race relations in ns2

AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
NS2 is the most visible example of UWE’s poisoning of race relations. We now know that UWE directly fanned the flames of racial discord. Instead of maintaining the current status quo by keeping the aliens segregated and let them kill each other in maps such as ns2_tram, UWE deliberately brought the conflict to the stage by constantly pitting the aliens against the marines on the same map while allowing the marines to stand their ground and use deadly force without the need to retreat. Aliens are constantly being killed because they are often profiled as mindless killers. Now, what is extremely hypocritical is that Flayra publicly said that if he had a pet, it'd look like a gorge, and then a few weeks later he said that what he was really saying is that the gorge could have been him 25 years ago.

Comments

• DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    You mean species right.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Oh look, Amb is back...
  • AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    this is a very srs subject, please don't troll.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Amb wrote: »
    NS2 is the most visible example of UWE’s poisoning of race relations. We now know that UWE directly fanned the flames of racial discord. Instead of maintaining the current status quo by keeping the aliens segregated and let them kill each other in maps such as ns2_tram, UWE deliberately brought the conflict to the stage by constantly pitting the aliens against the marines on the same map while allowing the marines to stand their ground and use deadly force without the need to retreat. Aliens are constantly being killed because they are often profiled as mindless killers. Now, what is extremely hypocritical is that Flayra publicly said that if he had a pet, it'd look like a gorge, and then a few weeks later he said that what he was really saying is that the gorge could have been him 25 years ago.

Cool story.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    im having another stroke... none of the OP made a whit of sense to me.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Allow me to counter this mental meandering with... a riddle:

If stones grew on trees,
    could they be called leaves,
    provided they moved in the wind,
    or would they have to be green?

Moreover, what do I have in my pocket?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Kamamura wrote: »
    Allow me to counter this mental meandering with... a riddle:

If stones grew on trees,
    could they be called leaves,
    provided they moved in the wind,
    or would they have to be green?

Moreover, what do I have in my pocket?

Nanites
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Nanites

How could he know, my pressshhhiousssss?

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2013
    Hudson pretty much sums up my sentiments on this thread

Mostly locked...

Mostly :>
This discussion has been closed.