UWE's Next Step with NS2

CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
So reinforced is out and *most* related bugs have been fixed along with it. As well, Sewlek and his BT have (seemingly) gone officially MIA. With that- what can we expect next?

This is not a complaint thread, just a fan wondering where UWE is going to take one of his favorite games of all time next. :)

So go on and get speculating, I want to hear it!

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2013
    Except sewlek isn't missing in action :-O he's now working on NS2 officially, BT mod hasn't been incorporated into NS2 just for shits and giggles ya know :P

Oh oh and not to be completely off-topic. I'm crossing my fingers for purple pants for my Fade and Gorge Belly Bounce... *runs off*
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I think he wants to know, now that BT seems to be no longer public, what balance/gameplay changes can we expect in coming patches, or is it all spit and shine from here on out.

I do truly hope for increased performance on all fronts (especially server related)

Edit:

Also, maybe they will find some use for the animation that plays around 0:30

I'm thinking it makes babblers hyper-aggressive (and accurate) to any nearby marines, while also reducing damage from ranged attacks.

DUCK AND COVER, GORGE!
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    What else could they add into the game? It already has (mostly) everything NS1 had and then some.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Metabolize and the central restructuring of the 2nd hive's dynamic importance
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    It would be great if there were no more changes until the end of the season :P

But maybe changes in the tech tree. I like the strafe jump (it made me work on my skulk play more and helps marines with no armor).
  • ChemChem Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2555Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    mattji104 wrote: »
    Metabolize and the central restructuring of the 2nd hive's dynamic importance

And bring back the NS 3.0 Fades? You're out of your mind.
  • CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Except sewlek isn't missing in action :-O he's now working on NS2 officially, BT mod hasn't been incorporated into NS2 just for shits and giggles ya know :P

Knowledge is power.

• NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I'd Like to see infestation be improved to work how they originally intended it too

I swear I read it would cover the floors/walls and smooth them out to make them easier for skulks to walk/run on

And even though we have the power node system, it would still be cool if infestation could "mature" and infest all the way to the ceiling, blocking out lights
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the HMG to be released.

*braces for onslaught of disagrees* hehe
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited September 2013
    Daphisto wrote: »

I would agree, but we just had a big content update

Maybe sometime in the distant future

(The "Nostalgia" update, feature remade NS2_Eclipse and HMG, Knives, NS1 style alien models for Beta/Alpha/Deluxe people -insert other amazing stuff-)
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow

Heavy suit HMG meet Exo suit...

Would have loved it for nostalgia purposes, but don't count on HMGs coming back...
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well they mentioned ns2_discovery sometime in the past. So it's suspected that there will be one more content patch or just a mapadd patch.

But the next step... bug fixes & improvement, make that NS2 mods never break again and of course, balance and tweaking.

Enough spekulatius for me today. ;)
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    Next is onos devour.
  • SmashITSmashIT Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185504Members
    Benson wrote: »
    Also, maybe they will find some use for the animation that plays around 0:30

I'm thinking it makes babblers hyper-aggressive (and accurate) to any nearby marines, while also reducing damage from ranged attacks.

DUCK AND COVER, GORGE!

All babblers run at the nearest marine targets and do a mini xenocide each at it.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
  • EucomolhamasEucomolhamas Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183841Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @deathshroud and multi-team matches in huge maps!

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Zen of Sudoku mod that replaces the minimap with Zen of Sudoku 2: The Sudokening
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow

I don't mind NS1 elements being brought back, but there needs to be a need for them to come back, not just a nostalgic desire. If something returns, it should be because something about NS2's gameplay necessitates its return, not just because it was in NS1 so hey, let's put it in here too.

Frankly, I can't see why NS2 would need to have the HMG. I just don't think it's really a need.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    SmashIT wrote: »
    All babblers run at the nearest marine targets and do a mini xenocide each at it.

I would like to see this.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    As I've said before, I would love to see the toolset get some love. While modding/mapping/modeling is possible in NS2, its a much more frustrating experience than it could be.

They are...they are... slowly :)
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Time to work on better performance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688
    They're currently looking for a 3D artist who can do "both indoor and outdoor environments"... NS3 confirmed maybe!?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Reeke wrote: »
    They're currently looking for a 3D artist who can do "both indoor and outdoor environments"... NS3 confirmed maybe!?

Bit soon for any kind of NS3. Plus, Environment artists are normally taken on when a project has at least some programming done.

Liam (a UWE environment artist) recently left and started working for Creative Assembly in the UK. They need someone to carry on the work :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688
    Obraxis wrote: »

Bit soon for any kind of NS3. Plus, Environment artists are normally taken on when a project has at least some programming done.

Liam (a UWE environment artist) recently left and started working for Creative Assembly in the UK. They need someone to carry on the work :)

Ha I wasn't really being serious, just raising false hopes.

• MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Na, its Zen of Sudoku 2 next!