud_particles)

oh my... finally the tracers (old ui tweak got blocked)!!!!!!!!!! No need to use default fpsdownfall particles because even most powerfull GPU's cant keep up(high particles), but dunno about the visuals
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Does the particle command affect drifter particle spam? If so, I love you.
    So far enzyme and mucous, but I can tweak any particles now.
    I have published an update. I have made it so any time you make changes it doesn't destroy the entire UI (was causing issues with commanders/spectators), it only reloads what is necessary.

I also added a new option:
    chud_gametime: Adds or removes the game time on the top left (requires having the commander name as marines)

And I have tweaked nutrient mist, it has less particles and half the opacity.

Let me know if there are issues and I'll fix them ASAP.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    An option for damage feedback that was visual to be turned off or on is something people I know have asked about.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why is this not on every NSL server yet.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    It's a required mod for the NS2WC.

In other news, CHUD disables the ability for commanders to bind their keys.
    That's pretty funny tbh. Mind you I use defaults anyway so no harm done here.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Golden wrote: »
    It's a required mod for the NS2WC.

In other news, CHUD disables the ability for commanders to bind their keys.

261 just came out be patient my padawan ;)
    edited December 2013
    So I just installed this mod on my server (yes properly). Get into it, typing chud does nothing, there are no menu options either. What do!?

EDIT: Ah ok so the patch broke it, I assumed from @Golden 's post that it still worked but stopped the commander bindings instead.
    edited December 2013
    I will update this later today, the new official minimal HUD option has broken a couple of things...
    Updated.

Added a new option (chud_assists) for disabling assists as the mod ignores the new HUD setting for this.
    edited January 2014
    So I've added an option so you can change damage number colors independently in marines and aliens (chud_dmgcolor_m / chud_dmgcolor_a), and an option to reset both of them (chud_dmgcolor_reset). These options accept RGB values or Hex. For example, you can enter red as 255 0 0 or 0xFF0000. No need for quotes.

I also added a new option to toggle between the normal alien health/energy bars and oma's (chud_alienbars).

Also let me know if you want customizable colors for Kills/Assists because I could add it easily but I hate the way I have to do it.

Edit: I almost forgot, these new options do not have entries in the settings menu.
    edited January 2014
    For the next build (263) I have these things already implemented:
    If you have disabled waypoints this also disabled the sounds associated with the waypoints but there was one remaining sound playing ("Objective complete"), that is now disabled too.

If you had unlocks disabled you could still hear the "Upgrade complete" sound, that is now disabled too.

I added a stopsound command and a CHUD setting that removes all the ambient sounds on map load. Note that this only removes the ambient sounds in the map and does not stop the building sounds or anything else, just map ambience. Since the mod is in some public servers this will be useful for the vanilla maps.

I'm working on making the mod less dependant on file overwrites so server admins could whitelist it easily, but I don't know yet how much I can move to hooks.
    ...s..stopsound? Are you god?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sounds like there's no reason to have the NSL maps seperate anymore then.
    edited January 2014
    Well, removing all the particles and the lower lights counts are a good reason.

But yes, I could probably add the map particles to CHUD and we'd be able to do everything in code (including spawns), but I'm not 100% sold on the idea just yet.
    You can use sv_nsllights on normal maps.
    edited January 2014
    I know, I originally wrote that mod.

I'm just thinking about how easy/hard it'd be to maintain map lights that are not really in the map, etc. And how if it's in the maps you don't force anyone to run the mod, blah blah.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    How hard would it be to insert this into the shine admin mod? That way most of the public servers out there, that run shine already, can have this already implemented.