UWE-NS2 focus Internet Bandwith like InternetDownloadManager to reduce Lag/high ping

Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
I think video games is just an application ,so why UWE team cant just have some Patch to make NS2 have Option to priority Download/Upload speed of internet bandwith >> so NS2 can be played with reduced lag/high pings ?

My internet cafe have high download /upload speed with InternetDownloadManager and U-Torrent (filber) , but when i play NS2 , ping is around over 150 even closet server is China -Singapore

Hope this help for idea making NS2 alot comfortable for players have to find lag-but crowded server to play :))

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Internet speed has next to nothing to do with ping/lag. The game only streams something like 10kb/s download and 5kb/s upload (or less). As long as you meet that (with a little wiggle for other apps in background) it won't make a difference. What matters is the routing the connection is going through and the distance it has to travel. Also the quality of all the hardware inbetween.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Razor Game Booster Not exactly what you wan't, but your suggestion doesn't work anyway.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    Razor Game Booster Not exactly what you wan't, but your suggestion doesn't work anyway.

Dont trust any optimization software !!!!