The Axe

2»

Comments

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Right click should definitely be mapped to something useful, not crappy rifle bash. Same goes with onos - I want bone shield on right button, and whatever attack I choose on left. Having to SCROLL just to defend is retarded.
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited September 2013
    Why does welder even need a weapon slot? It could be just on E, like the building tool, it's its extension after all. Welding other players would be much easier.

Well, except for welding armories or proto labs... "use" could be pushed on another key or that 3D armories and protos mod could make a comeback.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    hub3rtu2 wrote: »
    Why does welder even need a weapon slot? It could be just on E, like the building tool, it's its extension after all. Welding other players would be much easier.

Well, except for welding armories or proto labs... "use" could be pushed on another key or that 3D armories and protos mod could make a comeback.

Because it makes battles more interesting. Do you swap out to weld your mate or keep holding your good position?
    Having welder in hand when the alien push comes means you miss few shots from the battle.
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    kalakuja wrote: »

Because it makes battles more interesting. Do you swap out to weld your mate or keep holding your good position?
    Having welder in hand when the alien push comes means you miss few shots from the battle.

Having welder in hand and not using it is pretty uncommon and pointless. Unless you just like shooting armor up people's ass all the time instead of fighting. The swap delay would remain the same.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold

It has a weapon slot, because it's a weapon and it does damage, unlike the building tool. I use it against skulks in emergency, especially with jetpacks when out of ammo, and I would be pissed if I had to press use button that's actually interferes with my movement and is used only occasionally.

Moreover, without the switching time penalty, people would write scripts that would fire the welder up in between the shots, messing the incoming skulks and giving you a continuous damage stream in melee range, it would break the game down.
    edited September 2013
    Kamamura wrote: »
    it's a weapon and it does damage
    You would keep the axe when having welder. It's even more of a weapon I hear.
    interferes with my movement
    How about removing rifle butt and making right mouse button the build/weld hold key (or toggle if one so desire).
    is used only occasionally
    Rifle butt... not to mention that right mouse button is rendered useless when you switch to another weapon/tool, unless you binded something more useful to it. Oh wait, pistol had a laaaseeeeer, what happened to that?
    Moreover, without the switching time penalty
    As I said the switch delay would stay the same. Though, delay differences between the build gun and a welder would be kind of a stupid tradeoff. The "no axe when welder rule" is even more stupid imo, why the axe magically appears once you drop the welder? Welder is just a build gun extension!