Mouse Wheel weapon scrolling

MalkContentMalkContent Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
hi. I can respect the decision to disable binding of the mousewheel, but I have one major grievance with it. For me - it simply scrolls the weapons in the wrong direction. I don't use the mwheel very often as opposed to number keys, but when it happens it's in an instinctive fashion. So... I can't count anymore how often I selected the hatchet instead of the pistol or blew myself up with xenocide lategame instead of parasiting a dude.
So my request is:
PLEASEpleaseplease enable an inversion of the mousewheel scroll direction.

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    They didn't disable mouse wheel binding, and yes it scrolls the wrong way. Make a mod for it is the only way it will be fixed most likely.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    The inverted weapon scroll gets me every time :|

They don't need to add an option to flip it, they need to flip it.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    If it matters, which it doesn't really because the server needs to run the mod, but this is fixed in both the bindings mod and the main menu poses mod. It's the easiest fix ever.
  • MalkContentMalkContent Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    you can't bind the mousewheel, at least not from the menu. and even if - next and previous weapon are not bindable, so so much for that. :/ gonna give main menu poses a try I suppose. I miss the old no-flash mod from beta. shame they disabled that
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    Their "not give a shit" approach to mwheel is the primary reason I didn't give any money for the reinforced program. I did buy 2 SE alpha keys, I'm sure UWE had a good chuckle when they took my money and provided me a video game with some weak/limited key configs.
  • MalkContentMalkContent Join Date: 2012-10-05 Member: 161597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    wulf wrote: »
    Their "not give a shit" approach to mwheel is the primary reason I didn't give any money for the reinforced program. I did buy 2 SE alpha keys, I'm sure UWE had a good chuckle when they took my money and provided me a video game with some weak/limited key configs.

well they did give a shit. otherwise they wouldn't have disabled binding it. And you appear to have had a bad day, dude.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    How did you know?? The ratio of milk to cereal this morning was slightly off, it was sunny to the point of needing to don sunscreen, and my favorite game devs wont cater to my request of putting mwheel in the ingame options- an all around bad day.
  • ruprechtruprecht Join Date: 2013-03-16 Member: 184022Members
    PLEASEpleaseplease enable an inversion of the mousewheel scroll direction.
    i support this message.
  • GryffinGryffin Join Date: 2010-01-06 Member: 69917Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Holy cow! Yes. Thank you so much for posting this. Countless deaths due to switching to axe. Maybe I should learn how to use my number keys, but I just can't. Mouse wheel for life.
  • AfijakAfijak Join Date: 2013-09-16 Member: 188281Members
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    edited September 2013
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    They didn't disable mouse wheel binding, and yes it scrolls the wrong way. Make a mod for it is the only way it will be fixed most likely.

That would be a solution, if any decent server allowed mods which more often then not they dont. Hell I cant even use my custom crosshairs cause all the servers are bitchy about mods.
    Stuff like this needs to be integrated into the game BY THE DEVS. Things like rebinding keys or changing crosshairs because the default are crap (though they are not anymore, the latest content patch improved the def crosshairs a massive amount!) is a core part of game usability and not having it like 3 years after public beta and 2 after release makes the devs look like total rank amateurs.

edit: No serious offence meant guys, in case you are reading this, but it does.
    *bump* I am shaking my fists in anger about 2 more versions with fix mwheel scroll direction. I'd at least like a comment from the devs or a representative. It's not like this request is unreasonable or creating balancing issues or requires tremendous amounts of work.
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    +1 for disabling/rebinding the mouse wheel.

My mouse has one of those nano scroll wheels.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I use mousewheel for my bunnyhop script so direction it's turning is irrelevant