Redeem In-Game Badges - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited November 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageRedeem In-Game Badges - Natural Selection 2

Over the course of the life of Natural Selection, it has been possible to collect badges. From Constellation, to Squad 5, to the Reinforcement Program – Badges have been around for over a decade. Until now, their use in game was extremely limited and ad-hoc. Today, it is now possible to properly manage your badges and show them off in-game. This happy turn of events has been made possible by the steady construction of the Hive, a system that will ultimately – hopefully – provide match making and tournament management functionality. Such functionality is not ready yet, but badge management is. You can visit Hive at hive.naturalselection2.com and have a poke around as Lukas and Andi continue to add components.…

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump and the thread begins
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Green is good. If anything else, panic.

The Hive now has a pretty good idea about who you are and what you eat for breakfast.

epic
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    What the **** happened? I can only get 3 of my reinforced babbler badges at once now? Seriously WTF, that's a shit load of money put down to support you guys and to get the badges to SHOW that support, and NOW I CAN'T SHOW THOSE BADGES?!?!?!?!?!

W..T..F..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously pissed off about this.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited November 2013
    Roobubba wrote: »
    What the **** happened? I can only get 3 of my reinforced babbler badges at once now? Seriously WTF, that's a shit load of money put down to support you guys and to get the badges to SHOW that support, and NOW I CAN'T SHOW THOSE BADGES?!?!?!?!?!

W..T..F..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously pissed off about this.

Ha I thought about buying multiple badges, but it looks like I went better not doing it :D

edit: Just tried connecting the steam account. It works in IE. Not in opera.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    GJ, time this was coming. The scoreboard was getting cluttered with all the badge collectors making it unreadable and the random feature should be a good enough alternative for the badge show off's / crybabies @Roobubba
    xD
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    But badges let us feel special :D Stacking 2.0 stack after badges:
    658015BD41E7BFB327B10F8833E4981D181BE6A4
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    when trying to connect steam:

"Error occurred, please try again."

edit: nevermind. It seemed to have logged me out straight away swo after logging in again it seems good.
  • ZaliZali Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185668Members
    edited November 2013
    Probably should have gone with "paid for" rather than "earned". Pretty pleased the badge collectors have been gged though, too funny, less cluttered scoreboards are welcome.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I think it should be configurable by server admins how many badges they want their scoreboards to show, with a minimum of 3.
  • kowkow Join Date: 2003-06-19 Member: 17524Members, Constellation
    I don't see any badges after I clicked "Proceed" on the redeem badges page.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    How about putting everyone's badges to the right, instead of the left, so that all names start from the same line, eh?

And while we're speaking about tab, how about moving 'assists' somewhere else from between kills and deaths, makes it reaaaally annoying to check out kills and deaths. (So many numbers! :-O )
  • GuspazGuspaz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2862Members, Constellation
    It doesn't seem to be working for me; I logged in, linked my Steam account, did the redeem badges, but nothing shows up in manage badges. I'm expecting the Constellation badge, I believe.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Well, your account in the forum only has constelation, so what other badges would you like to get?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    I think it should be configurable by server admins how many badges they want their scoreboards to show, with a minimum of 3.

Better Client sided, as imho the main reason to limit them to 4 badges is that otherwise you wouldn't see any name at low resolutions.
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    How about putting everyone's badges to the right, instead of the left, so that all names start from the same line, eh?

And while we're speaking about tab, how about moving 'assists' somewhere else from between kills and deaths, makes it reaaaally annoying to check out kills and deaths. (So many numbers! :-O )

It's 3 columns not that many numbers.

• SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    But badges let us feel special :D Stacking 2.0 stack after badges:
    658015BD41E7BFB327B10F8833E4981D181BE6A4

Hey, thats me! :D
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    So....now that Hive is linked with Steam account....any chance on a Beta Player Badge? (given by buy date of the game) :D
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hae a Pax logo which does not show up in the badge list. Any chance of that being fixed?
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Badges? we don't need no stinkin badges!
  • atLaNNatLaNN Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30327Members, Constellation
    Doesnt seem to work for me. There's nothing to link it with my steam account, and and I redeem my badges trhough the forum account, its says it's gonna show up but it's been a few days and nothing :/
    edited November 2013
    Dictator93 wrote: »
    I hae a Pax logo which does not show up in the badge list. Any chance of that being fixed?

Afaik is the pax badge activated by the steamdlc id. So it doesn't is stored at the hive as it uses another system than all other badges. [1]

[1] taken from Badges_Server.lua:
    hasBadge = GetHasDLC(info.productId, responseClient)

• xCrunchxxCrunchx USA Join Date: 2013-11-06 Member: 189079Members
    No love for us Zen of Sudoku supporters? :(
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Wasabi confirmed PAX badge is separate and is added on top of the three forum badges.
  • digzdigz be still, maggot Join Date: 2002-05-07 Member: 588Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Where's the B.U.S?
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody's near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I am sadly missing all of my badges, so I'm afraid I can't display any guys. :)
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wish I still got that constellation badge. Donated back on the 9th anniversary and before the official cutoff date.

I got a gift copy of ns2 instead..but eh.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Keep up posting any issues you have everyone, Lukas will be trawling this thread and bug fixing when he wakes up.
    Dictator93 wrote: »

Please see the OP.
    atLaNN wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to work for me. There's nothing to link it with my steam account, and and I redeem my badges trhough the forum account, its says it's gonna show up but it's been a few days and nothing :/

Please provide more details about your issue - Are you saying that the Link to Steam option shown in the instructions is not appearing for you?
    xCrunchx wrote: »
    No love for us Zen of Sudoku supporters? :(

There were never any badges associated with Zen, so I'm not sure what love you are referring to?
    Zali wrote: »
    Probably should have gone with "paid for" rather than "earned".

That's not very fair to the people who have busted their guts to earn some of these badges.
    Roobubba wrote: »
    What the **** happened? I can only get 3 of my reinforced babbler badges at once now? Seriously WTF...

I'm sorry this change has upset you Roobubba - We (in hindsight, stupidly) did not anticipate a scenario where people would purchase more than one Reinforcement Program tier, much less use a huge string of badges in the game.

The badge redemption system was certainly not created with the intention of hindering the ability of Reinforcement Program supporters to show their support for the game. However, the interference such strings cause to the scoreboard was not acceptable, so something would have needed to be done eventually.