It just feels wrong

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

Mineshaft
What about never have it as a first hive.
cons are:
-WJ is much more difficult starting from this hive to any destination.
-If marine have Repair... you gonna have a hard time. Gulp.
-When you have Cave you are bound to do Shift hive fist. because running... you will. Which is wrong as there no surprise when marine know what hive is it. The only asset that can make choose Shade (sic) or Crag is proper use of tunnel. But again only one valid set of spots that any decent player knows... ...
-As we only have whips (and not Offense Chambers) it is ""UN-DEFENDABLE"" against any JP that knows the job and worse if it is a FT...
-Who said GL?... ...

Tested and seen on some server where you have some good clan members making a little "warm up". We still fight but all know it's over. This hive sux big poles terribly.

What about changing cardinality? North-south becomes East-West
-Marine start at Repair or Cave.
-Alien at Sorting or Deposit.

Flame Thrower
Why the hell it disable everything ? Crag, shift, Drifters... everything stop breathing when a flame damage is in there. Totally frustrating as a khammander. There is no counter what so ever. You just look...

Add to that lag issues... If the room has a high ceiling; 2 Lerks and a Fade won't get the JP down until the whole marine team enters the hive. These players on both side were truly good players. Alien are supposed to be better with big rooms. Actually it is exactly the contrary.

I was not on top of the scene all the time but the Blue-steel did die from a Babbler... A gorge got back at hive. I mean; what are the odds for this to happen ? FT is just wrong.

I can understand why devs included it in the game as a testing thing and as an answer to the whiners who lost their teat. But you have to give a little something to alien for being able to counter it. The joke doesn't make people laugh any more (marine included sometimes). And i'm not talking about combat...

Please remove.

Comments

• CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    You never directly mentioned it, but for the first part of your post I'm guessing you're talking about Cave start for aliens. Is this correct?

And yes, FTs currently are a jack-of-all-trades weapon. Currently their only weakness is a lack of burst damage.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Flame Thrower
    Why the hell it disable everything ? Crag, shift, Drifters... everything stop breathing when a flame damage is in there. Totally frustrating as a khammander. There is no counter what so ever. You just look...
    Gorge spray: heals you, heals teammates, heals structures, damages marines, extinguishes flames.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Alien are supposed to be better with big rooms.

nope
  • B3rTB3rT Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183058Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ezekel wrote: »
    my my I'm disappointed

I thought this was going to be a sex thread

hoped for some gorge fantasy? ;)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    B3rT wrote: »
    my my I'm disappointed

Pictures... in my mind... gah o.O
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    my my I'm disappointed

do those pictures feature gorge "tunnels"?
    my my I'm disappointed

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

stahp!
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    my my I'm disappointed

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

stahp!

I love how those gorge "tunnels" spread infestation, don't you? ;)
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    xen32 wrote: »
    Flame Thrower
    Gorge spray: heals you, heals teammates, heals structures, damages marines, extinguishes flames.

No enough with LVL 3/3 even 2/2. And it only stall damage, before the whole marine team invade. I guess it's 10 seconds more agony on the hive. It doesn't unlock the thing whatever the teammates effort to kill the firefly.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    CD121 wrote: »
    You never directly mentioned it, but for the first part of your post I'm guessing you're talking about Cave start for aliens. Is this correct?

And yes, FTs currently are a jack-of-all-trades weapon. Currently their only weakness is a lack of burst damage.

Yeah Cave... what else could it be ?
    You see. Without mentioning it you know it's a crappy hive.

nope

Way. Lerk is a bird, ok a Nanobird... Fade and blink...
    Jetpack doesn't offer that much maneuverability

nope

Way. Lerk is a bird, ok a Nanobird... Fade and blink...
    Jetpack doesn't offer that much maneuverability

A majority of the time you run around as skulk. Your move.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    Not specific to the big room disagreement but if the majority of your team are skulks vs jetpacks chances are aliens already lost...
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    BentRing wrote: »
    Not specific to the big room disagreement but if the majority of your team are skulks vs jetpacks chances are aliens already lost...

2 Lerks and 1 fade should do the trick with proper alien. And they were.