NSL Gathers

13»

Comments

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    biz wrote: »
    ReeelaxO wrote: »
    why isnt any1 playing these anymore`?

I'm just 1 person, but in my experience more and more gathers were about some 12th pick not showing up and being replaced by some high-skill merc

Yes, quite often some unknown new ENSL account 12th man would mysteriously drop out to be replaced by one of a handful of usual suspects...
  • AchillesAchilles Join Date: 2013-04-20 Member: 184907Members
    How are the gathers doing? I've joined up, but imagine from some other comments that getting into one solo could take days or weeks? I was wondering if they regained some popularity after b255, 256.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    not really, you get the odd one going now and again, not enough people interested in playing them really as most rather get games with there teams etc, would be nice to see them back again as playingh pubs during the day gets annoying easy :)
  • MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Gathers are not as popular as they used to be months ago, but you can get 12 people on it by spamming your friend list :)

Try adding the regulars to friends :D
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    the issue is that no gather are played atm, so people dont check the side anymore.
    people who waited for hours with out seeing anyone else join wont use the side for gathers again.

if u get like 20 ppl playing all day and make some advertisment for gathers. The gathers would run again.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    it would benefit from ingame notifications.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    kalakuja wrote: »
    it would benefit from ingame notifications.
    it should be added to ingame as a feature ;)

Yeah I just missed my first one after waiting for a few days xD the music only plays when you actually have the site open, doesn't it? Not very helpful, but it did play when I opened the page back up lol.
    Going to double post here, but wanted to make a suggestion for some info on how to join servers through IP address in console, and ask if that's the only way to join gather servers?

There's zero information on how to do this, on the ENSL site, no instructions, nothing on official or steam forums either. The only thing that eventually helped me was looking up console commands on the ns2 wiki and eventually just figuring it out. Not very user friendly, but I think this comes from most people already knowing how to use console from other games.

It's pretty obscure and a bit complicated, especially having to alt-tab to type in the stupid address because of no copy+paste and the format for typing in the password, which I've messed up several times.

A bit about how to join servers outside of the server browser would be great, and if console is the main way to do this. I know there are also outside websites that have NS2 server lists, and this could also benefit from some explanation.
    Wow thread sure is popular! :D First gather, once I finally managed it, was great. The players were very helpful in getting me started, and the games went smoothly.

My only complaints are about the server joining as I stated above, and the obvious lack of players. It seems like the guys playing are regulars and all know each other, so I felt a little alienated *da dum chish* but not a big deal at all. I can imagine they've been playing together for awhile with few to no new players, and I'm sure if I stick around long enough they'll either adopt me or eat me.

I'm going to try and play regularly and see where I can go from there. Thanks guys, hope we get some more people trying gathers. It really is a different NS2 experience if you've never played competitively.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Had quite a few gathers going this morning, and it's been ages since I've done it but they were all fantastic games. Some close, some not that close but still fun and not at all a stomp. SO MUCH BETTER THAN PUBBING! :)
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Myself and other players suggested to add lifeforms next to the players' names, to avoid some balance issues.
    The biggest issue is usually to find a commander, but sometimes you end up with a team of lerks, or fades, or no lifeforms, which is kind of a pain.

This might not be THE solution, but it might help in the end, so what do you guys think ?
    Great idea. 1 flaw. Not enough players playing in the gathers. Always the same players, never anyone new
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    It's been about 2 months since I first joined the NSL gathers. Still cannot figure out who plays what.
    And there are some new players from time to time, but they rarely stay. NSL gathers are much more like a skill contest than actual matches. No teamplay most of the time. Maybe that's why people leave. That's actually why several people I know don't want to join NSL gathers...
  • SephySephy Join Date: 2014-09-05 Member: 198270Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited February 2015
    Gathers are pretty active these times, every players are encouraged to join the flow of new players since the beginning of the newcomers tournament. If you want to play or discover the competitive way of playing, just join :)
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2015
    For some reason I can't connect to my eNSL account. I did try "FORGOT PASSWORD?" thrice without success (I get the email, but the temp-password doesn't even work. It doesn't matter if I use my account or my email or anything else as user name, the login doesn't work. I tried both "enter"@password and the login button). I last logged over 1 year ago.

Is rantology taking care of the website ? Or just overviews eNSL in general ? If none of those who should I be PM'ing ?

Thanks,

Red
    @Redsword Try PM'ing @Yaluzan he maybe able to help, or even direct to who ever is handling the site now, as staff have just cahnged around again, i think its simple that it looking after the site..
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2015
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    @Redsword Try PM'ing @Yaluzan he maybe able to help, or even direct to who ever is handling the site now, as staff have just cahnged around again, i think its simple that it looking after the site..

Thank you.

EDIT : It seems the problem comes from Chrome, even clear cache & hard reload doesn't allow me to connect. First try successful in Firefox

RE-EDIT : Session cookies............... wtf no expiration ?