No servers to join :(

LuckyStrikeLuckyStrike UK Join Date: 2013-11-04 Member: 188980Members
edited November 2013 in Technical Support
Hi all,

Since the last update (to build 259) I am unable to select a server to join as the server screen does not bring up any choices.

I've turned all of the filters on/off and tried creating my own game but neither has worked.

I have been able to join a game using the "quick start" option but as your probably aware this seems to connect exclusively to low population/high ping servers.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Have you any mods active currently?
  • TheKarvaTheKarva Join Date: 2011-06-13 Member: 104251Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I once had an invisible character in the name filter, took me forever to realize what was wrong. or atleast i assume that was the case since i clicked all the icons and checked what could be wrong etc and somehow it fixed itself after arrow + backspacing.. maybe worth a shot?
    "have you tried turning it off and on again? :P"
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Have you tried verifying your game cache?

Other than that the steam servers might have been slow. :-??
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Are you using a wireless router? I have this trouble over wireless, so I have to wire my pc for gaming purposes.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    Was this the 1st time your NS2 got an update - are you a new player?
    NS2.exe changes everytime the game gets updated, and everytime I have to grand it permissions through my firewall.
  • blackpiranhablackpiranha Germany Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Members, Constellation
    try setting skill to unlimited or make sure to have a low ping
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Do you know if you are able to connect to servers at all? Did you have any in your fav list at all?

Try to run in console (press ~): connect ns2.ibisgaming.com

If your not able to establish connections with servers in general and you not able to see the server list than your issue is likely a firewall blocking the ports.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Are you in the beta branch? Check the game properties in steam under the beta participation area.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts