Ability to Delete Units (Macs/Arcs/Drifters)

Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited October 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Sometimes Arcs, Macs, and Drifters get stuck to where they simply wont go anywhere and they are a complete waste of unit. There needs to be a way to kill off these units as a commander in the event of them getting stuck. Or is there a way to already do this that I don't know about?

Comments

• maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    I don't see why you couldn't recycle a mac/arc... Under the same conditions as all other structures.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Are these units getting stuck in places in the map that they can't get out of or are they just unresponsive? If they are just unresponsive try selecting something else, changing commander menus, or even leaving the chair/hive and getting back in to see if that helps. I personally havn't had any macs or arcs get stuck but my drifters get "stuck" all the time. Doing those things have helped.

But if you do have leftever arcs, macs, and drifters that you can move around and want to get rid of them you can always send them on a suicide run into enemy territory, they won't come back. :D
  • Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2013
    I'm not exactly saying recycled because that brings some controversy into the topic. And I have spent well over 100 hours commanding in this game, so let me be very clear... They get stuck, as in they can't get out of a specific area. This does happen more frequently with drifters than anything else yes, but it also happens with arcs and macs.

I had it happen to several arcs one time when their path was blocked by a structure. When I recycled the structure it was as if they thought there was still a structure there and they were unresponsive other than doing 180's back and forth. Drifters frequently get stuck in walls, pits, or trenches, and they 'forget' how they got there in the first place.
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I know how that feel. I had a drifter all of a sudden fly it's way to the roof and got stuck.... couldn't get him back down.
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've had drifters go through the floor or ceiling but I've never had a drifter or mac be unresponsive and unmovable. Drifters seem to be easily confused and disoriented but never permanently stuck. ARCs are just plain stupid and try to go places they shouldn't when they damn well know better than to fall in the hole/corner on the east side of Fabrication (one instance where they became "unresponsive").
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'd love to see a MAC pull itself apart as a form of self destruction.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    ^ on that note, when you vote conceded there should be an animation where you pull your pistol out, put it to your head, and pull the trigger...
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I think that'd bump the rating of the game up, as funny as some of us would find that. Some weird people would think that is "dark".