ns2_uplift

2»

Comments

• FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    And I can enjoy the Sunday night vibe while I'm in the hospital. \o/ You're helping me heal faster with these, Daan. :D
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    And I can enjoy the Sunday night vibe while I'm in the hospital. \o/ You're helping me heal faster with these, Daan. :D

How much longer do you expect to be stuck in the hospital?
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    There's no clear ETA, my release depends on mytical factors only visible to my wizards doctors. Could be a few more weeks, maybe a little less.
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fun match. Silly gorges tunneled up on the Shaft pillar. XD
    "Save my shotgun!"
    "Um...we can't." :(

L43HBEe.jpg
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    ITS EASY, just crouch and reach!
  • Dr_RandomDr_Random Join Date: 2013-04-18 Member: 184884Members
    Ha! This is the NS2 equivalent of losing something between the couch cushions, isn't it?
    Updatelift (finally)! Nothing too huge, but some changes in Control Room and annex, along with a sight blocker in Service Entrance. I'm hoping to make control room somewhat less awkward to defend, what with it being at a height disadvantage. To that end I added a couple of pillars and arches that will hopefully force attacking exos etc. to move in just a bit more to get an effective shot. Also there's a couple of pseudo-parapets on the wings to help with the height disadvantage. Not sure how good of an idea they are though, so I'd like to hear opinions on them (or whether I'm obsessing over a non-problem.)

Relevant images: http://imgur.com/a/147qL
    Playtest Sundays: Creepy Green Giant (ns2_uplift, Sep 1st, 2013)
    This week on Upliftdate: the editor crashes a lot in an attempt to give DrRandom an aneurysm, biodome props are fun to play with, and Gilligan tries to build a tech point out of nothing but bananas. Landing Pad, Phlebotinum, and the hall out of Lobby got hit with the update stick this week. All are prettier, and should Ideally be more interesting to play. Also, certain map elements have been made "Flaterectomy Friendly" based on feedback from the last playtest (see daan's post above).

Relevant pics: http://imgur.com/a/Hb8HI
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    you should check your map again as com view. all the new areas you made have stuff blocking the view. hangar and the storage is the ones you have more problems
    Whoops, fixed. Thanks Rellik!
    Pardon my play, I was dazed and confused.
    Upliftdate! Added a bunch of detail in the hall next to maintenance, some detail in fuel room, and a couple other small tweaks here and there. Also swapped out all the dev textures for temporary stand-ins because of editor issues. Also, the vent from lobby to west junction has moved, and should be a little more useful than being a different path to directly in front of a marine. I'm curious to see if it imbalances things another way or not.

Relevant images: http://imgur.com/a/rrxob
    No longer greyboxed?! It's not Uplift anymore! :( :P
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Cannot wait to play this really liking the look in those pictures. Since i missed sunday i need a full night of ns!
    Well lucky for you Troop, I totally bricked it on Sunday. So you didn't miss any actual play on it, just evidence of me punching holes in my own map :D. (Should be fixed this week.)
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Those images look great! I'll see if I can get online to play it on Sunday. :)
    I'm not playing with a trackpad, honest!
    A long overdue upliftdate this weekend (posting now because I may not have time before Sunday). Work has been a bit intense lately, so even though it's been a while, most of the updates this round are relatively minor retexturings and relightings (and maybe a prop or two) done in short increments over the last couple weeks.

http://imgur.com/a/9aSMK
    ^ Relevant pics, not all of them of new stuff because a) I was taking a bunch of pictures in spectator mode anyway for the workshop page and b) I don't remember exactly what is new or not :D.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    More wicked stuff from the doctor! Uplift is a great map and it needs to be in the coming custom cup. Everyone up-vote this beast of a map :D
    Loki discovered that you can still arc Lobby from Parts Room, provided you have the robotics factory exit into the fence. Making the area behind the fence commander invisible should do the trick.

Gpp7KId.jpg
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Why do so many mappers update their maps but not their forum thread....

Good Dr!

Here is this weeks playtest from my POV...

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Often the room name display for the commander is wrong. I recommend extending the location entities or lowering the commander camera.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Hop last sunday's playtest :
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Didnt record an amazing game last week, but this was still good!

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts