UNKNOWNWORLDS WEBPAGE MEDIABUTTON MISSPLACED GLITCH (AND NOW GLOW)

RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
edited November 2013 in Web Site Feedback
Using latest version of chrome and it looks like other browsers also have the same glitch where the button is bumped down off the grid when you press Forums:

y5hTl0A.png

The arrow only points up to show direction the button needs to move, not how much its only big so its easier to see.
It has been like this for a while and i cannot stop looking at it :P I am refreshing the page constantly to see if it is fixed!

1ZPNHT2.jpg

you need to be inside forums.unknownworlds.com/ or somewhere in the forums to see this behavior.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    STOP...... EVERYTHING...

You detailed orientated person you, ^:)^
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited September 2013
    I'm pretty sure this has something to do with BUS! :-B
    tumblr_min5dlnixh1r4xjo2o1_500.gif
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Damnit now I can't unsee this.

Haha im almost counting how many pixels its offset by! man this is frustrating to look at :D like 90th time i refresh the page today just to see if its gone haha
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Not as frustating not having access to Terms of Use, Privacy etc. So noone can know if UWE is selling our datas to anyone (hopefully not).
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Not as frustating not having access to Terms of Use, Privacy etc. So noone can know if UWE is selling our datas to anyone (hopefully not).

Wow. Nice find.

I'm afraid this mean they have such a possible way of buttf* us.

edit : + media button is down on firefox also.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    START A FUNDRAISER FOR THIS TRAGEDY NOW!
    oh wait..
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Opera as well.
    Can't unsee.

Please... help...
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    PS new version of Chrome is silly. The new tab screen is so messed up now. Only if UWE had the power to fix that too. Tired of Google changing things around ever week it seems.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Does this on FireFox as well... They can fix this after the game is better :)
    What?! on EVERY browser? :O
    i just thought it was me in the beginning, like i maby had the wrong resolution or something else...

UWE put your best man on the case!
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Oh this is just sick. Fix. Now.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Some ppl. just want to see the world burn...
  • MyOwnOwnerMyOwnOwner Join Date: 2010-01-09 Member: 70006Members
    GameOver wrote: »
    Some ppl. just want to see the world burn...

Yes.

idu9opfo.png
    MyOwnOwner printscreen the media button on top with all those different browsers instead, so they can see the error and patch it.

Also when is the release date of "Webpage build 2"? :P
    edited September 2013
    The thing I wanted to show was, that the fonts looks different in every browser. This can also make lines, divs, spans, etc. get "off" the grid.
    But I think the media-button thing is just a plain css problem to solve.

Edit:
    And the most "interesting" thing about it is, that it looks best in IE *duck and cover...*
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    PS new version of Chrome is silly. The new tab screen is so messed up now. Only if UWE had the power to fix that too. Tired of Google changing things around ever week it seems.

You have no idea.
    Try opera 15 after using opera your entire life.
    damn MyOwnOwner your correct :P looking at the tiny details now. it definatly looks more chrisp on the IE version.
  • MaxunitMaxunit Join Date: 2005-02-01 Member: 39414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pfft, problem can be solved easily.

Just add: margin-top: 0px;

into the appropiate css file...
    edited September 2013
    After some ixquicking, I found a solution for the messed up fonts in Firefox:

Source: support.mozilla.org/de/questions/952985#answer-430930
    I had really ugly font rendering on some pages in Firefox 20.0.1 on Windows 7 Professional. The fix for me was to turn on ClearType. In Control Panel, Search for "Adjust ClearType text", select "Turn on ClearType", and go through the 4 step turning wizard.

Beautiful fonts in Firefox now!
    i always set up ClearType becouse i use alot of various fonts in photoshop so mostly anything looks sharp on my monitor, except in that printscreen :P
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Btw all this is just at the forum page, go to home and it's gone. So i demand more love for the forum :D
    yeah i changed the topic before just to clear that its a very suddle glitch only, and i quote "when you press Forums"
    So since that is where 99% of the fun stuff on the webpage are i see it 24/7 :)
    After some Ixquicking I found a solution for the messed up fonts in firefox:
    I had really ugly font rendering on some pages in Firefox 20.0.1 on Windows 7 Professional. The fix for me was to turn on ClearType. In Control Panel, Search for "Adjust ClearType text", select "Turn on ClearType", and go through the 4 step turning wizard.

Beautiful fonts in Firefox now!

Source: http://support.mozilla.org/de/questions/952985#answer-430930
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    *shakefist*
    I hadn't noticed it before you pointed it out! :(!
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Lol, thanks for the reports! To be honest: I was fixing that "Media" image for... almost a year :D

If you will find any web-related bugs, send me a PM or mention me (@AceDude).

BTW: @oldassgamers, are you happy now?
    Omg its finally fixed! my eyes can rest now! :)
    just as a designer 99,7% flawless is not really flawless so it kept bugging me more than it really should, so Thx for fixing it and i will defiantly pm next time i spot something out of place!
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    The world can resume order now. Thanks!
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yay, "Community Developer Copyright Privacy Terms of Use" is corrected too.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    AceDude wrote: »
    Lol, thanks for the reports! To be honest: I was fixing that "Media" image for... almost a year :D

If you will find any web-related bugs, send me a PM or mention me (@AceDude).

BTW: @oldassgamers, are you happy now?

Yes I'm very happy. <3