Error setting up NSL server

SaladsSalads California Join Date: 2013-05-02 Member: 185086Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
edited October 2013 in Server Discussion
EDIT: I found out the problem was a few syntax errors in the JSON config files for the server. I ran them through JSONLint and it lit those errors up like a christmas tree. Everything works fine now!

A few seconds after the server loads, I get this error:
Error: lua/nsl_tournamentmode_server.lua:135: Attempt to call global 'SendAllClientsMessage' (a nil value)
Call Stack:
#1: MonitorCountDown lua/nsl_tournamentmode_server.lua:135
#2: UpdatePregame lua/nsl_tournamentmode_server.lua:150
self = NS2Gamerules-3884{}
#3: lua/NS2Gamerules.lua:1001
self = NS2Gamerules-3884{}

So far it looks like it makes it so people can't type "ready" to ready up and all that; none of the nsl chat notifications pop up. could this be a lua bug on the nsl mod side? Or can it be something i can fix myself?

Pic of that mass spam error:
k03D2cb.png

So far, i've triple checked that the server config files are the same as instructed here:
http://www.ensl.org/articles/737

I use a text file to add to the command line options of server.exe
http://pastebin.com/jTyHDEMA

I have also unsubscribed to any unnecessary mods and deleted all physical folders in my %Appdata% NS2 Workshop files so they can be redownloaded fresh. Currently the only mod I have besides the ones described in the NSL server setup guide is my own Crosshair mod which only contains the crosshair.dds files

pls help ;_;

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Seems like a lua issue of the NSL Mod or some files missing
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Yea the NSL mod will automatically change some server config settings, and if there is an error with your JSON formatting it would cause problems.. I can probably move that function to the end of the file so that all the other logic gets loaded first, which should let things work mostly normal, even if there is that problem.
  • SaladsSalads California Join Date: 2013-05-02 Member: 185086Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    I think it's just fine, it's my fault for not getting the syntax right for the JSON files anyway, and i'd rather have an error pop up if i did something wrong in the server config files :D