Natural Selection 2 One Year Anniversary - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Mouse wrote: »
    I guess those changes to player collision haven't yet made it over from the beta mod?
    They did. Quite a few things are missing from that changelog

Complete changelog plz?
  • KrovakonKrovakon Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152332Members
    edited October 2013
    Hurray! More alien mobility nerfs!

Also: I was expecting something a bit.. better. For an anniversary. "Here's some new skins you need to drop $75 to get! Oh and a teaser for a new map!"
    You know we still never got those beta tester badges Charlie promised us over a year ago.
  • FAIL_MurdocFAIL_Murdoc Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187257Members, NS2 Playtester, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    Congratz UWE.
    I'm only with you since Gorgeous, but really enjoyed NS2 so far!
    Happy birthday NS2:)
  • jo.tossjo.toss Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164854Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold
    Eclipse is finally back baby!! Early Christmas presents, UWE you shouldn't have!
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    edited October 2013
    Krovakon wrote: »
    Hurray! More alien mobility nerfs!

Also: I was expecting something a bit.. better. For an anniversary. "Here's some new skins you need to drop $75 to get! Oh and a teaser for a new map!"
    You know we still never got those beta tester badges Charlie promised us over a year ago.

What did they nerf on the Aliens? I only hoped in a game to try the strafe jumping.

Congrats to the UWE team.
  • DarkOmenDarkOmen Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7148Members
    edited October 2013
    Ugh, well... hmm.

D3D11 gives me around 75 fps, while D3D9 gives me 30. Problem is, the game crashes to black in D3D11 as soon as I bring up the server browser (if not sooner while idling in the menu).

Oh UWE, why do you tease me so? :D

EDIT: Nm, game stutters in both D3D9 and D3D11 (like rendering context is getting dropped or something), only it doesn't recover in D3D11. Can't seem to play this build.
    EDIT2: Reinstalled, and it seems much improved.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    The Shadow skins appear selected by default in the menu, but they do not take effect by default - you have to switch the setting off and on again.
  • MewSkittyMewSkitty Join Date: 2012-12-01 Member: 173805Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    CONGRATS!!! And i must say im happy to play this game :D Its full of tense and competitions
    I bought this game on november and once i launched this game - i knew instantly i must play this game with competitive community
    So far i havent regret of doing so :)

I'll support this game forever!!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am quite please with my shadow gorge and shadow lerk
  • ionfluxionflux Join Date: 2012-11-24 Member: 173039Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    who do i contact? upgraded (read: paid) the badge from diamond but still don't see any update on my end! yes, i added the "game" to my steam library
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    "removed marine dodge jump"
    YES
    YES YES!
  • OuchOfDeathOuchOfDeath Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182825Members
    Does anyone else notice a compression artifact in the rifle fire sound? It's pretty annoying.
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Congrats team! I've been along for the whole journey and still love it from the first day I played NS1 over 10 years ago.

Keep up the great work!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited October 2013
    Eclipse looks great! Happy birthday

edit: did we skip b259?
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I made a thread on r/games, please upvote it, might bring in some new players and old ones that dont follow ns2 news closely :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/

(no direct link, reddit detects them and downvotes to compensate for those direct link upvotes).
  • CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Props to the UWE team! Here's to another year for NS2... cheers!
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Props to UWE and Hugh! My favorite devs out there! :D

Happy Birthday!
  • DraconisDraconis Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13722Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Just played a quick 5mn this morning to test out fades. Has swipe damage changed? I felt as if blink initial adrenaline cost is lower.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    I love this game! so much was done. And so much to come! You Guys at UWE are great! at first i was skeptical about the sequel (will it blend!?! will it be so good as the predecessor?) but it is way better! Im a happy black armor user and i can say this game tripled my expectations! worth every penny.
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Happy Birthday Natural Selection!
    11 years of unmatched Alien vs. Marine action. Impressive.
    Looking forward to the next UWE Masterpiece, hopefully in the NS universe. ;)
  • ZalamaelZalamael Join Date: 2013-08-18 Member: 186949Members
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I whish I could be more positive about the announcements, but I have to highlight this for my own good as stressed player :P

B258 top section: "First and foremost, our aim has been the reduce the incidence of crashes for users on 32-bit operating systems. Such crashes should be much, much less frequent now – Though we are not declaring total victory yet." -I expected a short update on this matter for B259. Is the victory achieved or are you set back by adding even more player models to the game?

And please make Eclipse playable and not a 2nd biodome performance wise. I coudn't forgive you a beautiful eclipse that runs like a beta (biodome is unplayable (b258) for me - every other map is a charme though). Btw, did B259 improve Biodome?
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Happy Birthday from me aswell, can't wait to hop in tonight to test all the new stuff. I'm very pleased with what you've done so far. I felt a little pessimistic from the recent news and posts about state of the game, it all been washed away with this one.
    It really feels that UWE is connected to its playerbase and listen to its voices here in the forum and elsewhere, eventhough it can be a lot of complaining, nagging, demanding, bickering and so on.
    Man again im really happy of what you guys are doing, looking forward to future development (eclipse, yay) Thanks a lot!

@ionflux
    who do i contact? upgraded (read: paid) the badge from diamond but still don't see any update on my end! yes, i added the "game" to my steam library
    Try this one: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/redeem-badges. Also see your humble bundle link, maybe you missed something there.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    I whish I could be more positive about the announcements, but I have to highlight this for my own good as stressed player :P

B258 top section: "First and foremost, our aim has been the reduce the incidence of crashes for users on 32-bit operating systems. Such crashes should be much, much less frequent now – Though we are not declaring total victory yet." -I expected a short update on this matter for B259. Is the victory achieved or are you set back by adding even more player models to the game?

And please make Eclipse playable and not a 2nd biodome performance wise. I coudn't forgive you a beautiful eclipse that runs like a beta (biodome is unplayable (b258) for me - every other map is a charme though). Btw, did B259 improve Biodome?

We tested the game thoroughly in "32 bit mode" (as in preventing the game from using more than 2 GB even on 64 bit OS for testing purposes) and nobody seemed to encounter any crashes.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Happy birthday! It feels like it's been longer, though that's primarily because it's almost the two years anniversary since I got into the beta. That and some of my memories might actually be from NS1. :D Looking forward to what the next year brings!
  • TerrorROTerrorRO Romania Join Date: 2011-07-17 Member: 110769Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • Al_BoboAl_Bobo Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183957Members
    Thank you for making this game so awesome. In my 25 years of gaming, I have rarely found anything so addictive as NS2. Just yesterday I had a great time with a complelety random player who I teamed up with for the whole game and everything worked like clockwork. It's moments like those, when this game shines brighter than any other.
    Happy birthday for NS2!
  • NemeNeme Join Date: 2006-11-29 Member: 58771Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    "Removed marine dodge jump" -> Marine Nerfed!!!!

Happy birthday UWE :)
  • ionfluxionflux Join Date: 2012-11-24 Member: 173039Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    Happy Birthday from me aswell, can't wait to hop in tonight to test all the new stuff. I'm very pleased with what you've done so far. I felt a little pessimistic from the recent news and posts about state of the game, it all been washed away with this one.
    It really feels that UWE is connected to its playerbase and listen to its voices here in the forum and elsewhere, eventhough it can be a lot of complaining, nagging, demanding, bickering and so on.
    Man again im really happy of what you guys are doing, looking forward to future development (eclipse, yay) Thanks a lot!

@ionflux
    Try this one: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/redeem-badges. Also see your humble bundle link, maybe you missed something there.

@_INTER_

i had redeemed the forum and ingame badges as given in the humble link. people can see my shadow gorge and shadow lerk, but i'm still shown as a diamond badge on the score tab. i have subsequently tried the link above and received the following confirmation:

Success! Badges transfered from ionflux. Next time you join a server your badges will be visible next to your name.

however, i'm still seeing my diamond badge in forums and in game. i have also connected to other servers to be sure.