YOClan .co.uk 2013 Charity Donation

princessprincess Yaaar!Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
Perhaps this is a bit off topic for General Discussion but I hope people who play on YO Clan .co.uk will read this thread...

We YOClan admins are blessed that we live in various countries that offer us all health care, clean water, education and (varying amounts of) freedom and equality.

Each YO member donates a fair amount of money each year to keep the server and the community going. We don't always need to spend all of these 'YO subs' on our (and your!) frivolous gaming addiction and so we like to give a bit back each year wherever we can.

We have previously donated annually to some UK based charities, such as WWF, Cancer Research UK and Macmillan Cancer Nurses, as well as donating towards UWE projects and NS2 tournament fund prizes.

This year we'd like your input.

Would you like to nominate a charity to receive our 2013 donation? We'd love to hear from you.

If we receive enough suggestions, we will hold a poll and the winning charity will be sent our donation. Perhaps you're planning to run a marathon? Perhaps you've received help from a charity yourself and would love to pay it back some help? Perhaps you just know of a deserving cause that could do with a bit of extra money?

We don't have much but we want to help.

Please send me any charity suggestions via PM or by Steam chat (Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/princess/ )

Please send any paypal donations to donate@yoclan.co.uk or message me (details above) for other options. Please include your real name, forum or in-game name if you would like recognition and express that would like your contribution to go towards the YO 2013 charity donation. If not, please write in paypal comments that you would like to remain anonymous. I am the only person with access to this account so will not disclose any details if you do not wish me to do so.

For those of you who play on YO Clan, we hope you enjoy playing on our server, or have enjoyed it in the past. We love providing the NS2 YO server, but we'd love more if you'd show your kindness by donating towards a charity alongside our collection.

All money received for charity donations will be spent on charity donations. We will not spend it on drugs, booze and hookers no matter how much Obraxis demands it.

Apologies if this goes against the ideas that the NS2 General Discussion forum should be for, but I would like to get as wide an audience as possible because we hope to make a big donation this year.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We like to think our NS2 server is one of the best & most friendliest out there. If you enjoy playing on it and enjoy helping others, there can be no better way than to donate :) You'll be helping YO stay up and donating to a good cause.

And also, let us know which charity you would like to receive this year's benefit! :-)

Thanks all!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We like to think our NS2 server is one of the best & most friendliest out there.
    How would you know though? None of you actually play on it.

Also, that snb guy is a whiny bumface.

• DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Yeah but that's part of the fun.
  • catolmcatolm Norway Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188909Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We like to think our NS2 server is one of the best & most friendliest out there. If you enjoy playing on it and enjoy helping others, there can be no better way than to donate :) You'll be helping YO stay up and donating to a good cause.

And also, let us know which charity you would like to receive this year's benefit! :-)

Thanks all!

Usually is fun indeed there, but not all the time. For instance I was just banned in there for being in the spectator mode for a few minutes trying to confirm or disconfirm a possible cheater and learn the differences from how the good shooters and the bad (me) shoot so I could learn. SnB is not very friendly. Spectator mode is in the game for a reason (for instance catching aimbotters), and banning people for just being in the spectator mode should in all honesty have some reperations against the server itself. Yet this is a good server. Whenever I see my server The Real Shit full, YOClan is also full. I wish it the best :)

Good day.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    YOClan is always full, for the better (playing on it) or the worse (hanging around in queue forever). :)
    Suggest donating for Reinforced programm.
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    catolm wrote: »
    Usually is fun indeed there, but not all the time. For instance I was just banned in there for being in the spectator mode for a few minutes trying to confirm or disconfirm a possible cheater and learn the differences from how the good shooters and the bad (me) shoot so I could learn. SnB is not very friendly. Spectator mode is in the game for a reason (for instance catching aimbotters), and banning people for just being in the spectator mode should in all honesty have some reperations against the server itself. Yet this is a good server. Whenever I see my server The Real Shit full, YOClan is also full. I wish it the best :)

Good day.
    Nice one sided story there, buddy. You were spectating on a full server and got asked to join up. You didn't, so people kicked you. You rejoined, went into spec again, and got kicked again. 3 times. Along with snide comments in chat. So an admin banned you.

Excuse me for not being friendly to someone pissing on the server rules.

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2013
    Is fun if you play alone. Try to play with a friend and the awwtoobalanceadmin drops you on other sides cause 2 people with teamplay on same side is "stacking gg".
    Not to mention if you got 3 :O
  • JirikiJiriki retired ns1 player Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11780Members, NS1 Playtester, Squad Five Silver