Force a random person to be Commander

amckernamckern Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14249Members, Constellation
Unsure if this should go in the creation section, but I am looking for a mod that will force commander on each team if there is no commander present within say 30 seconds of the round starting.

On my community server games can take up to 5 minuets to start as no one is willing to go comm.

I would like to resolve this issue.

Also, how can I change the text 'Welcome to Natural Selection 2' when you first join the game? I would like to display a MOTD Style text.

Thanks,

amckern

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki . Take a look at shine. Yet you can't force ppl to be commander but you can set a timelimit to pick a commander (Pregame plugin).
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    I just wish there was a way to remove the restriction on the commander not getting res, it is just annoying in a pub environment.
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    Also there are some servers that had a mod where if one team had a com the game would start within 1 minute or something like that.
  • NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    I just wish there was a way to remove the restriction on the commander not getting res, it is just annoying in a pub environment.

Hear, Hear! Going in the comm chair when the comm is off doing something flat out gets you punished.
    Pub comming was a lot more enjoyable for me when I could go out for a stroll and sort out minor problems myself. Specially mid game when I could effort a shot/jp from my own pres.

Also forcing people to be a comm seems like a bad idea. Someone who hasn't comm'd before or simply does not want to comm won't make for a very good game. I know there are a lot of veterans out there who know how to comm but got fed up with pub comming but you'll be better of using the shine solution. When the round force starts and nobody is a comm, someone will usually stand up and do their part.
  • NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @ZEROibis that's easy, just stay out of the chair or hive until the game has started, tada you have your 20 res lol. Just teasing ^_^
  • amckernamckern Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14249Members, Constellation
    Thanks guys

Forgot about shine - is it less likely to break NS2 as it did a few months ago?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    From what I understand it does still have a problem where clients with wacky resolutions will crash on join. Not sure why that it but it is very rare.
  • monkeydogmonkeydog Join Date: 2010-02-18 Member: 70626Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    As a noob commander, I like when everyone refuses to go commander. I get a chance to practice...and no one has the right to complain if I make a mistake here or there.