Intel and Nvidia Sponsor the NS2 World Championship - Natural Selection 2

13»

Comments

• ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    edited November 2013
    Pointless argument removed
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • MewSkittyMewSkitty Join Date: 2012-12-01 Member: 173805Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    OMG GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
  • frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Suddenly, all the pessimistic nonbelievers who where so mad about this event are so quite... what... what happened? :D
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2013
    This is really amazing. Massive kudos to Wasabi and the other organisers for trucking through all the difficulties of getting funding community that is honestly too small to support such an event. Getting Intel and Nvidia onboard is very impressive. The limitations of having only two teams present hampered the quality of previous events significantly, but doubling the amount of teams should make things a lot more interesting for both the players and the spectators. I won't be participating (teardrop), but I'll try to catch the games when they're on, and I know that Godar, Saunamen, Snails, and probably Titus will have a blast playing live in Cologne. I haven't really paid attention to competitive play since I quit, but from looking at the recent scores on ensl just now, it seems like the top teams are a lot more evenly matched than when I played, and that bodes well for the quality of the matches too.

frantix wrote: »
    Suddenly, all the pessimistic nonbelievers who where so mad about this event are so quite... what... what happened? :D
    From what I can tell, many of the the negative replies to this thread have been nuked by the moderators. The moderation practices on this forum have always been a bit sinister, but from the perspective of someone who doesn't read them often anymore, it seems to have turned into full-fledged censorship at this point. There are a lot of valid arguments against such an event, xDragon's reply on the first page is a good example of that, and while I personally think the pros outweigh the cons, the outright deletion of dissenting opinions in this thread is highly questionable.
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Come on we can do it, already 91 % of $30,000!

Remember, we have to reach 100% or a few players(or any of the casters :-S) risks running out of airplane fuel just outside the Germany border, and then the whole finals gets canceled.:-SS
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    frantix wrote: »

Well, to be fair who could have expected two hardware giants to donate more than half of the goal by themselves?
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    It was really, really nice of Intel and Nvidia to do that! ONWARDS, TO GLORY.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Ah, if only Nvidia and Intel could've donated a nice solid figure like 10k a piece, we'd be there!

Just did my part none the less.

Edit:

And I just realized, someone bought the hive rank O.o
    lets hope they get on camera showing off that shirt

Edit2:

Teams are a lot more even now because @fanatic is OP :P
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nvidia bought the hive rank lol :p