Unlocking player limit?

morbidarmorbidar Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72660Members
Basically I have spent over a days time trying unlock the dreaded 24 player limit, Before it is said, I do understand
why it is in fact there but this system runs a hefty clock in my freezer of a room and has no problems running 30 tick
capped at 24/24.

Not only do I believe it should run it but I am also getting a lot of requests for it, Even with all of my googling
and forum searches all I can find is for older builds and the like of no use to me. Does anyone here know exactly
what to hex in this newer build to allow for 32 players?

Thanks for your time, I really didn't want to have to make another limit post...

Comments

• shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    I believe that is up to the server hoster, and it should cost more money with more slots.
  • morbidarmorbidar Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72660Members
    I am the server host, I just can't find the info to do it.
  • RoflcopterV22RoflcopterV22 Arizona Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184616Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    My suggestion would be PMing an op of a 25+ server on the forums, via email, or their community forums, they would probably help you out, I personally have no clue though.
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    1. Get a hex editor that lets you search by hex (like HxD)
    2. Open Server.exe
    3. Search > Find (Or Ctrl + F)
    4. Change "Datatype" to "Hex-Values"
    5. Search for "05 83 F8 18 7E" (without quotes)
    6. Search again after that hit is found just to make sure that is the only occurrence of the pattern
    7. If it is found, change that last 7E part to EB. (05 83 F8 18 EB)
    8. Save

That pattern should work for most updates until they change that part of the code. If it ever stops working, PM/email me so I can find the new pattern. Use this at your own risk. Remember not to try this on your game client or you may risk a VAC ban. Always try to do this edit yourself (i.e, don't trust modified binaries from other people). Only do this if your server can handle the extra slots. Most people won't know that the game wasn't designed for >24 players and they will blame UWE for bad performance.
  • morbidarmorbidar Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72660Members
    Camron wrote: »
    1. Get a hex editor that lets you search by hex (like HxD)
    2. Open Server.exe
    3. Search > Find (Or Ctrl + F)
    4. Change "Datatype" to "Hex-Values"
    5. Search for "05 83 F8 18 7E" (without quotes)
    6. Search again after that hit is found just to make sure that is the only occurrence of the pattern
    7. If it is found, change that last 7E part to EB. (05 83 F8 18 EB)
    8. Save

That pattern should work for most updates until they change that part of the code. If it ever stops working, PM/email me so I can find the new pattern. Use this at your own risk. Remember not to try this on your game client or you may risk a VAC ban. Always try to do this edit yourself (i.e, don't trust modified binaries from other people). Only do this if your server can handle the extra slots. Most people won't know that the game wasn't designed for >24 players and they will blame UWE for bad performance.

Thanks man, It was your posts n such I had seen that on but for whatever reason it
    didn't seem to work. Oh well, Could have been due to my first time using HxD and I didn't do something right the first few times perhaps.

Worked fine this time though knowing for sure what I had to do and all is fine now.
    Again thank you very much. ;D
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    Has anyone figured out how to get around the 24 player limit for the linux server version?
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I don't understand how people learn how to use hex editors, there's so much you can do with them that's 'unspoken', I tried to learn once and got lost, it's equivalent to solving puzzles
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    ezekel wrote: »
    it's equivalent to solving puzzles
    That's why people get so good at them.