mf- Scrim / Match FPVOD Thread

male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
edited November 2013 in Competitive Play
Anyone interested in how 6v6 games work with full mumble voice comms. I'll try and leave comments on each match, but here are the ones I have so far...

League Matches

Ausns2 League - Week 6 - Descent - Ascension vs NP
Aliens
Marines

Ausns2 League - Week 7 - Caged - Ascension vs AUS
Aliens
Marines

Ausns2 League - Week 8 - Tram - Ascension vs Lord Mayor
Aliens
Marines

Scrims

Scrim 23/10/13 - Caged - Ascension vs Lord Mayor
Aliens
Marines
Comments: Quite close games, Lord Mayor most certainly won early and mid game for their marine round. They had the top side of the map capped and route blocked us in central processing & upper shipping. They made a crucial mistake of 2 marines pushing bypass to lower shipping, allowing a 5 man alien push on central processing to clear phase gate against 3 defenders. Their alien round they still struggle with skulks filing in 1 at a time

Scrim 23/10/13 - Tram - Ascension vs Lord Mayor
Aliens
Marines
Comments: Probably some of the best NS2 I've played in a while. Shows some good fade play against JP marines, how to drive by swipes on fade and beast marine play. Lord Mayor manage to take down one of our hives, but at the cost of map control as we just freely capped the left side. With so much TRES float, we could just freely drop hives over and over. You will notice in the video's the effort ascension make in regards to team positioning. We constantly make calls to retreat to meet up with other marines, or force aliens to engage in corridors. Best example is myself & intrik pushing north platforms, then retreating to server room. It keeps alien players having to stick around, but forces them to engage us in an optimal marine position.

Comments