Deleting a mod

VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
edited October 2013 in Modding
To get proving grounds running, i tried to delete all my mods.

So, I deleted all the content of the workshop folder in roaming> Natural Selection 2. There was still one mod listed, though: Commander's bible. Strange thing is: This is actually a guide from the workshop. So, I de-faved the guide - It didn't work. After some messing around, I faved and de-faved the guide and voilá - the mod was gone in the list.

However, another mod appeared - @Sewlek's Faction Assets mod. The game insists that I subscribed to the mod, which I never did. Actually subscribing to the mod only creates another entry in the list, named the same.

As the game keeps giving me error messages about not finding "game files of subscribed mod faction assets", i have to get rid of that list entry somehow.

But how?

edit: I verified files already. And I would like to avoid a reinstall.

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I verified again and now it turned into Factions Alpha! wth...
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I have passed my mod out to a number of people, and they all have one problem or another launching the game. The single biggest problem is active mods that are not compatible with my mod, that being pretty much every mod in existence, as they are designed for NS2.

Is there a code way I can force all mods to be turned off when my mod is activated?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    SteamDir\userdata\Your NS2 ID\4920\remote\options.xml

In there you should see a list of any mod the game thinks you have installed/or subscribed to, and you can delete them from there.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Thank you ^:)^

I'm gonna try this immediately.
    All I found was this
    <mods>
            <active_mods></active_mods>
        </mods>

And it was empty.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited October 2013
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Is there a code way I can force all mods to be turned off when my mod is activated?

@Soul_Rider add this to main.lua:
        local deactivatedMods = false
        for s = 1, Client.GetNumMods() do
           if Client.GetIsModActive(s) and Client.GetModTitle(s) ~= "YOUR MOD" then
                Client.SetModActive(s, false)
                deactivatedMods = true
           end
        end

if deactivatedMods then
            // restart so no mods are loaded
           Client.RestartMain()
        end

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @JimWest You are a genius :D Thank you :D
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Unfortunately you might have a problem with steamcloud then, or its possible there is somewhere else mods get stored. You might try turning off steam cloud for NS2 and seeing if that fixes the issue, then trying to re-enable it to force a sync.