Need help - massive performance issues

Kernkraft3000Kernkraft3000 Join Date: 2013-09-15 Member: 188252Members
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
Since the last 2 bigger updates NS2 is absolutely unplayable. Before i had a very smooth gameplay experience with 60fps no matter what situation. Now i have to tweak and i am configuring since days and i get framerate drops from 60+ to 15-60 in a fight.

I dont know what happened to the game, and i dont know what i can change. From absolutely all settings to maximum now to reducing not just the resolution, plus reducing nearly every setting to medium or off. I can´t believe that is caused by my pc.

When i change my options it seems fine when i "finally" reached the 60 fps mark. Then i go into a game and turning a bit around and its a nightmare, and even when i see 50 or 60 fps running, its stuttering and getting smoother and the opposite.

Hopefully someone can help me in this case, im very frustrated atm.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132334/where-are-my-bugfixes-natural-selection-2/p1

The last three builds were horrible. We will have to wait until probably thursday. Maybe the next build can solve some problems. Maybe ;)
  • Kernkraft3000Kernkraft3000 Join Date: 2013-09-15 Member: 188252Members
    Why don´t they just wait, until the internal testing is perfect running? An unplayable game is not "hey i just wait until ...."
  • zeqzeq Join Date: 2012-02-14 Member: 145493Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why don´t they just wait, until the internal testing is perfect running? An unplayable game is not "hey i just wait until ...."
    Because you don't understand game development, especially as it applies to a small team such as UWE. Their playtests likely were running smoothly, but represent a rather small portion of the community. Additionally you will never get a game "perfect," you merely try to get it within acceptable ranges in a reasonable time. Most of these bugs that the recent patches contained UWE didn't even know about until the patch was released. And when deadlines are set, you try your best to adhere to them. Granted, releasing fairly untested content coinciding with a free weekend was a pretty bad choice, and went somewhat poorly the last time too.