Lets take NS2 to the next level! Write creative ideas here

RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
edited November 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Just brainstorming and came up with an idea while the batterys got sniped by 6 lerks across the map.

tvmy5Go.png

While we still talk about turrets - Had some other ideas from later in the post aswell that im adding here:

eCAGSMW.png

This one was just for lols

BWR0Ntu.png

Glue nade - makes puddle of gorgeweb type of stickyness 5 res for one:

SlLL6du.png

nuzFv60.png

Comments

• DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    Doubt that will ever get made officially, lol
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    I don't see how it would make the game more fun.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    haha it propably wont, but just gives you more options depending on what way you choose to play it.
    Flac turret that prevents umbra cloud within a big circle surrounding it would be useful to! Maby that would be something worth putting in your Main base for later.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Nice mashup though. :D
    yeah next one would propably be a grenade launcher sentry. Since battery is powering it, forget ninja phasegates...just set them up facing the hive lol
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have a hard time imagining that railturret staying on the ground.

tXtdqYb.gif

Now if we had flameturrets, that would be cool.
    the range on the flametrys would be a joke :P only place useful would be 3 and all facing the powernode just to be safe...

BWR0Ntu.png
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    edited November 2013
    I have a hard time imagining that railturret staying on the ground.
    tXtdqYb.gif

Now if we had flameturrets, that would be cool.

lol physics
    reminds me of this
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Maybe for a tower defense mod, but not for vanilla ns2. In fact, I'd probably quit the game if I was instagibbed by rail sentries.
    Thats is why you attack them from behind! :D
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I think the sentries are fine as they are. I like your mashups, though. I always said we should flamer sentries (and Exos) :D
  • AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Oh yes please! We definitely need more types of sentries.
    And stronger whips and arcs, since whips vs. arcs are the best and most fun battles in this game.
    Now that I am thinking about it, how about removing the annoying marines and aliens, that attack our precious commander controlled units?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited November 2013
    Anzestral wrote: »
    And stronger whips and arcs, since whips vs. arcs are the best and most fun battles in this game.
    Now that I am thinking about it, how about removing the annoying marines and aliens, that attack our precious commander controlled units?

We need different type of mines, too. Freeze mines. Flamewall mines (think alien swarm). Cluster mines.
    Apropos.

Grenades. Sticky grenades. Grenades with different payloads affecting damage dealt and throw-angle. Multicolored grenades.

edit: Freeze grenades. Throwback grenades. Antigrav grenades (or the opposite).
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Why can't I have 8 in-sync railguns on my jetpack marine?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Anzestral wrote: »
    Multicolored grenades.
    Rainbow grenades? The aliens might as well F4 straight away than :-?
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    The only proper way to "take sentries to the next level" is to remove them from the game :p

At least this way newbs won't rush for sentries, and nothing of value is lost.
    edited November 2013
    i still think dev team could come up with creative things to put in the game no matter how silly instead of adding more skins i mean no wonder the game has been laggy last cuple builds:
    female_flamethrower_view.model
    female_flamethrower_view_assault.model
    female_flamethrower_view_deluxe.model
    female_flamethrower_view_eliteassault.model
    female_flamethrower_view_special.model
    flamethrower_view.model
    flamethrower_view_assault.model
    flamethrower_view_deluxe.model
    flamethrower_view_eliteassault.model
    flamethrower_view_special.model

This alone is just for holding a flamer in first person! Then imagine all other wepons and models even for aliens.
    Should just stuck with the donator badges and focused on optimising the game rather than adding new skins requering around 35-50 mb per wepon!
  • B3rTB3rT Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183058Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    the only thing I can imagine for "better sentries" would be mountable sentries. So you have a heavy stationary machine gun any player can use. (and don't shoot at all if no player is controlling them)
    Bouncy grenades. Grenades which grant you a small scan (Scan Grenades). Offense buff grenades, for higher damage. Defense buff grenades, for armor regeneration.
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    Only if gorges get hydras that shoot onos stomp.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Where is the Rocket fist sentry?
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Remindes me of Teamfortress Classic. What was it? Upgradable turrets while banging it with the wrench. Nailgrenades, spikes, portable medikits...

youtube.com/watch?v=0Dp73-Y0-ak
    B3rT wrote: »
    the only thing I can imagine for "better sentries" would be mountable sentries. So you have a heavy stationary machine gun any player can use. (and don't shoot at all if no player is controlling them)

was thinking about that to be honest but could not bother making a platform to stand on and blue shield type of plasma screen infront of you that draws the crosshair at the same time.

• Al_BoboAl_Bobo Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183957Members
    Crotch -sentry upgrade for the exos (shoots different angles), Disco Ball -grenade that floats stationary and explodes doing shrapnel damage when skulks enter the dance floor, randomly exploding/malfunctioning jetpacks that costs only 5 res, alien nectar that makes aliens to move/bite faster until the withdrawal symptoms starts (convulsions, vomiting, mirror images,...) and to prevent that those junkie aliens need to drink the nectar more and more, improved parasite that burrows into marine's brain and enables friendly fire, gorge fart jump (double jump), louder gorge taunt for extra res cost etc.
    ......yup, this game is not ready yet.....
    edited November 2013
    well here is another idea then:
    Advance ARC to SentryARC - 10✣ Res

eCAGSMW.png

eliminates sculk biting when marines are out of position or dead (easy to bilebomb from behind unless you rotate 3 arcs to face in all directions)
    *pros
    Attacks
    Defends
    is Mobile
    Built in battery

*cons
    10% slower
    not attacking when unless deployed
    Timeable grenades. Earthquake grenades that only hit units on the floor but do double the damage. Flak grenades which explode mid air (vs lerks). Air freshener grenades (clear ink from shade and the lerk gasses).
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Fk turrets. I want a go-cart size mini-tank I can drive around that has the power to run over skulks if they are on the ground.
    #swag
    Timeable grenades. Earthquake grenades that only hit units on the floor but do double the damage. Flak grenades which explode mid air (vs lerks). Air freshener grenades (clear ink from shade and the lerk gasses).

Yeah fordprefect i agree just like i wrote earlyer in the post:
    Flac turret that prevents umbra cloud within a big circle surrounding it in base would be useful!
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    hahaha i laughed so hard here... :D
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    meh, lets just allow Comms to electrocute sentry batteries