Voting is stupid

Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
Why is it you need everyone voting for something like map change?

I think as long as you have just over half the players voting that should be enough, it's quite pathetic when you get lots of votes only to have it fail, fix it please.

Comments

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Ah.. another person who doesn't care about the man running the country
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Someone's upset that they can't get that last conceded...
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    ezekel wrote: »

What if they were both idiots :P
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Nazo wrote: »

ron paul, for a better tomorrow
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    It's sometimes annyoing, but I don't think there is a need to change the current voting system.
    Representative democracy ftw?
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    This should have been a poll. (And in game voting % can be set by server ops)
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Nazo wrote: »

ron paul, for a better tomorrow

I like Ron Paul too, but to be honest, he dosent stand a snowballs chance in hell
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Some servers pick a random map if mapvote receives less than, for an example, 6 votes. "ns_veil got 4 votes, but the minimum required is 6. Changing to next map in map queue." Dunno what that's all about.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Some servers pick a random map if mapvote receives less than, for an example, 6 votes. "ns_veil got 4 votes, but the minimum required is 6. Changing to next map in map queue." Dunno what that's all about.

And the funny thing is: almost always it's the map the people voted for.

(Not statistically true, but feels like it)
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    ron paul would have been the best thing for the country
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    People who do not cast a vote should be counted as abstentions instead of being defaulted to "no."
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    edited October 2013
    Concede voting is fine, all other in game voting is not. Count non-voters as a fourth weight against the actual voters. Calculate new minimum vote success rate in this fashion.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is this a thread about NS2 voting or American politics? I ask because fun/funny topic than the other.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Electr0 wrote: »

I think as long as you have just over half the players voting that should be enough, it's quite pathetic when you get lots of votes only to have it fail, fix it please.

Servers with Shine Admin voting = better voting
  • ricky87ricky87 pakistan Join Date: 2013-10-08 Member: 188634Members
    Agreed with mass Someone's upset that they can't get that last conceded... good commenting
  • MasterBatMasterBat Join Date: 2013-09-30 Member: 188533Members
    If you don't vote, it's really your fault. When people want to reset a game because of a troll comm, or anything similar, they should get the vote if they have the majority.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think a lot of the time votes fail because people haven't loaded into the game yet and someone starts a vote.
    Buy a SSD hard drive peoples! :)
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow

The vote system is already majority wins (>50% yes) based on number of connected players. That is, players you can see on the scoreboard.

What can happen is a player may connect in the last few seconds of vote countdown, dropping the vote % down just below 50%.

So yea, nothing is really bugged or broken here.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Guys, keep the politics in the Discussion Forum.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    elodea wrote: »

The vote system is already majority wins (>50% yes) based on number of connected players. That is, players you can see on the scoreboard.

What can happen is a player may connect in the last few seconds of vote countdown, dropping the vote % down just below 50%.

This issue isn't with the system being imagined as bugged or broken
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    aeroripper wrote: »

KILL HIM HE'S WITH THE LANNISTERS
    edited October 2013

ok cheif :P
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members

KILL HIM HE'S WITH THE LANNISTERS

Here Me Roar!

Lannister for Lyfe!
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    elodea wrote: »

"Working as intended."
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    edited October 2013
    I want it to work as long as we have 50% of players voting, ones who don't vote don't count as no, all that matters is those who voted, if we have 10 players on the server and only 5 bother to vote, 3 of them yes and 2 of them no, the 3 who voted yes should win and the map changes, pretty simple but as it is currently if not enough vote it just fails.

At the moment even if we have like 70% of players on the server voting and the majority vote yes it still fails which is pretty pathetic.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    UWE voting has always been awful, they have improved it slightly over the last couple of builds, mainly stopping people from spamming the same vote over and over but overall it is still pretty bad.

I disable it on my servers, use Shine Admin instead.